Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

My Father Hates Me! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Hates Me! (23009 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / My Mother Hates Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Hates Me! by piagetskinner(m): 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
Draw close to God pray about it....he's in the know concerning everything about u...meet older people(fatherly figures) who re responsible nd can profer possible solutions to ur situation..#do not carry resentment in ur heart against ur father...forgive him so that u don't carry unnecessary emotional weight in ur heart#remember, U ARE UR BEST ENCOUrAGER!!
Re: My Father Hates Me! by stanconnect(m): 9:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
Bro it's a pity...if I where you; I would just leav the house...it's obvious that he does not love u nor want you rather he just wants to frustrate you..but committing suicide is never the best means to prove him wrong...be a man..its a challenge, face it squarely...make something out of ur life...and future..he will definitely crawl begging tomorrow...that's hw it's designed....so find a means...since u still got a mum that kia...let her know with good reasons why u Shld leav the house of most important should be that he might kill or even poison u smday based on how he is going..once she accepts to provide u with the accomodation...leav the house...focus on your studies...reach for ur dreams and achieve em with God's grace u will definitely turn out a victor...Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
I feel ur pain bro. Some years back when I use to work in one small firm, my colleague and very gud fwnd was experiencing exactly same thing. He tells me all that happen everytym he goes back home from work. As in, him own worst die, to eat in his own father's houz is even a problem, sometime I felt like following home to brush him dad and step mum coz dey reli suffer the guy. Today all is over and he is doing well for himself. Don't allow ur father's cruelty towards u make u kill urself, instead see am as a drive to make u take up challenge of becoming somebody. The best way to revenge him is to become success right under his nose

3 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by andyanders: 9:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
My brother, note that every man without a history is not worth a man. You have to see this as a challenge and NEVER disrespect him because your tomorrow will be better than today as he is your father. Always be in the attitude of prayer and commit your everyday life in the hands of God. He is your true father. Your father is been manipulated spiritually to hate you because the devil has seen that you will be a star tomorrow.

Thank God that you have a mother who is ready to assist you get your education which is the basic need of your life of tomorrow.

Do not think of suicide because devil will be happy that he has destroyed a STAR. Mehn, you are a star. Face your studies and look at every tribulation as a way to build you up for tomorrow's challenges.

Allow your father be and never feel pained over his attitude. Come one day, he will be on his kneels asking you for your forgiveness.
Just add joy to every bad thing he does to you knowing fully well that one DAY, you will never live with him forever. Pray to God to help you go through your school and come out in flying colours. The future is yours.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by RotrEmmanuel: 9:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
really sad! brother please still respect him as do the best u can OK!
I'm currently in same situation
Re: My Father Hates Me! by ogunholla(m): 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ezedon:
If your father hates you hate him back and ignore him in every thing thats the best way to pay him back
the person in question is his Father not a Friend and remember they are living together morever he still depends on His father
Re: My Father Hates Me! by boombay(m): 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
elwire:
i just don't know how to satisfy this man he divorced my mom when i was 4yrs am now 18 buh my dad hate me....in a family of six he shows all my brothers luv....he always want me to work for him whc i ill obey unlike my brothers....he slap me infront of his freinds insult me call me names i swear i jux dont know what to do to please him...

My step mum also hates me i once liv our house i went to my grandma my popsy followed and told her that am lying bla bla...i was sent back home...i stole his shaving stick and went for DNA test whc my friend helped me d result was positive he was my father...my mom is married in Egypt..she jux call me sometimes and told me dat u ve to bear with my father...he dont pay my fees my mom does....jux dis morning he hit me with a kettle because m playin with one of my niece telling me dat i wantu break her hand because she s not my kid....dam!!!

i jux feel like committing suicide i hate myslf am just depressed....please your advice is needed...m actually an active nairalander buh i created this account to hide my identity...!!

