Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,743 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:34 PM

Need Your Advice - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need Your Advice (2313 Views)

Dear Family, Your Advice Is Urgently Needed / I Need Your Advice As Regards My Family Issue. / Your Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Need Your Advice by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
Typing now and crying in pains and praying God should show me love and place me somewhere!
My father had two women in his youth age and both had children for him. My mom got married to my dad officially and had 7 children for my dad( 5 guys 2-ladies of which three died )

The other lady had two children for him(a guy and lady) but later got married to another man with three additiinal male children(Divorced now)

I just finished my NYSC program without a job and currently in my father's house.
I was not at home today but met trouble in the house that was linked to issues of my father's old girlfriend(married to another man but divorced) trying to have have access to my father's bedroom!
This woman has children for my dad and her son is doing well as a navy personnel!
I have realized in recent times that my dad no longer see me and my other siblings productive!
Fellow Nairalanders, is it my fault that I'm jobless ??
Is it right for my dad to abandon me, my mom and my siblings because we are from a poor background?
I'm so tired of my house right now, no cash, no place to go after Nysc, life is something else.

I like my other brother in the navy but this recent cases could trigger automatic hatred! I'm also planning to leave my home to hustle for life but where do i go and how do i start?

Advice Please!
mehn i understand ur condition brother.... I truely do.... Why dont rapul with dat ur brother who is a naval personell into helpin u out in joining the navy also... He may advice u on how to go abt it.....
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 8:18pm On Nov 14, 2014
Cutehector4u:
mehn i understand ur condition brother.... I truely do.... Why dont rapul with dat ur brother who is a naval personell into helpin u out in joining the navy also... He may advice u on how to go abt it.....
we are not of the same mom and recently I was linking him to help me process navy recruit form with my OND, though I hold HND but financial constraints is an issue here. I have changed my mind, don't want to join the military through him again before something else happen
Re: Need Your Advice by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
we are not of the same mom and recently I was linking him to help me process navy recruit form with my OND, though I hold HND but financial constraints is an issue here. I have changed my mind, don't want to join the military through him again before something else happened.
alright..... So do u hav any other thing in mind.....
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
Cutehector4u:
alright..... So do u hav any other thing in mind.....
My brother no hope yet than to keep hunting for jobs online and offline!
please if you have a link to assist my situation kindly help out.
thanks for your concern OK!
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 9:05pm On Nov 14, 2014
please do not view without saying a word that would motivate my feelings now.
I trusted Nairalanders before seeking for your opinion, maybe some of us here have gone through same situation!
share your experiences and testimonies please!
Re: Need Your Advice by gidjah(m): 9:56pm On Nov 14, 2014
What course ? What hav u bin doin afta svce?
Re: Need Your Advice by gidjah(m): 9:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
You a Rotaract?
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 10:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
gidjah:
You a Rotaract?
yes I'm a Rotaractor!
I was inducted during " Reach withing to embrace humanity rotary year"
A dynamic member of Rotapolyunwana of Ebony zone all in D9140 Nigeria
During my service year, I was with EKET family of rotary club.
But I'm currently in calabar doing nothing, I lost out to the recent job I applied for in my state and several others.
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 10:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
gidjah:
What course ? What hav u bin doin afta svce?
I studied mechanical engineering
Re: Need Your Advice by Kanwulia: 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2014
No, it is not your fault that you are jobless.
It is in your genes.
Go forth and multiply like your ancestors! grin
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 10:38pm On Nov 14, 2014
Kanwulia:
It is in your genes.
Thank you!
you may not really understand how I felt before posting my confidential issues on nairaland!

I just pray it shouldn't happen to anyother nairalander! cheers
Re: Need Your Advice by anthoniaz(f): 10:45pm On Nov 14, 2014
@Op:I feel your pain honestly, don't feel it's because you are from a polygamous home you are being seen as an unproductive fellow.Most parents are like that, I don't even want to bore you with my experience even though I'm from a monogamous family.
Look for somthing to do, let's say Tailoring, Phone/Laptop repairs or anything. Don't just sit at home and brood, there are people who have stayed at home for 6-10years without a job and don't think you can be a millionaire overnight, you have to hussle and by His Grace, the Good Lord will bless your hussle.My dear put pride aside, you have to start from somewhere. Did you save during your NYSC? No matter how small, use it to start up something. I have been at home for 6years now without a job but atleast I didn't wait for any uncle, father or mum before starting something and I thank God for where I am today.
Don't put your hope on man cos the'll definitely fail you.God will bless you, all you need is just a step.

