Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time (46600 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. / Aero Contractor Flying For 5000 To Phc,abj,benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 10:25am On Nov 15, 2014
I'm Travelling By Air For The First Time Tomorrow, Pls Advice Me

InitialIy I didn't want to write about it, but then I went back to the thread I created yesterday and saw the huge number of people interested, I thought it was only fair I give you guys a feedback. You see, i clocked 30 this week, and travelling yesterday by air thought me a lot. It thought me to be adventurous and try things in life just for the knowledge even if you are not really freak abt it. I've had opportunities to travel by flight several times but I've enjoyed the road so much that I always declined. I'm not even freak about the plane just like I'm not abt travelling abroad, gagets, and things that freak people in general. Although I'm freak about women and making money! I don't even look like someone that makes money at all. If you saw me yesterday while heading to board, you'd think I just came from the village! And I've been in Lagos since 1992. So I got a lady at the airport to handle the ticketing for me since I have missed my initial flight and she came back with my boarding pass in no time. And I needed to be in Abuja as soon as possible.

So while I was on my way to board, I didn't know what to do. Instead of me to just pass thru to where the airline bus will convey us to the aircraft area, I went to join a long queue of people waiting to get their luggage checked. While going to get my boarding pass stamped, there was a lady I saw which I really liked and I wanted to approach. Her eyes caught mine as weLl, and she smiled. But she noticed shortly that I was a JJC with the way I was fumbling with the processes. She saw that I was confused when one of the airline staff announced that those who were boarding should go a certain way and I didn't know what that was about. The lady I thought I was going to 'toast' then said "you should go there", asking me to leave the queue. I was ashamed of myself honestly.

When we got on the plane, I went to sit on another person's seat not knowing the seats where numbered! It was this same lady who came from no where before the hostess and said, "what's your seat number". Then I guessed the number shud be on the boarding pass slip with me, so I was taking time to check and I cudnt easily locate it, the lady then showed me again! Don't know why this drop dead gorgeous babe was just looking out for me, but my lapses killed my confidence to strike a serious conversation with her and she was sitting right in my front.

Another experience I had was the seat belt. Not that I expect buckling a seat belt should be an issue, but over the years I've heard people talk a lot abt a plane's seat belt. So I was scared it must be really that hard. So the first thing I did when I sat was to try practice the buckling the seat belt to avoid another embarrasment. I found out I did it well, but I was stil scared I might be wrong. So I went on google to search 'how to fasten a plane seat beat' I was hoping to find a step by step pictorial explanation, but what I saw were what could happen if you did not fasten it well. Before I cud search further the pilot had announced that we switched off our fones, and fasten our seat belt, so I did. The hosteses where beautiful and nice, and I cud have ask them questions but I was seating by the window so as to take pics that will indicate I was indeed in a plane. If I ask the hostess a question from that angle, people will notice. So there was this Deeper Life woman beside me. She seems nice. So I asked her in Yoruba, if I fasten it welll, she nodded smiling and said 'yes, very well. Good'. I noticed she looked at me again some moments later before focusing on the Deeper Life book she was reading.

As the big man made bird soar in the air, it felt like heaven as I saw clouds like smoke. Before we reach a high altitude, big planes and building around the airports began to look like toys and when we finally reached high, the earth looked like maps and the arrangement of the earth and the towns became well defined and organised. Everything looked tiny. At a point, it looked like the plan was shaking but I wasn't scared. The most amazing thing I noticed is that, while in the sky, it looked like the plane wasn't speeding at all. I felt it was moving at the pace of a broken down vehicle that is being pushed. That's so STRANGE to me! One thing I cannever forget again, was the smile on one of the hostess' face. Gosssh, she soon made me forget the girl I earlier told you guys about. There was something magnetic about her smile that if I was to have commited a crime and such a girl finds me, she can easily lure me out to the police with that smile. Her smile made me weak! I just have to confess! Did I tell you guys I didn't go with any of the airlines I earlier mentioned? I went with First Nation Airline. That was my first of hearing about them. Their plane looks new and everything looked profession, even the way the pilot spoke and all. I've heard so many bad things about Nigerian airlines. The video of Banky W and others getting trapped in one Nigerian airline recently, made me even scared. So from there on everything looked normal for me!