*trolling mode deactivated*

guy yours is still better
I'm a troll on nairaland trying to have fun in order to forget my sorrows and pains I'm experiencing at home
God bears me witness that I'm crying as I'm typing this...
I'm just 17yrs... a fat handsome teenager
my parents are happily married and averagely rich...they can afford almost everything ,they gave birth to 4 kids
I'm the third born of the family

i wrote my waec this year...I failed tho (not proud to say it... I failed because i lack parental care
I registered my self for waec and jamb after stealing their money to get myself registered...
my two elder siblings are too mean ...they do give my mum advice just to bring me down physically academically, materially even socially

all the clothes and footwear I'm wearing.. I bought them myself....
they are always jealous of my progress.... my older siblings went to a well reputable private secondary school... I graduated from a public sec school...
see my brother everything will be alright soon....
just smilegrin
TAG ME WHEN YOU READ THIS FINISH

*trolling mode activated*

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Jackpott(m): 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2014
I need not tell you my story bro... I tried to commit suicide five times. But as I'm still bouncing, you need not to worry. It will get better... And it will make you strong as it made me. Cos even if the whole world stands against me today, it wouldn't shake me. Just because my dad married my mum, instead of the girl they want him to marry.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by TDonald: 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
Understand it is not your problem other than you are forced
to live and deal with him. If your Dad is an unhappy or weak
person that does not make you the "cause" of it. You did not drive
him to this behavior. He has created his own life and his own
relationships with people. He might have been happy at one time
but he is not now. This fact you can not change for him, no
matter how much you might want to.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by M4gunners: 9:27pm On Nov 15, 2014
Bros i think Waleyp has given you the best advice so.Put urself together and focus on ur study. God has something for you.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by adanny01(m): 9:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
If your father really hates you, the only way to get back at him is to become successful.

Success is a weapon so use it very well. Never fail in your academics, take studies seriously.

My uncle once told me 'you will fail' because the night before writing jamb, i was out with friends. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for him, i got admission and have since been a graduate.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Disclaimer: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2014
grin
Re: My Father Hates Me! by jonglexer: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
My brother FLEE!!...i mean RUN!!....he doesn't supports you financially,morally,socially,e.t.c...what are you benefiting from him?...your mom pays all the payables...i wonder what you're still doing in that man's house...c'mon bro!....you're an adult...act as one...leave him and go and leave on your own

2 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by DBen2: 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
my broda i understand ur condition,i will like u to move into d hostel and beg ur mum to pay for u and d tf she sends to u will be enough for ur feeding.u have to focus on ur future for now study hard and staying at home with ur dad will be imposible to concentrate .ur studies first so move out of the house to hostel u are 18yrs not 18mons.good luck

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by nep2ra(m): 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
Leave that house while you still have breath in you.

Find courage within your heart and move forward.

You are only doing yourself harm living in that toxic environment.

I was once in your situation.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by gatiano(m): 9:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
you can't commit suicide, that does not solve anything. some go through worst, however, this is also a densed situation. what didn't kill you will make you a strong person. you are 18 already, and you made it into the university with all that stress is a marvellous thing infact congratulations. be strong, don't forget your destination, never! do not let that fear in, refute it, medically fear is bad for the liver. and it deters greatness. do not let fear in. he makes you work for him so that you won't get something for yourself (i guess) so that you can't be independent. however we must give respect to our fathers. just a lil while brother. GOD is your everything, your mother is a wonderful woman and i commend such a fine soul, stay strong. oh brother i feel you. atleast you are lucky you are not a female to a step dad.

elwire:
i just don't know how to satisfy this man he divorced my mom when i was 4yrs am now 18 buh my dad hate me....in a family of six he shows all my brothers luv....he always want me to work for him whc i ill obey unlike my brothers....he slap me infront of his freinds insult me call me names i swear i jux dont know what to do to please him...

My step mum also hates me i once liv our house i went to my grandma my popsy followed and told her that am lying bla bla...i was sent back home...i stole his shaving stick and went for DNA test whc my friend helped me d result was positive he was my father...my mom is married in Egypt..she jux call me sometimes and told me dat u ve to bear with my father...he dont pay my fees my mom does....jux dis morning he hit me with a kettle because m playin with one of my niece telling me dat i wantu break her hand because she s not my kid....dam!!!

i jux feel like committing suicide i hate myslf am just depressed....please your advice is needed...m actually an active nairalander buh i created this account to hide my identity...!!