2 Likes

Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 10:58pm On Nov 14, 2014
anthoniaz:
@Op:I feel your pain honestly, don't feel it's because you are from a polygamous home you are being seen as an unproductive fellow.Most parents are like that, I don't even want to bore you with my experience even though I'm from a monogamous family.
Look for somthing to do, let's say Tailoring, Phone/Laptop repairs or anything. Don't just sit at home and brood, there are people who have stayed at home for 6-10years without a job and don't think you can be a millionaire overnight, you have to hussle and by His Grace, the Good Lord will bless your hussle.My dear put pride aside, you have to start from somewhere. Did you save during your NYSC? No matter how small, use it to start up something. I have been at home for 6years now without a job but atleast I didn't wait for any uncle, father or mum before starting something and I thank God for where I am today.
Don't put your hope on man cos the'll definitely fail you.God will bless you, all you need is a step.
Thanks so much for your advice and courage!
Actually I'm very jentle and pride is not a part of me. I saved some cash during my Nysc but my lil bro sucked it all Cox I was actually assisting him to gain admission!
I broke pass broken bottle now my dear..... but God dey.
Re: Need Your Advice by anthoniaz(f): 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:

Thanks so much for your advice and courage!
Actually I'm very jentle and pride is not a part of me. I saved some cash during my Nysc but my lil bro sucked it all Cox I was actually assisting him to gain admission!
I broke pass broken bottle now my dear..... but God dey.
It's well.Just look for somthing to do no matter hw small it is, it's better than sitting at home.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 11:10pm On Nov 14, 2014
anthoniaz:

It's well.Just look for somthing to do no matter hw small it is, it's better than sitting at home.
thanks
Re: Need Your Advice by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 15, 2014
Kanwulia:
It is in your genes.
Wicked woman cheesy
Re: Need Your Advice by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 15, 2014
Op, you need to get busy with something
Idle hands are the devil's workshop

How about starting with a small scale business since job isn't forthcoming?
There are many good businesses with low investment

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 5:47am On Nov 15, 2014
Zeemoor:
Op, you need to get busy with something
Idle hands are the devil's workshop

How about starting with a small scale business since job isn't forthcoming?
There are many good businesses with low investment
I'm trying my best to start something!
Thanks!
Re: Need Your Advice by samtol4(m): 8:33am On Nov 15, 2014
Get teaching job....since you studied engineering physics and Mathematics will bring money to you without much stress.
Re: Need Your Advice by pamcode(m): 9:07am On Nov 15, 2014
Kanwulia:
It is in your genes.
why does this moniker's comments like to be diff from the others and the comments are always downgrading or insultive
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
pamcode:
why does this moniker's comments like to be diff from the others and the comments are always downgrading or insultive
Such is life! some persons were actually born with a Silver spoon while others struggle just to get a bronze

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
pamcode:
Such is life! some persons were actually born with a Silver spoon while others struggle just to get a bronze
so do not ponder when people comment nonchalantly when others are in distress!
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 12:33pm On Nov 15, 2014
samtol4:
Get teaching job....since you studied engineering physics and Mathematics will bring money to you without much stress.
That's true! thanks
Re: Need Your Advice by gidjah(m): 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
yes I'm a Rotaractor!
I was inducted during " Reach withing to embrace humanity rotary year"
A dynamic member of Rotapolyunwana of Ebony zone all in D9140 Nigeria
During my service year, I was with EKET family of rotary club.
But I'm currently in calabar doing nothing, I lost out to the recent job I applied for in my state and several others.
was a member of D 9120 in my college days.you should begin to think teaching,though u do not hav edu cert,try big schools around u,they shall likely gv u an opportunity to manifest.try some rotarians around too,they can realy b of good help as they hav always bin.the only slot i hav got now is 4 a fed sch teacher but not 4ur kind

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
Typing now and crying in pains and praying God should show me love and place me somewhere!
My father had two women in his youth age and both had children for him. My mom got married to my dad officially and had 7 children for him( 5 guys 2-ladies of which three died )

The other lady had two children for him(a guy and lady) but later got married to another man with three additional male children(Divorced now)

I just finished my NYSC program without a job and currently in my father's house.
I was not at home today but met trouble in the house that was linked to issues of my father's old girlfriend(married to another man but divorced) trying to have have access to my father's bedroom!
This woman have children for my dad and her son is doing well as a military personnel!
I have realized in recent times that my dad no longer see me and my other siblings productive!
Fellow Nairalanders, is it my fault that I'm jobless ??
Is it right for my dad to abandon me, my mom and my siblings because we are from a poor background?
I'm so tired of my house right now, no cash, no place to go after Nysc, life is something else.

I like my other brother in the navy but this recent cases could trigger automatic hatred! I'm also planning to leave my home to hustle for life but where do i go and how do i start?

Advice Please!

All these stories of my father's mistress, divorced ex wife blah blah blah is no problem, the situation is you getting a job.
Don't you have a friend you could stay with while you hustle a teaching job. You are probably getting free food in your parents house that's why you seem laid back.