I like this qoute by Abraham Lincoln "I may be slow walker, but I've never moved backward". I can say that of myself as well. One thing about my life is that every new step I take, I get better with it almost immediately. When I was making a certain amount of money, I wanted to change, just recently, my digit changed and it has been consistent. Even in the areas of my academic pursuit from Primary school to my university days. When I catch up on things, I do it with such a great speed and regularity. That's why I don't like to drink and smoke cos once I start, I don't know what will happen. What I'm saying now is that from today onward, I'll travel by air more often than even many many people who have been doing it way before me. I'm going to travel out soon...I'm going to learn to swim, I'm going to try so many new good things. I've learnt my lessons.

Thank you!

432 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Lumyboi(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2014
Lol. Funny one but e remain to travel by water embarassed

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 15, 2014
First experience is always inspiring, makes one rethink religion and respect science/technology. This is your first flight and local. Your first international flight will be rewarding as the plane will be flying in higher altitudes and also changing altitudes on the course of the flight too.

First experiences, as always, cant be traded for the Benjamins, its always awesome. Fly often and it will redefine how you live your life as if you are living your last day.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 11:05am On Nov 15, 2014
Billyonaire:
First experience is always inspiring, makes one rethink religion and respect science/technology. This is your first flight and local. Your first international flight will be rewarding as the plane will be flying in higher altitudes and also changing altitudes on the course of the flight too.

First experiences, as always, cant be traded for the Benjamins, its always awesome. Fly often and it will redefine how you live your life as if you are living your last.
u are right, I actually began respecting science/technology more

5 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2014
Lumyboi:
Ha! Na true oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Charbless(m): 2:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
I have two questions for U
1. Is the interior as spacious as dat of BRT
2. Is the seat belt made of Iron or metal?
Next week will be my 1st tym

36 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by 24in7: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2014
OP u don disvirgin b dat abi.......... grin grin

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Pavore9: 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
@contactmorak, finally you have put that behind you, na to go international remain. u can start with other African countries for vacation just book ahead of time in order to get cheaper ticket. lt is good to experience how other people are living.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2014
Charbless:
I have two questions for U
1. Is the interior as spacious as dat of BRT
2. Is the seat belt made of Iron or metal?
Next week will be my 1st tym
the seat belt is made of thick fabric, like Nysce corp members belt. The buckle is made of iron The interior is long oo and there r compartments for keeping ur luggage at the top. The leg room is not that spacious sha. I believe this description shud vary depending on airline

25 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
Pavore9:
@contactmorak, finally you have put that behind you, na to go international remain. u can start with other African countries for vacation just book ahead of time in order to get cheaper ticket. lt is good to experience how other people are living.
Can't wait bro

2 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
24in7:
OP u don disvirgin b dat abi.......... grin grin
yes o... The international travel shud mean matrimonial intercourse.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by 100Cents: 3:28pm On Nov 15, 2014
Congratulations o.

Somebody from your village has finally entered aeroplane..

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 3:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
100Cents:
Congratulations o.

it's not like that, it's just that the world makes so much force out of air travel. Otherwise, I wouldn't even care coming to ask for advise from Nlers who have done that before. I just wanted to minise my embarrasment in the presence of most fellow fliers who might find it strange that a man has never boarded a plane before.

16 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Isiterere(m): 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
contactmorak:
it's not like that, it's just that the world makes so much force out of air travel. Otherwise, I wouldn't even care coming to ask for advise from Nlers who have done that before. I just wanted to minise my embarrasment in the presence of most fellow fliers who might find it strange that a man has never boarded a plane before.
...you should have collected that gal's number; that would have crowned your first time memorable experience. She would have definitely appreciate it.

