Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,906 members, 7,806,643 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time (46590 Views)

Nigeria Have Suffered (my Experience On A Visit To India). / My Experience With South African Immigration At Port Of Entry. / Aero Contractor Flying For 5000 To Phc,abj,benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Missmossy(f): 4:04am On Nov 19, 2014
interesting grin
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 19, 2014
Nice Experience. Next time, try and join one surfer/ferry/chopper to Offshore.. that's another big experience.

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by justi4jesu(f): 7:46am On Nov 19, 2014
vchancelor:
Nice Experience. Next time, try and join one surfer/ferry/chopper to Offshore.. that's another big experience.

Sounds like fun!!!! wink wink
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 19, 2014
Billyonaire:
First experience is always inspiring, makes one rethink religion and respect science/technology.

When you look into the cloud and see the sun glare you in the face and look down below and see the cloud hanging around and under you while in the air, it will make you rethink (acknowledge) religion and acknowledge that an Intelligent Designer has put all this in place. Technology gives us more insight into the existence of a Supernatural Being.

7 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 19, 2014
Nice experience ,im glad you know how it feels now.

STOP EXCESSIVE SWEATING WITHIN DAYS.contact me asap

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 19, 2014
[quote author=BruzMoney post=28136640]

In Nigeria! U must add salt nd maggi to your story to make it sound nice! Don't let us blame the broda[

it may not be a lie. it happens
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 19, 2014
iamchiddy:
'When we got on the plane, I went to sit on another person's seat not knowing the seats where numbered! It was this same lady who came from no where before the hostess and said, "what's your seat number".''

Which Airline was that? Before you even step into the aircraft an air hostess would collect your cut out boarding pass, look at it and direct you accordingly.

I think you lied or you didn't remember exactly what happened. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No he didnt lie . I remember during my own exp, d hostess was standing on the entrance and people going to find their seat themselves b4 a crew came. at that time i sat on somebody's else seat b4 i got to know that seats were numbered. thanks to other passengers
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 19, 2014
louisinemo:

When you look into the cloud and see the sun glare you in the face and look down below and see the cloud hanging around and under you while in the air, it will make you rethink (acknowledge) religion and acknowledge that an Intelligent Designer has put all this in place. Technology gives us more insight into the existence of a Supernatural Being.

I didnt need correction. You can cling unto generational ignorance of centuries. That need not concern me. We are parallel, logically and philosophically.
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 19, 2014
louisinemo:

No he didnt lie . I remember during my own exp, d hostess was standing on the entrance and people going to find their seat themselves b4 a crew came. at that time i sat on somebody's else seat b4 i got to know that seats were numbered. thanks to other passengers

The seat number is on the boarding pass. Even a novice knows that it is almost the same as traveling by bus. Sometimes, there is free-sitting situation which means you may sit on any seat regardless the seat number on your boarding pass except business class.
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Chuksgeo: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2014
Me too, next week will probably be my first time by air travel
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by valboy20(m): 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
lol...very funny experience.
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by kingolovich(m): 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2014
jennykadry:
Ah. First time in a plane. I was very little then but I remember being all excited then smiley.

Wait until you fly international. Woe betide you if you are transiting through Dubai. I remember meeting some Nigerians who like you were travelling for the first time and had no idea what to do in succh a big Airport....unlike Murtala
yeee. I remember at the airport in Dubai when we were to press a botton to enter an elevator, my grandma was like 'No press am o. u no know wetin go happen' If we ad elevators in this Murtala Mohammed Airport Ehn. chai. I also remember the kind of heat that too my fresh breath away when we got into our airport here.
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
kingolovich:
yeee. I remember at the airport in Dubai when we were to press a botton to enter an elevator, my grandma was like 'No press am o. u no know wetin go happen' If we ad elevators in this Murtala Mohammed Airport Ehn. chai. I also remember the kind of heat that too my fresh breath away when we got into our airport here.

