Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,376 members, 7,781,058 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:09 AM

Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. (16185 Views)

My Pre-order Experience With Kakakibuy / Appreciation To Kakakibuy For My German Pre-ordered 2004 Bmw 320i Exclusive / ***Kakakibuy + Joker5180 DELIVERED 2002 Mercedes Benz C240**Ohio To Naija*PICS** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by oluwaseunla(m): 5:00am On Nov 15, 2014
Over time, due to some deals that went bad on this forum, I've seen people insinuate that pre-order is not a good method whenever you want to buy a car. Some went as far as labeling all pre-order dealers here as cheats and fraudsters. Someone suggested that maybe if some satisfied customers can open threads whenever their deals go so right (instead of opening only complaint threads), people will know that it's not all doom and gloom.

I've had arguments with a few people on these boards a few times. My opinion is that it is not pre-order itself that is wrong. In fact, as a matter of personal choice, I'll always take that method whenever I want to get a car. But to go that route, you need to have someone, who is not only trustworthy, but completely professional. I've come to recommend Kakakibuy as one of such people.

I pre-ordered a 2008 Toyota Highlander Sports through him, which was delivered last thursday, in very good time, and in excellent condition. Did I mention that despite it being a clean title and in tip top condition, I still got it cheaper than I'll get it in most places in Lagos (Yes, I priced). I'll be updating this thread with how it all went down, (especially with all the behind the scenes; as much as I can remember). He's someone that has consistently delivered over time, and I'll keep recommending him to anyone who needs to pre-order from either Europe or the U.S.

Oh! If you ever need to pre-order, his mail is kakakibuy@hotmail.com

7 Likes

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by oluwaseunla(m): 5:36am On Nov 15, 2014
Ok, to choose a dealer, I look out for honesty and professionalism (like I said before). That aside, I prefer someone who can organise a physical inspection; you can't be too sure of carfax and autocheck these days. A case in point is a thread posted by someone whose opinions I respect in the car talk section:

https://www.nairaland.com/1991010/should-buff-right-out

The car in the picture on that thread has a 'clean history' and like he said, be careful out there.

Kakakibuy ensures all vehicles are inspected by a certified mechanic before it's shipped to you. If the car is red-flagged, the deal is off. This is to ensure that you don't end up with a lemon. I know one or two people outside this forum that patronised him, and as much as I can tell, they are still enjoying their cars.

1 Like

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 15, 2014
Good to know that we still have honest and trustworthy guys out there as most of us are discouraged about this pre order business. I have also heard one or two other Nairalanders vouch for Kakakibuy but we will appreciate more details of the transaction, pictures and the cost of the ride. With that we can analyse the deal and make a honest conclusion.
Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by oluwaseunla(m): 8:45am On Nov 15, 2014
chibabe3:
Good to know that we still have honest and trustworthy guys out there as most of us are discouraged about this pre order business. I have also heard one or two other Nairalanders vouch for Kakakibuy but we will appreciate more details of the transaction, pictures and the cost of the ride. With that we can analyse the deal and make a honest conclusion.

The full details are part of what I intend to achieve here, but to give a quick reply, that particular highlander sports (with all the options), was got for a total of around 3.6 mil. He gave me base models of thesame 2008 highlander for around 3 mil, of course with less options. All the prices are inclusive of clearing.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 1:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
oluwaseunla:
I pre-ordered a 2008 Toyota Highlander Sports through him, which was delivered last thursday, in very good time, and in excellent condition. Did I mention that despite it being a clean title and in tip top condition, I still got it cheaper than I'll get it in most places in Lagos (Yes, I priced). I'll be updating this thread with how it all went down, (especially with all the behind the scenes; as much as I can remember). He's someone that has consistently delivered over time, and I'll keep recommending him to anyone who needs to pre-order from either Europe or the U.S.

Oh! If you ever need to pre-order, his mail is kakakibuy@hotmail.com

Thank you for the opportunity to deliver this SUV to you. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by tayosmatts(f): 3:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
Kakakibuy uhmmm! Anytime I hear the name, all I think of is honesty, professionalism and above all, a good deal!!! cheesy. Pre-ordered from him this year and all I can say is my car is da bomb!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by oluwaseunla(m): 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
kakakibuy:

Thank you for the opportunity to deliver this SUV to you. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

The pleasure is mine sir. Your good work speaks for you. Hoping for a long and fruitful relationship. Keep it up sir!

2 Likes

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by oluwaseunla(m): 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
When we started out on this deal, we considered different cars but eventually settled for the '08 Highlander. I've learnt to trust Kakakibuy's advice. I must confess that he's got an eye for good things. Eventually, Kakakibuy was given the following specifications:
It must be black color,
It must have leather interior,
It must have a back up camera,
It must have third row seats.

All these for a budget. The initial budget I gave him was too low. I must commend his patience here. We considered not less than 5 highlanders. He tried to match the budget given without compromising standards. From my experience, one advantage of dealing with him is that he absolutely doesn't compromise on the quality of cars he'll deliver to you. The cars he delivered are truly buy and drive, nothing to fix.

