Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,775 members, 7,802,381 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

Whatever You Do Today - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Whatever You Do Today (3844 Views)

Online Writing Jobs You Should Do Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 15, 2014
Hi everyone, this is my first work here, please criticise, encourage and comment on this piece. Enough respect to d9ty7, divepen and all the wonderful writers here... I hope at the end of this story, we all will realise that whatever you do today either good or bad goes a long way in what you will become in the nearest future.

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 15, 2014
oya let's go there

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 15, 2014
"E ra ẹfo e se be! (buy vegetable)" a yoruba woman screamed at the top of her voice as the noise of other traders filled the air.

Bola looked around and gave a sign of relief as she set her eyes on the vegetable seller, she has walked the entire market looking for a seller of vegetable and was relieved to set eyes on one.

"E lo ni eleyi (how much is this one)" she raised one of the vegetables, "100naira ni iyen awon eleyi ni 50naira (those ones are 100naira while this ones are 50naira)" the woman explained.

"Shey eleyi o gba 50naira ni? (can you sell this one for 50naira?)" Bola asked, the woman pretended as if she didnt hear Bola as she called on other possible buyers "e ra ẹfo e se be (buy vegetable)"

Bola touched the woman to get her attention as she felt the noise in the market might have prevented her from hearing her, "jo ma fi ọwọ okuta kan mi o (please do not touch me with your ill-fated hand)" Bola was stunned, "se ẹ fe tàà fun mi ni? (you dont want to sell it?)" she asked, "ti ko ba n se pe ori re buru, bawoni wa se ma na ẹfo 100naira ni 50naira (if not that you are an unfortunate person, how will you price a vegetable worth 100naira as low as 50naira)" the woman said as she looked at Bola in a way that only remind you of Efunsetan Aniwura deadly look.

"Ahn ahn iya, ki la gbe ki leju (madam, whats my offence) ti e ba ni oja ta e gba ile yin lo (if you are not here to sell market then go home)" Bola said as she walked off the woman well arranged vegetable, the woman raised her voice "iya re ni ile ni o n bawi (you are talking to your mother at home)" hearing what the market woman said,

Bola turned like a snake whose prey just gave a sharp turn, "laye-laye yin iya, e ma bu iya mi, ko jomi loju fun yin, eni ti o ni iru eni ko le mo iyi eni (don't ever talk about my mother in your life, i am not surprise, he who do not possess a thing does not know the value of such thing)" she said as she walked off, the woman continue to reply her until her voice was overpowered by the noise in the market place.

Bola left the market in anger that she forgot to buy the needed vegetable...(to be continued)
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 15, 2014
Just when i was feeling lonely, someone walked into the building! Divepen! I screamed and jump with great joy as i welcome the big boss. High table sir, cool yourself with this cold water...lemme get you a glass cup.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 15, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
Just when i was feeling lonely, someone walked into the building! Divepen! I screamed and jump with great joy as i welcome the big boss. High table sir, cool yourself with this cold water...lemme get you a glass cup.
Lol
Bola too dey abuse
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 15, 2014
please quote word spoken by people...
e.g
'Semi lo in bawi'
'Iro o, a won eyan yin nile ni ' , she replied.

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 15, 2014
Hmmm! Following
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 10:27am On Nov 15, 2014
Divepen:
please quote word spoken by people...
e.g
'Semi lo in bawi'
'Iro o, a won eyan yin nile ni ' , she replied.
noted sir
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2014
Jollyjoy:
Hmmm! Following
@jollyjoy, welcome ma, pls have ur seat...here is your pop corn and soft drink...
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2014
since nobody invite me make I kukuma carry my big head waka pass

jollyjoy should I join u on ur mat
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

@kingphilip, a whole King on a mat? Lailai, come have your seat here sir (pointing to the high table) signal to the ushers, pls bring in two young girls for my King.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
@King Philip, a whole King on a mat? Lailai, come have your seat here sir (pointing to the high table) signal to the ushers, pls bring in two young girls for my King.
the mat is Ok by me as long as it's jollyjoy I'm sitting with n I'm sorry I don't need d ladies
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
*continuation*
Under the popular igi àanu (the tree of mercy), a popular tree inside the main Campus of Osun State Polytechnic, Iree.

The Computer Science student sits to cool off the heat of lectures of the day, this is because the tree is located beside the Computer Science Department and it also stand directly opposite the main lecture room of the department.

Some of the students do call the tree "the second Com-Science department" cos of the amount of Computer Science Student you find under the tree especially in the afternoon.

The most popular name of this spot still remain igi àanu which simply means the tree of mercy.

It was a hot afternoon on the campus, and as usual, the Computer Science students dominated the chairs made available by the executives of the department as they await a lecturer who promised to be available for lectures at exactly 3PM.

Tade watched as Gbenga, Tunde, Emeka, Ebimobowei and Aminu entertain some of their course-mates with their rap skills, this five boys are fun to be with, whenever a lecturer fail to show up on time, they do turn the lecture hall to a rap battle field.

As Aminu dazzle in hausa, Tade phone vibrated, he is fond of keeping his phone in vibration whenever he is on campus, he brought out his phone, looked to the screen and give a smile.

"mààmi (my mother)" he said with a broad smile on his face "e kàà san ma (good afternoon ma)", he waited to get a response from the other caller before giving a big smile "e seun ma (thank you ma)" you can tell from his smile that he was happy.

Just as he drop the call, Deji who has been watching him said, "Tade, pádi mi, alert don land abi, dis one wey u dey laugh yanfu-yanfu"

Tade gave a smile and replied his friend "o boy, my mum just wan send me some cash, my sister dey bank like this sef" just as he finished speaking, his phone vibrated.

