Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething (2704 Views)

Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? / Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! / What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething by seunben(m): 5:15am On Nov 15, 2014
Babies (6 - 30 months) come down with fever and diarrhea when teething but paediatricians seem to disagree with this idea. However, I have observed that after bouts of fever or diarrhea in babies (6 -30 months) a new tooth usually appears. Is there any connection between teething and sickness in babies?
Re: Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething by Miami11: 6:24am On Nov 15, 2014
My precious son is teething no sign of teeth yet, but the drooling, restlessness,crying, God I cannot even do anything in the house anymore, I bought dr hylands toothing gel and tabs they help a lot,can't waith for the tooth to erupt.
Re: Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething by seunben(m): 8:21am On Nov 15, 2014
Miami11:
My precious son is teething no sign of teeth yet, but the drooling, restlessness,crying, God I cannot even do anything in the house anymore, I bought dr hylands toothing gel and tabs they help a lot,can't waith for the tooth to erupt.
I believe the teeth will still come. it is not uncommon for baby to start teething before the teeth actually appears but if the symptoms persists u may need to see a doctor.
Re: Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething by dBard: 8:56am On Nov 15, 2014
With the eruption of teeth will naturally come a bit of pain n discomfort (mild inflammation)..with a tendency f d child t always want t stick their fingers in their mouths. Keeping in mind DAT dis usually occurs wen d child can sit,or learning t crawl, you'll understand y d higher incidence of diarrhoea etc.
It is Not a direct consequence of the teething process.
Re: Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 15, 2014
I believe that the urge to pick and chew any object could contribute to the diarrhea. The teething child puts any dirty thing he gets his hands on into his mouth and starts sucking and chewing it.

Maybe providing him with a regularly washed chewy object may reduce the diarrhea. As for the fever and irritation, it is due to the gum inflammation. Afterall, there is an open, itchy wound inside his mouth with teeth growing out of it.
Re: Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething by drnoel: 3:30pm On Nov 15, 2014
seunben:
Babies (6 - 30 months) come down with fever and diarrhea when teething but paediatricians seem to disagree with this idea. However, I have observed that after bouts of fever or diarrhea in babies (6 -30 months) a new tooth usually appears. Is there any connection between teething and sickness in babies?

its the pain they feel which usually triggers stress hormones
Re: Why Do Babies Fall Sick When They Start Teething by LaRoyalHighness(f): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
That's the period that every thing he/she sees, they put into the mouth.. Hence bacteria... And illness.

(1) (Reply)

Emotional Abuse / Hubbby Says He Doesnt Want Kids! Help!! / Guys, Don't Get Married If You Work In A Private Establishment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.