Ah! That heat. I call it welcome to Lagos heat. Nigeria still has a long way to go. I don't know what the aviation minister is there for. these people travel round the world and have seen how many countries have made their airport environment very conducive for everyone. Why can't they do the same for Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by kingolovich(m): 5:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
jennykadry:

Ah! That heat. I call it welcome to Lagos heat. Nigeria still has a long way to go. I don't know what the aviation minister is there for. these people travel round the world and have seen how many countries have made their airport environment very conducive for everyone. Why can't they do the same for Nigeria ?
Because of my grandma we got someone to take us tru d stress of finding a gate. An airport in the US is just like a small civilized village. God help naija sha
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 19, 2014
kingolovich:
Because of my grandma we got someone to take us tru d stress of finding a gate. An airport in the US is just like a small civilized village. God help naija sha

Lol. @grand ma.

Nigeria still has a long way to go unfortunately cry
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by fabiyi78(m): 6:06am On Nov 20, 2014
[b][/b]@ ops did some1 needs international passport or what re the means of I dentification..... Congrat
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by zonax(m): 7:36am On Nov 20, 2014
contactmorak:
I'm sorry bro, I forgot. I appreciate u a lot!
U welcome
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Lumyboi(m): 7:47am On Nov 20, 2014
kingolovich:

Lol. Please don't compare airports in those countries with village in Nigeria. You can only compare airports in US with out top hotels in Nigeria
Only God can help this naija
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by contactmorak: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2014
fabiyi78:
[b][/b]@ ops did some1 needs international passport or what re the means of I dentification..... Congrat
just ur work or student ID card
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by AKJA(m): 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
My flight from Abuja to Uyo

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by AKJA(m): 12:38pm On Nov 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Jack188: 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience, it is very interesting indeed wink I'd like to share some of mine with you too. I've travelled a lot so far and made some useful conclusions. One of the, is that you always should book a taxi for airport/hotel transfer in advance. I tried to use kiwitaxi.com service when travelling in UAE. It is one of the best international transfer services I know really. Must-have for every traveller indeed. Hope, this will help you too wink
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by colored(m): 7:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
Chinoble:
O God, wen do i geto travel by air(plane) biko?

pretty soon bae. Have faith. I know you'd enjoy it. It's quite fun and adventurous

2 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 24, 2015
contactmorak:
I'm regretting it now somehow, cos I keep seeing her face occasionally.
Mehn I'm in Your shoes right now, currently @the airport first timer, in fact na google carry me come this thread! cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Obiwannn: 5:39pm On Jul 31, 2015
madridfc:

Mehn I'm in Your shoes right now, currently @the airport first timer, in fact na google carry me come this thread! cheesy

loooool

1 Like

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 01, 2015
AKJA:
this must be aero...old planes.
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Obiwannn: 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ermmm, travelling by air for the first time today, and its international... lukn forward to the xperience...

3 Likes

Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2017
salt1:

Both Aero and Arik fly Uyo-Lagos. The rates vary. With Aero, if you book early you can get fares as low as N14,000 one way
bro. Pls. Do you know cost from Abuja to Minna ?
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by salt1: 10:52am On Jul 27, 2017
durentchigozie:
bro. Pls. Do you know cost from Abuja to Minna ?

Could you please check online?
You can even purchase your ticket online
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by sticalmary: 6:30am On Oct 13, 2017
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by Juliearth(f): 3:49pm On Nov 27, 2020
contactmorak:

Thank you!

So many thoughts ran through my head as I read through your experience, but the one that stands out is that "you too like woman".

PS you write so well, keep it up!
Re: Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time by sonssylass: 4:34pm On Nov 27, 2020
I never enter flight before,no be say I can't afford it,but I'm beginning to shame as per not having first experience,last year I'm meant to do my Christmas in Ghana but my colleague that would have traveled with me declined traveling.
I'm still waiting to get a regular that both of us will fly together besides I have forbia for height too,I don't even know how to deal with that one, to pass dutse alhaji flyover my mind dey skip always, only God knows what will happen when I'm onboard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Citizenship Of A Baby Born On An Airplane? / Aba Road Umuahia.(pics) / Lastma Officer At Ikeja Axis Dancing While Executing His Duty Excellently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.