Unfortunately, he couldn't find a vehicle that fits the budget and has all the options. He gave two alternatives: We either choose a base model with less options, or raise the budget.

Stretched a bit and raised the budget. We eventually settled for one that fits the bill. Snag is that at that point, while the money to buy the car was available, there wasn't enough to cover for other stuffs (shipping, transport to port, admin fees). Anyways, we agreed to wire him the money to buy the car first, then transfer the remaining a few days after.

1 Like

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by oluwaseunla(m): 9:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
So the money was wired. Unfortunately, there was a delay from my bank, and the transaction lagged. By the time the money was actually transferred, the car was already bought. Kakakibuy had to search again and he got an even better car than the first one, lower mileage, maintainance history e.t.c.

The car has a clean history. A mechanic inspected, and certified the car to be in good working condition. The mechanic's report was sent to my mail. Everything checked out.

1 Like

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by oluwaseunla(m): 9:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
Timeline of the major events:

September 19 2014: Total cash for car purchase was transferred to Kakakibuy's account.

September 22: Kakakibuy confirmed receipt of the money. By this time the car was sold but a better one was found.

October 1: Bill of sale was sent to my mail.

October 3: Balance was sent to Kakakibuy's account. This is to balance for shipping and admin fees.

October 10: All paperwork completed, car dropped off at shipping company for the next Grimaldi vessel. We preferred Grimaldi because of ease and security.

October 19: Car confirmed to be loaded on the vessel.

October 21: E-copy of bill of laden received in my mail. It was passed on to the clearing agent. ETA of vessel was set at 7th November.

November 6: Hard copy of BOL passed on to the clearing agent.

13th November: Vehicle was delivered.

1 Like

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 7:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
Don’t let tools mar your car’s finish:If you plan to service and make repairs to your car, invest in a fender cover. It drapes over your fender, providing a safe place to rest your tools without causing scratches. It will also prevent your belt buckle from marring your paint as you lean into the engine compartment to work.

We don't resell cars for profit. Pay exact costs only!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
Don’t fill up if you see the tanker If you happen to see a gasoline tanker filling the tanks at your local gas station, come back another day or go to a different station. As the station’s underground tanks are being filled, the turbulence can stir up sediment. Sediment in your gas can clog fuel filters and fuel injectors, causing poor performance and possibly necessitating repairs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by snazzy5050(m): 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2014
please what's the last price of pre ordering a BMW x6 2008
Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
snazzy5050:
please what's the last price of pre ordering a BMW x6 2008

A very good evening to you and compliments of the season.

Landing cost (all inclusive except for customs clearing which is set to change on Jan. 1) for this 2008 BMW X6 xDrive50i is $34,000

Mileage: 68,000 miles

Contact remains: kakakibuy@hotmail.com

1 Like

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
snazzy5050:
BMW x6 2008

The above is American Spec. For the EU version, I found for less.

Landing cost: €23,500

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 12:07pm On Dec 29, 2014
Choose a good car insurer Sometimes, no matter how careful you are, disaster inevitably strikes — typically in the form of an accident. Make sure that your car will be repaired to the best possible standard by finding an insurer that will pay for parts from the original manufacturer and guarantee the repairs it authorizes.

1 Like

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 1:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Clean dash gauges carefully Use a soft damp cloth to lightly wipe dust from the clear plastic lenses on your dashboard. Too much pressure will scratch them. Too many scratches can make it difficult to read your gauges under certain lighting conditions.

1 Like

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
Rotate your tires Rotating your tires helps to distribute tire wear evenly and ensures that you’ll get the maximum road life out of them. The first rotation is especially important.Your owner’s manual should specify both rotation period and pattern. If not, rotate your tires every 6,000 to 7,500 miles (9,700 to 12,000 km) — your tire dealer should know the correct pattern of tire rotation.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2014
Check tread for safety Most states require tires to be replaced when they have worn down to 1/16-inch (1.5 mm) of remaining tire depth. Tires sold in North America are required to have “wear bars” molded into them to make it easy to see when tire replacement is legally required. However, if you’ll be driving in the rain, you should change your tires when there is 1/8-inch (3 mm) of tread left. Otherwise, water may not escape from under your tires fast enough and you risk hydroplaning — a dangerous situation in which your car loses traction and literally floats on the water. Stick an American quarter between the treads in several places. If part of Washington’s head is always covered, you have enough tread to drive in the rain. If you drive in snow, you’ll need at least 3/16-inch (5 mm) of tread to get adequate traction. Stick an American penny between the treads. If the top of the Lincoln Memorial is always covered, you’re ready for winter driving.

