Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

This Is What Disappointment Sounds Like - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / This Is What Disappointment Sounds Like (799 Views)

When The Trumpet Sounds / The Sounds Of War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is What Disappointment Sounds Like by senexy(f): 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2014
I did it all on purpose……. How can i be left empty handed?

I gave it everything in me even the things i didn't know i had….. How can i be left empty handed?

I wanted it with not just my heart but with the very essence of my being and existence… How can i be left empty handed?

I worked harder than i have ever done probably more than i ever will… How can i be left empty handed?

I sit here thinking, wondering, questioning like my very next breath depended upon it..

But still one question remained…. How can i be left empty handed?

So i got inspired by the words ''i did it all on purpose'' and then it became a poem and finally it drew my attention to disappointment. Moving on, life can be very disappointing but at some moments this disappointments might hit an all time low, it leaves you reeling in pain and wondering what went wrong? how can i try so hard and still end up with nothing. I would like to put my own spin on it and say that why shouldn't you be left empty handed? We all sometimes forget that everything in life is a blessing and an opportunity, a-times all our efforts pay off and a-times they don't, when it does celebrate and squeeze out all the joy that you can get out of the moment and when it doesn't cry if you have to, rant if it helps but always learn to pick yourself back up and know that tomorrow is another day and it will come with its own set of opportunities and like someone said ”i will not kill myself because my moment might be the very next one” (okay i said that and now its a quote, bite me! tongue). Remember disappointment is just a temporary feeling it will pass and everyone goes through such moments so don’t go around thinking that you are a failure, you are what God says you are and i don’t think failure was one of the things he said.

P:S: i think i will write something about overcoming disappointments….. hmmmm not sure though but i think its important so who knows so watch this space.

(1) (Reply)

. / Our Crazy World / A Romantic Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.