Carry your bag, look for a friend to squat with, then go look for a job. Even if it means working for little pay to gain experience.
You are done with Nysc and should be able to fend for yourself.. Quite the pity party and go do something beneficial.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice by ladynice: 3:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
gidjah:
was a member of D 9120 in my college days.you should begin to think teaching,though u do not hav edu cert,try big schools around u,they shall likely gv u an opportunity to manifest.try some rotarians around too,they can realy b of good help as they hav always bin.the only slot i hav got now is 4 a fed sch teacher but not 4ur kind
pls am intrested in d fed school teacher I have n.c.e in biology chemistry thanks
Re: Need Your Advice by ogawisdom(m): 3:55pm On Nov 15, 2014
Chillisauce:

All these stories of my father's mistress, divorced ex wife blah blah blah is no problem, the situation is you getting a job.
Don't you have a friend you could stay with while you hustle a teaching job. You are probably getting free food in your parents house that's why you seem laid back.

Carry your bag, look for a friend to squat with, then go look for a job. Even if it means working for little pay to gain experience.
You are done with Nysc and should be able to fend for yourself.. Quite the pity party and go do something beneficial.

U jst said my mind op is probably lazy n enjoying his comfort zone. He gets free food n shelter n still talkin as if his background is d problem. D real prob is dt u ve refused to quit ur comfort zone n go n earn a living. Ur father won't live ur life for u so free d old man at least he has trained u in sch.

Anybody dt is totally jobless is a lazy man. There is a lot things to do lik teachin in primary n secondary sch or even goin to construction site to do job man if ur ego ll allow u. U can also ride taxi, bus or keke on high purchase. Op go n hussle otherwise ur situation may nt change soon. Nothing humbles a man lik hunger but u r gettin free food n shelter n blabbin.

1 Like

Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 4:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
gidjah:
Re: Need Your Advice by mutter(f): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
You may not be happy with what your father is doing but quite honestly it is not for you to interfere or to even let it affect you.
You must have respect for yourf ather and respect what he does, even if you don`t like it.
Since you are actually old enough to leave home, your father does not have to put you into consideration when he wants to bring a woman into the house. More so this woman was his wife and is the mother of your siblings.
You want to improve your life:
Show your father respect and accept his decision. We are a polygamous society and it is allowed.
Show the woman respect and be nice to her, it will also improve your relationship with your father.
Don`t worry about your mother, she can handle it at this age and she should not get her children involved. Any mother that loves her children will not get them involved. You cannot even begin to understand what is going, she does.
You want to go out and fend for yourself. You just do not understand how the world is. When you have nothing and are in need even friends turn their back. You will recieve insults and humilation.
Is it not better you stay go and meet your brother. Even his mother might be able to help you.
Humble yourself and be a good son. Help at home in whatever way is appropriate for a man at your age. Show respect and humility to your father and the woman and your mum.
Console your mum that is all she deserves from you.
The journey in life can be a though one. You have to pay a price. It is better you take shit at home than outside from strangers.
Besides how do you expect your brother to help you if you don`t respect his mum?
The hard truth isthat you canĀ“t have ever loved him if you cannot respect his mum or accomodate her presence. Look at it this way. Your brother had a hard time growing up without his mum. Do you thing he did not have many things to cry about? Do you think he never felt that your mum did not show him the love she showed you? Now you want to prevent his mumn from entering the house.
I do hope you can take this advice and if you do please come back to give the testimony of how yoru life changed for the better!
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2014
ogawisdom:

U jst said my mind op is probably lazy n enjoying his comfort zone. He gets free food n shelter n still talkin as if his background is d problem. D real prob is dt u ve refused to quit ur comfort zone n go n earn a living. Ur father won't live ur life for u so free d old man at least he has trained u in sch.

Anybody dt is totally jobless is a lazy man. There is a lot things to do lik teachin in primary n secondary sch or even goin to construction site to do job man if ur ego ll allow u. U can also ride taxi, bus or keke on high purchase. Op go n hussle otherwise ur situation may nt change soon. Nothing humbles a man lik hunger but u r gettin free food n shelter n blabbin.
.. well said brother! I'm not really lazy as you think and mind you it's not even upto a month that I Passed out of NYSC, if I was a lazy fellow, I wouldn't have come up with a thread to seek for the way forward .
No man is an island of knowledge.
if u have any link to someone that would give out Taxi, keke on HP feel free to assist me ASAP
Re: Need Your Advice by RotrEmmanuel: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
ogawisdom:

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of The Top Nigerian States With The Most Hardworking Men & Best Husbands / The Injustice Of Men: Some Northern Men / This Is The Second Time Im Asking This Favor. Please help!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.