ALL IZZ WELL

4 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Ghost01(m): 6:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by 24in7: 6:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
contactmorak:
yes o... The international travel shud mean matrimonial intercourse.
LOL
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by RotrEmmanuel: 10:01pm On Nov 15, 2014
nice report! congratulations.
Call me anytime u wish to learn swimming, but always be careful whenever water is involved

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Akposy(m): 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
Lolz. I wonder how my first experience would be.
Hope you would send me a ticket ref number @OP?
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by coldsummer: 9:04am On Nov 16, 2014
Shey u wan kill the guy ni?

Lumyboi:

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 16, 2014
contactmorak:
u are right, I actually began respecting science/technology more
If this is what flying for the first time taught you, then your mind must be misleading you... who created those materials used by scientists and technologists? Who gave them the brain for such initiatives? ? undecided

PS: No atheist should quote me please, gat no time to argue..

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by tolutweety(m): 11:32am On Nov 16, 2014
contactmorak:

Cngrats bro. Glad you eventually boarded cheesy

Happy weekend.
On to the next thing... Travel on water .. wink smiley
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by davide470(m): 12:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
MarvellousGod:
If this is what flying for the first time taught you, then your mind must be misleading you... who created those materials used by scientists and technologists? Who gave them the brain for such initiatives? ? undecided

PS: No atheist should quote me please, gat no time to argue..
Then don't start what you know will lead to an argument or something else. You are kinda starting a derailing here. Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Obiwannn: 12:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
100Cents:
Congratulations o.

Hahahahahahahaahahahah

2 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by luvluvluv: 3:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
Jus remind me of my xperience some time in may this yr. Mehnnn.... twas like I had my heart I'm my palm. And a tot kept crawling tru my mind as I saw myself insyd d plane in dat thick cloud. "there's only a thin line btw life and death"...twas fun though!

4 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
luvluvluv:
Jus remind me of my xperience some time in may this yr. Mehnnn.... twas like I had my heart I'm my palm. And a tot kept crawling tru my mind as I saw myself insyd d plane in dat thick cloud. "there's only a thin line btw life and death"...twas fun though!
yea! But I wasn't really scared much though, just praying nothing happened to the plane.
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
tolutweety:

Cngrats bro. Glad you eventually boarded cheesy

Happy weekend.
On to the next thing... Travel on water .. wink smiley
thanks!
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2014
Akposy:
Lolz. I wonder how my first experience would be.
Hope you would send me a ticket ref number @OP?
Akpos, Na me born u?

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
nice report! congratulations.
Call me anytime u wish to learn swimming, but always be careful whenever water is involved
Ok
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
Isiterere:

...you should have collected that gal's number; that would have crowned your first time memorable experience. She would have definitely appreciate it.

ALL IZZ WELL
I'm regretting it now somehow, cos I keep seeing her face occasionally.

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Isiterere(m): 4:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
contactmorak:
I'm regretting it now somehow, cos I keep seeing her face occasionally.
she will be feeling the same way cos you failed to man-up when you ought to be. Start taken that bold step in the banking hall or ATM point cos there will always be next time ...

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ah. First time in a plane. I was very little then but I remember being all excited then smiley.

Wait until you fly international. Woe betide you if you are transiting through Dubai. I remember meeting some Nigerians who like you were travelling for the first time and had no idea what to do in succh a big Airport....unlike Murtala

4 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 6:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Isiterere:

she will be feeling the same way cos you failed to man-up when you ought to be. Start taken that bold step in the banking hall or ATM point cos there will always be next time ...

ALL IZZ WELL
I quite understand ur point, but we all fail to man-up sometimes

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? / Lastma Officer At Ikeja Axis Dancing While Executing His Duty Excellently / Aba Road Umuahia.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.