Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,056 members, 7,807,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:43 AM

Youwin 4th Edition Is Here - Business (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin 4th Edition Is Here (65169 Views)

Pictures of President Jonathan Inspecting an Aircraft Made by a Youth at YOUWIN / Youwin Updates / YouWin Second Round Candidates List For The 36 States And FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
diegs:

Sorry i meant expected sales for two different products
You are the one who knows what you are selling. If you sell 20 of A and 10 of B at N10 each for A and N20 for B then expected monthly sales is N200+N200=N400 monthly. It is the N400 you will work with. It is expected sales so you assume that is what you can sell monthly. Make sure when you multiply N400 by 12, it is greater than the the requested youwin grant.

This question starts from your raw materials if your raw material is 20x then 20x should produce value of 40x. It is now up to you to know if you can sell the 40x in one month or 2 months, it is better you are able to sell faster.

My explanation is only indicative and not compulsory. 20x may produce goods with market value of 40x for you or it could be more. I hope you understand.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
blink182:
You are the one who knows what you are selling. If you sell 20 of A and 10 of B at N10 each for A and N20 for B then expected monthly sales is N200+N200=N400 monthly. It is the N400 you will work with. It is expected sales so you assume that is what you can sell monthly. Make sure when you multiply N400 by 12, it is greater than the the requested youwin grant.

This question starts from your raw materials if your raw material is 20x then 20x should produce value of 40x. It is now up to you to know if you can sell the 40x in one month or 2 months, it is better you are able to sell faster.

My explanation is only indicative and not compulsory. 20x may produce goods with market value of 40x for you or it could be more. I hope you understand.

Yes I understand. What you said is my sales should be times 2 of my raw materials. And I should make sure I am able to sell at that r ate. Am I right.

Then my no 2 question. I am applying for 9million naira. I tot the Break even was calculating fixed and variable costs. But what I understand from the explanation here is that it is when I sell up to the 9million Nairaland grant that is my break even point. Please which is right. Thanks again
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
diegs:

Yes I understand. What you said is my sales should be times 2 of my raw materials. And I should make sure I am able to sell at that r ate. Am I right.

Then my no 2 question. I am applying for 9million naira. I tot the Break even was calculating fixed and variable costs. But what I understand from the explanation here is that it is when I sell up to the 9million Nairaland grant that is my break even point. Please which is right. Thanks again
No that is not what I meant, it was only an illustration it should be more.

they are both right
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2015
blink182:

they are both right

I am grateful. Tnx
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2015
blink182:

they are both right

Sorry o. One more last question? Since the fixed and variable cost is for a whole year, will both be greater than the 9million naira grant I wish to ask for. Tnx kiss
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
diegs:

Sorry o. One more last question? Since the fixed and variable cost is for a whole year, will both be greater than the 9million naira grant I wish to ask for. Tnx kiss
No, it can't be greater. You could factor in your contribution but I do not advise you do that. Make your costs equal to the youwin grant then you can always tell youwin how much you can contribute to the business.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by kendraloops(f): 12:36am On Jan 24, 2015
Wanted to submit an entry for a school but an awardee said it might not fly as its capital intensive and i might not break even in 12 months. What do you guys think? Does a daycare seem better? The thing is, fees are paid 1ce per term(3Months), doesnt seem likely that one can breakeven.

I'm also considering an outdoor events centre cos erecting a building for an indoor events centre and all could be over the maximum amount? What do you think too?

In reality, do businesses really break even under 12 months cos this our environment can be quite harsh atimes.

Lemme hear from you my ogas at the top: xdream, chukwuka12, blink182,openmine and others please.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 24, 2015
kendraloops:
Wanted to submit an entry for a school but an awardee said it might not fly as its capital intensive and i might not break even in 12 months. What do you guys think? Does a daycare seem better? The thing is, fees are paid 1ce per term(3Months), doesnt seem likely that one can breakeven.

I'm also considering an outdoor events centre cos erecting a building for an indoor events centre and all could be over the maximum amount? What do you think too?

In reality, do businesses really break even under 12 months cos this our environment can be quite harsh atimes.