"e don drop o!" smile covered his round face "o boy na how much na?" an impatient Deji asked as he collect(s) the phone from his friend.

"ye! 2-5, owo to n deru ba oshi (2500naira an amount that scare away poverty) o boy na u o" Deji said as he handed the phone back to Tade.

The governor of the class announced that Mr Zakariyau is around, all the HND 1 student stood up and rushed towards the lecture hall...(to be continued)

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

the mat is Ok by me as long as it's jollyjoy I'm sitting with n I'm sorry I don't need d ladies
ok o, no wahala, enjoy d mat then. Jollyjoy pls make urself comfortable in the front seat (raised her from the mat)
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
ok o, no wahala, enjoy d mat then. Jollyjoy pls make urself comfortable in the front seat (raised her from the mat)
come continue ur story jor
BTW great piece u have here just don't relent
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 2:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
"Bola! Bola!" Nneka called as she entered Dynamic Hostel, an hostel with 14rooms located just after the famous Baptist High School in Iree, Osun State.

Nneka is in her final year (HND 2), she and Bola are coursemates (Mass Communication), they are good friends and also a member of the Baptist Student Fellowship.

"Nne, how far na?" Bola responded with her mouth filled with an handful of eba, "babe na enjoyment you dey o" she washed her hand to join Bola, "abi o, i no fit kill myself na" Bola said as she stood up to get another fish for her friend from the pot. "but why Okro na?" Nneka asked as she swallow an handful of a well moulded eba with the Okro dropping in an elastical fashion. "i know you are not a fan of okro".

Bola was quick to respond, "i never had the intention of preparing Okro, if not for what happened" Bola said as she dropped the fish and sit to continue from where she stopped.

"what happened na? Shey Corper Abayomi insist on Okro soup ni?" Nneka who has now stop midway with a moulded eba in her hand asked, "Corper ke? No o, Abayomi has no choice, he eat(s) anything i give to him whenever he visit me" Bola explained as she swallowed another handful of eba before she continued with her explanation.

"it was that Mama Elẹfo beside the meat sellers jare" Nneka took a sip from a cup which was half-filled with water, "Mama Elẹfo oja, that troublesome woman" Bola looked up, "you can say that again o, she showed me wien in the market today and me sef let her know say i be confirm Lagos girl" she took the cup and drink from it,.

"i trust you jare, wetin happen gangan between una?" Nneka asked, "shebi na jeje i waka go her side say i wan buy ẹfo o, and i start to price, na so she start dis abuse o, no be small tin, but i show her say me sef get mouth" she hissed as she swallowed the eba she had in her hands, "that woman sef, na so she fight one Biz-Admin girl one day like that", Bola raised up her head in surprise, "na wa o" just before Nneka proceed, someone knocked at the door "yes?" Bola and Nneka responded almost at the same time.

Abayomi opened the door and gave a smile, "no wonder, i just dey kick stone up and down" they all laughed, Nneka stood up, washed her hand then picked Bola's Journalism handout, "am i chasing you?" Abayomi asked, "not at all, i actually came for this" she waved the handout as she walked to the door.

Bola washed her hand, cleared the plates to a corner of the room, she then picked the basin in which she and her friend has washed their hand to dispose the water, "am coming Yomi" she said as she walked Nneka out.

Nneka opened the gate, she said to Bola "Doctor's wife, i beg come dey go back" Bola emptied the basin and give a smile, "na u sabi, later na" she closed the gate...(to be continue)
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
kingphilip did u heard dat? Mayb she has forgoten wat God has join together, let no man put chairs inbetween,so u beta nt raise me up 4rm the mat btw u ar doing a great work here!keep it coming.

1 Like

Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

that my man!! Cum nd gv me a hug nd squat besid me
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

wow! I have been waitin all days 4 u. Glad u ar finally here.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
Sori i prefer beans cake nd garri
pelumiakinboye:
@jollyjoy, welcome ma, pls have ur seat...here is your pop corn and soft drink...
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 2:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jollyjoy:
King Philip did u heard dat? Mayb she has forgoten wat God has join together, let no man put chairs inbetween,so u beta nt raise me up 4rm the mat btw u ar doing a great work here!keep it coming.
he was only joking don't mind him

pelumiakinboye please correct where u substituted Nneka for Nnenna and please try as much as possible to paragraph ur work
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 2:30pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jollyjoy:
that my man!! Cum nd gv me a hug nd squat besid me
#gives ha a hug n sits beside ha#

pelumiakinboye come continue
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 2:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jollyjoy:
wow! I have been waitin all days 4 u. Glad u ar finally here.
sorry for coming late dear I'm here nw
Re: Whatever You Do Today by kingphilip(m): 2:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jollyjoy:
pelumiakinboye serve me same
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

pelumiakinboye serve me same
now u ar talking!
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

sorry for coming late dear I'm here nw
uhumm! So d u care to squat or stand?
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

#gives ha a hug n sits beside ha#

pelumiakinboye come continue
oya come continue, i am reali enjoyin d tori
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jollyjoy:
Mayb SHE has forgoten wat God has join together,
I am not a SHE o, i be HE o, My own Pelumi na HE o
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jollyjoy:
na wa o! Alright then.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
kingphilip:

he was only joking don't mind him

pelumiakinboye please correct where u substituted Nneka for Nnenna and please try as much as possible to paragraph ur work
thank u ma, paragraph is a result of d kinda phone am using.
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
pelumiakinboye:
na wa o! Alright then.
oya let go. Anyways tanx 4 d update kip it up ok
Re: Whatever You Do Today by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ooouch! Sori slip of tongue.
pelumiakinboye:
I am not a SHE o, i be HE o, My own Pelumi na HE o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Best Genre In Literature: Prose, Drama, Poetry, Short-story, Etc? / . / Story: Night Time At Noon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.