1 Like

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2014
Don’t forget to flush Coolant-antifreeze eventually degrades and becomes contaminated. Flush it from your cooling system as recommended in your manual (typically every two years; every five years for newer coolants). Failing to do so can damage your radiator, clog your heater core, and cause the thermostat and water pump to fail.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2014
Avoid overfilling your crankcase with oil Don’t overfill your engine crankcase with oil. If you do, the oil can rise into the crankshaft, where air bubbles will get churned into the oil.Your oil pump can’t do a good job of circulating oil with air bubbles. The result can be overheating and stress on engine components. Overfilling can also foul your sparkplugs. In fact, overfilling is a bad idea with all automotive fluids.

1 Like

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 10:54am On Jan 01, 2015
Use upholstery cleaners on soiled seats The same upholstery cleaners you use at home can be used on your car’s upholstery. Use them sparingly, however, to avoid saturating the fabric. Use a clean cloth to wipe away the foam. On velour seats, brush the fibers gently to avoid matting them and to preserve the original texture of the fabric.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 9:57pm On Jan 01, 2015
Keep an auto log Keep a pad and pencil in the glove compartment and use them to record your gas fill-ups and mileage. If you notice that your gas mileage worsens, mention it to your service man. It may be an early warning sign that something is wrong with your car.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 11:38pm On Jan 02, 2015
Dilute your coolant Your cooling system needs both coolant-antifreeze and water, so don’t pour undiluted coolant into your cooling system. Dilute it with water to the commonly recommended 50-50 ratio. Similarly, don’t use straight water in your system either.The coolant protects against corrosion and freezing.The water ensures good heat transfer from the coolant to the radiator.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 10:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
Buy gas at reputable service stations Ask whether the gas you buy is filtered at the pump and if the station has a policy about changing the pump filters regularly. If you get a song and dance, find another gas station. Some stations don’t have pump filters, making you more vulnerable to dirty gasoline. Other stations may not mix alcohol and fuel properly — or worse, water down their product. Find a station you trust and stick to it.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 6:59pm On Jan 04, 2015
Brakes are a vital component of your vehicle. Poor brake performance and condition can result in substantially longer braking distances potentially placing you and your passengers in danger.
Squealing brakes, grinding on your rotors or unusual vibrations may indicate your brakes need replacing.
Another sign of worn brakes is poor brake performance.
Ensure that your vehicle's brake fluid is full.
Always use the recommended brake fluid for you vehicle, this can be found in your owner's manual.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 5:11am On Jan 05, 2015
Power steering fluid should be checked regularly to ensure it is filled to capacity.
The fluid can be checked via the reservoir. For the specific location relating to your vehicle please check your owner's manual.
Only use the recommended oil for your car, this information can be found in your owner's manual.
Never over fill the reservoir.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 11:23am On Jan 05, 2015
Maintenance of suspension components is vital to ensure vehicle safely. Worn suspension components can increase your stopping distance by up to 20%. In addition properly-functioning suspension ensures a more comfortable ride for passengers.
Suspension components should be checked regularly for any signs of physical damage and excess wear.
Shock absorbers should be checked for fluid leaks.
Check your suspension when driving for any abnormalities i.e. steering wheel vibration, nose diving when stopping.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 9:25pm On Jan 05, 2015
Tyre care is essential for maintaining vehicle safety. Tyres should be checked on a regular basis and before any long driving trips. Correctly maintained tyres will improve fuel economy, extend tyre life and improve vehicle safety.
Tyre inflation should be checked every two weeks when cold, recommended pressure can be found in the owner's manual.
Abnormal wear patterns indicate possible wheel alignment or suspension problems.
Vibrations in the steering indicate the tyres may require balancing.
Make sure that tyres have a minimum of 1.6mm of tread depth.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 9:44am On Jan 06, 2015
The battery is the key component of your car's electrical system and the main cause of vehicle breakdowns. A number of simple steps can be taken to ensure your battery is kept in optimum condition all year round.
Check battery terminals regularly to ensure they are clean and tight.
Ensure that the electrolyte level is correct, if topping up only use distilled water. Many newer batteries are maintenance free and won't require topping up.
Make sure the battery is secure.
If your battery has not been replaced in 3 – 4 years consider a replacement as battery failures often occur with no warning.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 8:43am On Jan 07, 2015
Lights are critical for vehicle safety. Electrical components including horns and window demisters need to be checked as well to ensure correct operation on a regular basis.
Check you lights regularly to ensure they work correctly.
Only use the recommended globes, this information can be found in your owner's manual.
Check other electrical components i.e. horns, window demisters regularly to ensure correct operation.

Re: Pre-order With Kakakibuy: My Experience. by kakakibuy(m): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
Don’t forget to flush Coolant-antifreeze eventually degrades and becomes contaminated. Flush it from your cooling system as recommended in your manual (typically every two years; every five years for newer coolants). Failing to do so can damage your radiator, clog your heater core, and cause the thermostat and water pump to fail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Reliable Is The Lexus Es300/es330 And Cost / 30 Vehicle Manufacturing Plants Take Off Soon / Are You Interested In Saving Money On Fuel Consumption And Maintenance Cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.