Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,491 members, 7,781,474 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:02 PM

Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time (46466 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. / Aero Contractor Flying For 5000 To Phc,abj,benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
iamchiddy:
'When we got on the plane, I went to sit on another person's seat not knowing the seats where numbered! It was this same lady who came from no where before the hostess and said, "what's your seat number".''

Which Airline was that? Before you even step into the aircraft an air hostess would collect your cut out boarding pass, look at it and direct you accordingly.

I think you lied or you didn't remember exactly what happened. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I swear I wasn't directed! Believe it or not. A guy met us at the entrance of the plane, checked our cut-out boarding pass then pressed a tiny device in his hand which looked like a timer. I gues that was where I missed the seat numbering. Perhaps he mentioned the seat number, but cos I was a novice, I didn't understand what he meant
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by salt1: 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
SDIEGO:
Nice one man. Mehn im really thinking of going by flight for the first time when travelling back to lagos from akwa ibom. Does anyone know the price for to or both to and fro? Thanks

Both Aero and Arik fly Uyo-Lagos. The rates vary. With Aero, if you book early you can get fares as low as N14,000 one way

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
EmpressaDelRei:
@contactmorak so you are even a male? I thought you were a female embarking on a journey to abuja to see her new-found boyfriend. cheesy. Well, I'm glad you had a nice journey to and fro.
Don't limit your flying to domestic flights alone. Try flying international too, because the procedures are different, also the kind of aircraft and the people you meet. I ve made great friends from various countries onboard international flights and I find flying a form of education.
Life is too short to be born, bred and aged in ibadan, see other states and if u can, see the world. It broadens your horizon.
Cheers
lol, thanks!
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 7:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
ireneony:
congrate. but my question is hope u did experience any extortion from those greedy immigration officers at international airport. I remember when I had a transit in Istanbul ........it was a wonderful experience
not at all
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
Emma8043:
fly frm Nigeriato china via ethiopia and you go know whats up my brother no be beans i was on air for like 26hrs all together
that sounds scary man!
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
grin
Wisegeek01:
grin You go dey look woman abi
no wonder you forget everything wey we tell you . .. Hehehe

Congratulations !! tho*
grin
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by darlenese(f): 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
contactmorak:
if u r that babe! I'll stop at nothing to atleast be close to u for this second chance!

Oh now u're gonna make me cryyyyyy

C
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by heykims(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Op, u remind me of d first time i used d ATM. It was in campus wt a snaky queue impatiently waiting for their turn behind.
I had to be bold, cautious, nd remained well composed. I did it mehn!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
Emilord:
it has been long d last time I saw this kind of well thought and erudite post and not some kind of 'hw do I get him back'post.gud post@op
thanks! Just keeping it simple
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2014
Olusharp:
@op congratulobia. When it get to my time, i will lead the opening prayer, shouting in the plane "oya o,everybody let us close our eyes....." i know some people like op will just be SMH and Yimu on me.
lol
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Segunagagu(m): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
chester47:
story for the gods.Because you traveled by air for the first time in this 21-century is why you re making a post you're a bush man.Even your english is very bad you spell traveling as travelling who does that..No insults on you am just saying my mind. you're older than me so i am not insulting you okay.
walahi u are d most stupid and dumbest person have seen In this world. .very stupid. ..
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Chinoble(f): 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
O God, wen do i geto travel by air(plane) biko?
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Thomaths(m): 8:44pm On Nov 18, 2014
my first flight experience was actually on 16th Aug, this year. I was on scholarship for my MSC., so the whole package was free including the flight. that was my birthday also. thanks the Lord and AIMS for the privileged.

4 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2014
Thomaths:
my first flight experience was actually on 16th Aug, this year. I was on scholarship for my MSC., so the whole package was free including the flight. that was my birthday also. thanks the Lord and AIMS for the privileged.
nice smiley
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
Its gud 2 marry @ 30. U just turned 30 u said?
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Leon2036(m): 9:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
justi4jesu:

You go enter "plain" na wetin make your head go up, if to say you enter "plane" your head for come down. tongue tongue

mama u no go use laugh kill me oh.... see as laugh so tey my family dey ask me watin dey happen
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by unmask: 9:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
contactmorak:

Thank you!
don't you watch Yoruba films? Why travel by plane when you can use "ofe"
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by lekzzydo(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
Olusharp:
@op congratulobia. When it get to my time, i will lead the opening prayer, shouting in the plane "oya o,everybody let us close our eyes....." i know some people like op will just be SMH and Yimu on me.
please any idea on what dz bros is saying
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by BruzMoney(m): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
iamchiddy:
'When we got on the plane, I went to sit on another person's seat not knowing the seats where numbered! It was this same lady who came from no where before the hostess and said, "what's your seat number".''

Which Airline was that? Before you even step into the aircraft an air hostess would collect your cut out boarding pass, look at it and direct you accordingly.

I think you lied or you didn't remember exactly what happened. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

In Nigeria! U must add salt nd maggi to your story to make it sound nice! Don't let us blame the broda

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Olusharp(m): 9:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
lekzzydo:
please any idea on what dz bros is saying
google is your friend
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2014
So who's going to comfort those of us who've never been in a plane before. angry
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by scopelord: 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
Wat of d babe u talked abt
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
contactmorak:

Thank you!

Awesome-ness
Thank you for sharing
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by mkoabiola: 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
Thomaths:
Hw dd u get d scholarship bro
Can u share ur experience
Me sef need scholarship oooo.lol
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
contactmorak:
lol, thanks!
you re most welcome.
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by ibkgab001: 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
God bless you bro... enjoy and be safe on air ..... "life on Air and the sea are the best and most expensive at the same time". Enjoy all
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by ibkgab001: 11:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Your time to board a plane is near .. and God will protect you in Jesus name
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by grandstar(m): 12:16am On Nov 19, 2014
Charbless:
I have two questions for U
1. Is the interior as spacious as dat of BRT
2. Is the seat belt made of Iron or metal?
Next week will be my 1st tym

Do you school in France?
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by shadowwalker101: 1:05am On Nov 19, 2014
[img]http://www.qservers.net/process/?aff=068[/img]
broda welome to the group
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 2:05am On Nov 19, 2014
contactmorak:
that sounds scary man!
some people are on transit for longer periods than that. A flight to Kiribati or Fiji islands takes longer: if you re flying from Nigeria, it might take you two and half days. Abuja- Nairobi or Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Nairobi or Addis Ababa- Delhi (India) or Seoul (south Korea) or Tokyo (Japan). Delhi/Seoul/Tokyo- Sydney (Australia) or New Zealand. Then Australia/New Zealand- Fiji, Samoa, Kiribati, Nauru, Tonga, Tuvalu. That's why the flights are too expensive. If you are flying from Europe at peak periods, it's roughly €2,300. During off-peak periods, it reduced to €1,800- 1,670.
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Emma8043(m): 2:53am On Nov 19, 2014
contactmorak:
that sounds scary man!
MY BRO ITS FUN IF U HAVE A SWEET FIRST TIMER BESIDE U NA BY THEN U GO DEY FORM OGA BOSS
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by justi4jesu(f): 3:42am On Nov 19, 2014
Leon2036:
mama u no go use laugh kill me oh.... see as laugh so tey my family dey ask me watin dey happen

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Spent Over $1b Buying Foreign Citizenship In 2020 / Burial Photos Of Ahmadu Chanchangi, Chairman Chanchangi Airlines / Aba Road Umuahia.(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.