Lemme hear from you my ogas at the top: xdream, chukwuka12, blink182,openmine and others please.
That's the reason you should go into a business with an established value chain and quick turn over. Time is almost up, please look for a business that progresses fast. The agricultural sector does it a lot but could also be high risk.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 24, 2015
[quote author=blink182 post=30063550][/quote]

Pls i have a cousin with just waec can she apply for beauty business. Though she went for a year training in a salon then, don't know if that enough

The secondly, regarding diegs question that where the hitch is. I am applying for 9,900,000 for a bakery business.

Machinery 3,960,000
Operating expenses and co 4,950,000
Pre start up 990,000.

Will my variable and fixed cost be share btwn th operating expenses which is 4,950,000 or the whole 9,900,000
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 24, 2015
cionon:

Pls i have a cousin with just waec can she apply for beauty business. Though she went for a year training in a salon then, don't know if that enough

The secondly, regarding diegs question that where the hitch is. I am applying for 9,900,000 for a bakery business.

Machinery 3,960,000
Pre start up 990,000.

Will my variable and fixed cost be share btwn th operating expenses which is 4,950,000 or the whole 9,900,000
Your cousin can't apply.

Share the money you are applying for into maximum 40% for capital expense and 50% Operating expense and 10% Pre-start up. You are on track.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by belovedaja(m): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2015
pls i made a grieveous mistake in my apptn. can i submit anoda one using a separate account/email
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
blink182:
Your cousin can't apply.

Share the money you are applying for into maximum 40% for capital expense and 50% Operating expense and 10% Pre-start up. You are on track.

What abt the last part. The break even pont. Referring from diegs post. I was asking if variable and fixed cost should be the whole 9,900,000 or from the operating expenses which is 4,950,000
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 24, 2015
Tnx blink
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jan 24, 2015
cionon:

What abt the last part. The break even pont. Referring from diegs post. I was asking if variable and fixed cost should be the whole 9,900,000 or from the operating expenses which is 4,950,000
Yes
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by chukwuka12: 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
cionon:

Its from the whole grant amount, note that your fixed cost is within the 40%(capital exp) however put everything into consideration...

@Belovedaja am sure we have answered dis before if u go tru d thread, however i think itd a risk you should not be taking, in order not to disqualify your self.

@Kendraloops, sori dont have much knowledge on schools, but confirmed any school budiness can not bresk even in a year, even in 2 years.,. However if u have a strong passion in education, den look for a mentor in that line and seek for advise, tell him/her u have 9m to invest in school, they should help u with general analysis, when can u break even etc... its not theory it has to be practical... cheers
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
Tnx chukwuka
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by 40dogzz(m): 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2015
Pls i will like to know if buhari or any other person wins, will youwin still countine?
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by kendraloops(f): 4:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
chukwuka12 and blink182, thanks a lot
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by kendraloops(f): 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2015
40dogzz:
Pls i will like to know if buhari or any other person wins, will youwin still countine?

hopefully it should, just like PTDF, NDDC and the likes.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by chukwuka12: 5:47pm On Jan 24, 2015
40dogzz:

Do your part, leave the rest to God....
Nobody knows, thats the truth.....
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 24, 2015
chukwuka12:

Its from the whole grant amount, note that your fixed cost is w. o
This is what I fear about fixed and variable costs. Fixed cost has nothing to do with capital expense rather it is variable cost that deals with capital expense. Fixed cost arises, whether you are producing or not, it is what keeps the business going even when nothing is happening. You should Google it, that's why I try not to talk about it when I make analysis for people.

1 Like

Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by xdream(m): 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
kendraloops:

Who says businesses (some) can't break even under 12 months? Let me whisper to you a personal expo (for only you, don't tell anyone o) the businesses that clinched victory in YouWiN! are businesses that didn't exceed 12months to break even. That's the expo, its for you alone o. Smiles grin

Now back to your question *clearsThroat*

Most of the people I met in YouWiN! 3 that won in school business are existing school, they applied for expansion. If you seek to apply for daycare alone, its not bad but have you considered the staff strength? Will it meet up with YouWiN! requirements?

