Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Military Moves To Attack Sambisa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Moves To Attack Sambisa (33869 Views)

Military Moves Command-Control Centre To Maiduguri / Buhari Moves To Slash Own Salary, Allowance. / Boko Haram Planned To Attack Whole Country – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by viczing(m): 10:41am On Nov 15, 2014
While the battles raged in Chibok and Gwoza, a large number of soldiers were seen in Maiduguri yesterday moving towards the dreaded Sambisa forest, the fortress of the terrorist Boko Haram sect in Borno State, thus signaling the commencement of an operation, which military sources said was aimed at recovering the forest from the insurgents.

The push for Sambisa forest started early in the morning with hundreds of soldiers seen on Damboa Road, Maiduguri, in several military trucks driving military equipment towards the forest which has been a no go area for sometime now.

Though no military personnel was ready to give information on the deployment which held traffic up for hours within the Maiduguri metropolis, but the looks of the soldiers showed that they were battle ready.

THISDAY checks revealed that following the Mubi debacle, the military had vowed to adopt more aggressive but tactical and effective approach to strike back at the heart of the terrorists.

A top intelligence source disclosed that Mubi attack was a total shock to the military, especially as they lost many soldiers including some respected officers with others fatally wounded in the incident.

"The first priority was to liberate Mubi because of its strategic nature and its symbolic importance as the town of the Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh. Consequently, our next target is Sambisa forest to strike back at those boys. You know we lost some officers and others were injured including a Lieutenant-Colonel. So, we have mobilised our air and ground forces for an attack. Air crafts have been mobilised and we are ready to dislodge them from their enclave", the source said.

THISDAY had reported early this week that the military would embark on a ferocious drive to recapture the lost territories and since then Mubi had been recaptured.

Findings revealed that the military authorities would be more decisive and unsparing in their approach at dealing with the Boko Haram menace and restore the country's territorial integrity.

The source lamented that the constant intervention from the political class and as well as barrage of criticisms from Amnesty International and other human rights groups affected military operations, citing how the former Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt-Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika was maligned for his aggressive approach, which was effective.

"The moment you are suspected and later confirmed of being a terrorist or their sponsors, you are gone. The moment you are aiding and abetting terrorism or found with weapons, you are gone within 12-24 hours because the military are being provoked.

"We no longer care about what the Amnesty international or politicians say. You cannot harbour criminals/terrorists that harm the country and expect the military to spare you", the source said early this week.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/military-moves-to-attack-sambisa/194116/

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by adunjong(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2014
I tire for naija soldiers sef
dem no go sambisa when BH boys deh there.
Dem don wait until when those boiz dem don commot sambisa,enter all the cities for NE before them they form say they wan go there.
na empty forest they wan go claim,abi?

68 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by jmaine: 10:57am On Nov 15, 2014
The moment you are aiding and abetting terrorism or found with weapons, you are gone within 12-24 hours because the military are being provoked.
"We no longer care about what the Amnesty international or politicians say. You cannot harbour criminals/terrorists that harm the country and expect the military to spare you", the source said early this week.

I love this part.

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by macpetrus(m): 11:00am On Nov 15, 2014
Ride On.... I dey ur back....

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by olamibobo(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2014
Better

3 Likes

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2014
...story for the gods
angry angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by KwoiZabo(m): 11:07am On Nov 15, 2014
For me this statement is not daring enough. Smoke them out within 1 - 2 minutes. Human Right what? Every country has its own style of managing its citizens. So maximum force is what we need now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Pistolx(m): 11:11am On Nov 15, 2014
If I hear no be naija soldiers again?? The name sambisa forest some soldiers don dey poo 4 dia pants

1 Like

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by davdandam(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2014
But wait o, all those rambo films wey we watch,where one man go finish one whole army, are we tryna say men on nairaland are cowards ni hmmmmm none of una fit storm sambisa ni? I'm disappointed chai

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by wedemboiz(m): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2014
ok

POPULAR NIGERIAN MUSICIAN AND COMEDIAN DIES READ HERE THIS IS SO SAD http:///mQHf0
Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by richardjemedafe1(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2014
Nawa ohh...just passing.......

