Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,200 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles (608 Views)

Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
The Super Eagles of Nigeria may not be playing the Best of football now but they have won some great games and scored great goals.
Here are some great goals the Super Eagles have scored:

Sunday Oliseh wining goal against Spain in France '98. An explosive shot from 25yards beating Andoni Zubizarrata....I haven't seen the Super Eagles scoring such in recent years. I hope Ogenyi Onazi will get to do that someday.

Austin Okocha left footed shot against Cameroon in Nig/Ghana 2000. Really fantastic finish by one of the greatest Super Eagles Playmaker.

Julius Aghahowa thumping header against Sweden in Korea/Japan 2002. Good cross from Joseph Yobo and a great header by Aghahowa.

Austin Okocha spectacular free kick against Cameroon in Tunisia 2004. It was an expertly delivered freekick over the defence with Kameni no chance than to turn him into a spectator watching the ball roll into his net.

John Utaka fantastic finish against Cameroon in Tunisia 2004. Pure genius pass from Kanu Nwankwo to John Utaka. Defence splitting pass from Kanu and a cool finish from John Utaka....this goal got everyone on their feet as the ball rolls in slow motion into the net. Similar to Musa's goal against Mali after a defence splitting pass from Onazi in AFCON 2013.

Emmanuel Emenike goal against Burkina Faso in AFCON 2013. Very beautiful goal. You hardly see the super Eagles scoring this kind of goal. Good team work goal. Good vision from John Obi Mikel to find Brown Ideye who send the ball to the path of Emenike with a back heel pass and a beautiful goal by Emenike.

Sunday Mba classy finish against Burkina Faso in AFCON FINAL. A loose ball fall to Mba and doing a barber job on the rushing defender and slam the ball to the back of the net. That goal was indeed Nigeria best goal of the tournament.

We wish the Super Eagles goodluck as they face Congo and South Africa.
You can add to the memorable goals of the Super Eagles.
Re: Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles by Lordabas: 9:54pm On Nov 14, 2014

MY MOST MEMORABLE
I NO GO EVER FORGET
grin

Re: Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles by modextus(m): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2014
Ahmed Musa's double against Argentina at brazil2014

*Emenike's goal against ivory coast afcon2013
Re: Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles by Ezedon(m): 12:20am On Nov 15, 2014
Yet they couldn't win world cup, and also stayed 19 good years to lift AFCON trophies
Re: Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles by ukukaegbu(m): 8:06am On Nov 15, 2014
Amunike's flying header against Bulgaria in USA 94, Super Eagles' 3rd goal.
Re: Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles by tuffgongjo(m): 9:34am On Nov 15, 2014
Yekini's 45yards shot against Gabon is a "Bomb".

1 Like

Re: Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles by Theflint1(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
to me its John Utaka's goal against Cameroon, would always remember the Cameroonian player that sat on the tracks after the game and fought off everyone that tried consoling him..
Re: Memorable Goals Of The Super Eagles by Icon4s(m): 12:57pm On Nov 15, 2014
Thunder Balogun's goal that killed a goal keeper.

After thunder Balogun dribbled all the opposing defenders, he came one-on-one with the goalie. His wife suddenly shouted from the stands: "Thunder Balogun remember ur left leg!!!!".Thunder Balogun took to his beloved wife's advice all blasted the ball with his left leg. The ball blasted through d stomach of the keeper and entered d net. The goalie died on the spot. grin

Note: I no watch the match o. Na story wey I hear when I was small. Guys that followed football in the 50s and 60s confirm this myth. grin

(1) (Reply)

Serie A Worst Team Of The Season So Far / Rules Of Football When Wewere Kids / Steven Gerrad To Leave Liverpool For The US MLS At The End Of The Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.