Please explain further how you mean about the "Outdoor" and "Indoor" even center. Thanks
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by kendraloops(f): 11:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
xdream:

Who says businesses (some) can't break even under 12 months? Let me whisper to you a personal expo (for only you, don't tell anyone o) the businesses that clinched victory in YouWiN! are businesses that didn't exceed 12months to break even. That's the expo, its for you alone o. Smiles grin

Now back to your question *clearsThroat*

Most of the people I met in YouWiN! 3 that won in school business are existing school, they applied for expansion. If you seek to apply for daycare alone, its not bad but have you considered the staff strength? Will it meet up with YouWiN! requirements?

Please explain further how you mean about the "Outdoor" and "Indoor" even center. Thanks

ok, thanks for the expo!!
About the daycare, what if the staff strenght is like 8 to include child minders, cleaners, a cashier/accounts officers n the likes?? wouldn't that do?

When i say outdoor events centre, i mean a large expanse of land available for occassions i.e there wouldn't be any building on it available for rentage. all you'd need for your occassion might just be a tent or two, depending on the crowd/guests.

and by indoor, i mean one that would have a building erected on the land so users can choose to av an event either inside or outside.

I'm not even interested in tbe centre again jor(lol). Na the daycare i want. I av a very strong competitive adv.Oya advice me sir!!
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by kendraloops(f): 12:36am On Jan 25, 2015
What will happen if i exceed the words cap per question?
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by chukwuka12: 6:25am On Jan 25, 2015
kendraloops:
What will happen if i exceed the words cap per question?

Either
1. You will not be able to submit until you correct it.
2. You will be disqualified for not obeying the instructions given.
But i its 1.
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by xdream(m): 7:47am On Jan 25, 2015
kendraloops:

ok, thanks for the expo!!
About the daycare, what if the staff strenght is like 8 to include child minders, cleaners, a cashier/accounts officers n the likes?? wouldn't that do?

When i say outdoor events centre, i mean a large expanse of land available for occassions i.e there wouldn't be any building on it available for rentage. all you'd need for your occassion might just be a tent or two, depending on the crowd/guests.

and by indoor, i mean one that would have a building erected on the land so users can choose to av an event either inside or outside.

I'm not even interested in tbe centre again jor(lol). Na the daycare i want. I av a very strong competitive adv.Oya advice me sir!!

8 is too small jor. The minimum staff strength I do tell people to present to YouWiN! is 10

As for exceeding the words cap, Chukwuka12 had already hinted you the risks behind it

If you're expected to write 50 words, its better you write 30 words than to write 60 words

Good morning and happy sunday, I dey come back make I go find hot rice chow first
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by bolajiboi(m): 7:49am On Jan 25, 2015
Pls my guru in d forum for someone that want to go into hire purchase business how will I calculate the Machinery,
Operating expenses and Pre start up.
Thx
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by ciscaos(f): 9:10am On Jan 25, 2015
cionon:

Machinery 3,960,000
Pre start up 990,000.

your cousin can apply if she has her Waec and the salon certificate with her. dont be mislead ok wat she has is very ok
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by 40dogzz(m): 3:36pm On Jan 25, 2015
Some people ar very ignorant. They said am a scamer coz i brought an info on niaraland. First of all did i tell any1 to send money to my acct? Did'nt i say if u live in abuja lets meet? I also said if we meet i can give u my international passport with stamped visa on it. For ur info they ar thing that ar happing many don't know about. If any1 is in abuja u can call me i will take u to the office, u will verify without paying money. Nobody has ever said am a scamer & no body will ever, check my profile. what about
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by kendraloops(f): 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2015
xdream, you never chow the rice finish? e go plenty be that o
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by xdream(m): 11:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
kendraloops:
xdream, you never chow the rice finish? e go plenty be that o

Since morning na

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Youwin 4th Edition Is Here by kendraloops(f): 11:30pm On Jan 25, 2015
xdream:

Since morning na

grin grin grin grin grin

i been dey wonder na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Bundles Of Money On The Road In Owerri As They Fall Out Of A Bullion Van / Despite The Economic Woes You Still Have No Time To Start A Home Based Business? / Meet Anambra Billionaire Construction Czar,ken Ifekudu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.