If ah talk my mind somcows go insult me today.......

Is better ah reserve my comment and watch

1 Like

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by fitzmayowa: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2014
Samchelsea:
Why must this guys make every of their plans public....when boko haram wants to attack do they announce it?.....fed up of this old military tactics

I wonder if the army has any intelligence arm...why publish your move to the world They have already given BH an heads up...

A lot of gallant soldiers are going to lose their lives unnecessarily because of this intelligence slip up...

Goodluck to the soldiers...#killthemall#Nomercyforterrorist

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Innodon(m): 11:25am On Nov 15, 2014
better
Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 15, 2014
They'd better get aggressive+i don't want to know about military moves,they should move already ......they should take no prisoners,send all to Hades
Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Samchelsea(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2014
Why must these guys make every of their plans public....when boko haram wants to attack do they announce it?.....fed up with this old military tactics

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by darlenese(f): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2014
Are they going there to hunt for birds or bush meat undecided dnt understand what Y they are going to sambisa/F after so many months
Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Dottune(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2014
The Problem with our Country is, we always make things known before we do them. When USA killed Osama , the President announced that they are killed him After and they didn't say we know where Osama Is and we are planning to go and kill him tomorrow

18 Likes

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Vivipop(f): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2014
I wish them all the luck in the world. They will need it.
Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by manutdadex(m): 11:28am On Nov 15, 2014
goodluck and God's strenth is urs! Make dem sa use sense make dem no leave yansh open o!
Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by mcdokwe(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2014
Long overdue, but I do hope the morale of the soldiers are high, equipment stocked and the political will stable.

NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER!
There is no need starting unprepared or getting our armed forces tagged the best embarrassed in a rogue battle.

But I am not comfortable with this the "moment you are suspected" statement o! It creates room for your enemy to easily malign you and get you summarily executed without proof.

Go NAF My family is behind you
Laptops Andstuffs is behind you
Good Nigerians are behind you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Whizzdom(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2014
Na everyday Military is moving to Sambasi forest ... But dem no go catch Boko Haram ..

Are dey moving to start in Sambisi forest ... why are dey moving instead of attacking Boko Haram

Naija Soldiers sha grin

Dem get mouth since 2000 - TILL GEJ ERA grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Achimpus(m): 11:30am On Nov 15, 2014
M
Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by sexylogan(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2014
Burn the damnn Sambisa forest joor... angry
Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 15, 2014
There'll be casualties. Lots of casualties. I salute these men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by manutdadex(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2014
Samchelsea:
Why must this guys make every of their plans public....when boko haram wants to attack do they announce it?.....fed up of this old military tactics
read d post again..they didnt announce anytin! U cant move dat kind of personell hidden! Since our journalist c dis one, y dem neva see d Bh boiz own..or beta stillmake dem do documentary on d captured town...lazy people

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by arsetalks(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2014
Lying liars out with more lies. We are not buying into this garbage any more.

2 Likes

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by babdap: 11:32am On Nov 15, 2014
What are they waiting for.

I thought snake don bite all the militant for the forest.
Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by coolvitus(m): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2014
Chai islam

4 Likes

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by mcdokwe(m): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2014
They should also remember to take some hunters along grin

15 Likes

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by seankafor(m): 11:33am On Nov 15, 2014
Samchelsea:
if they dont make it public we will be the first to shout that notin is being done

5 Likes

Re: Military Moves To Attack Sambisa by benega: 11:34am On Nov 15, 2014
Mcheww *goes back to sleep* wake me up when they enter the evil forest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kanu Arrives Court In The Same Clothes, Pleads Not Guilty To FG's Amended Charge / Moment APC NWC Nominated Akpabio For Senate President, Tajudeen For Speaker / Fatima Abdullahi Ganduje, First Class Graduate Daughter Of Kano Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.