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Vicotex(m): 9:33pm On Nov 15, 2014
My guy @ OP, those people ain't your true parents.
During my Teenage years my dad use to hate me cos i don't get close to him as my sisters do.
Beats me brutaly, left my head soak with blood, just cos i beat my younger for insulting me.
But as time goes on things started changing when his friends started advicing him, tellin him that i'm his only son, he shouldn't be treating me like a rat that one day, imma make it big in the family and he too will benefit from it.

Anyway go seek help from ur uncles/aunties, tell 'em to advice your parents
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
really sad! brother please still respect him as do the best u can OK!
I'm currently in same situation

Talk to me personally about your own situation.... I can help you with litigation
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Tobilastik(m): 9:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
I guess ur stepmother has hand in this....she may b d one dht used sth on ur dad to dislike u...just b prayerful nd find means of leaving dht auz....if possible ur dad shld not know wen u re leaving

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
elwire:
am now in the University 100level my mom paid all my fees....he said i ill not go back to hostel i ve to be working for him at home...from my house to the uni is approximately 30 to 1hr journey...my mum ve to send tp fair for me each month.....i hate this man i swear!
report him to d police before he kills you
Re: My Father Hates Me! by andyanders: 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
boombay:

*trolling mode deactivated*

guy yours is still better
I'm a troll on nairaland trying to have fun in order to forget my sorrows and pains I'm experiencing at home
God bears me witness that I'm crying as I'm typing this...
I'm just 17yrs... a fat handsome teenager
my parents are happily married and averagely rich...they can afford almost everything ,they gave birth to 4 kids
I'm the third born of the family

i wrote my waec this year...I failed tho (not proud to say it... I failed because i lack parental care
I registered my self for waec and jamb after stealing their money to get myself registered...
my two elder siblings are too mean ...they do give my mum advice just to bring me down physically academically, materially even socially

all the clothes and footwear I'm wearing.. I bought them myself....
they are always jealous of my progress.... my older siblings went to a well reputable private secondary school... I graduated from a public sec school...
see my brother everything will be alright soon....
just smilegrin
TAG ME WHEN YOU READ THIS FINISH

*trolling mode activated*

Brother, never feel bad as I know that God is with you and He will direct your ways and make you a star in the presence of those who has looked down on you. If you are facing this kind of problem with your own biological parents, then I deduce it that devil has seen who you gonna be tomorrow and want to bring you down.

Keep looking beyond now and go to the world and make sure you get your education and with prayers, God will direct your ways and He will get establish you.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Igbentosan(f): 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2014
My dear if you can bear it from age four till this your present age then you can still bear if till you finally gain your freedom.Your father may not actually hate you ,you may actually be the child he loves most but he doesn't know how to show it.You know some of our parents made a lot of mistakes while growing up and they don't wish their children to do same.Just maybe the only way he thinks he can prevent you from doing that same mistakes is to be harsh to you.Please Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴͡ his treatments as training.Also put it into prayers because there is nothing God can not do
Re: My Father Hates Me! by dansokoto1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ezedon:
If your father hates you hate him back and ignore him in every thing thats the best way to pay him back
that 's not cool though
Re: My Father Hates Me! by andyanders: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jackpott:
I need not tell you my story bro... I tried to commit suicide five times. But as I'm still bouncing, you need not to worry. It will get better... And it will make you strong as it made me. Cos even if the whole world stands against me today, it wouldn't shake me. Just because my dad married my mum, instead of the girl they want him to marry.

Sure mehn, suicide is not the answer as every challenge in a man's life is what will would him for the future.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jackpott:
Bros don't you know how to commit suicide...how come you tried 5 times unsuccessfully. Na wa o

Don't they sell rat poison in your area?

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by SirJonse(m): 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
Is ur father's name Mikaelson? If yes, then u must be Klaus.

Call ur dad and buy him a beersmiley.

Thank me later.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by FolabiCash: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
Unfortunately, we might never get to hear ur dad's side of the story. It is rare to see parents HATE their own blood.

My young man, you should realise that because of ur age bracket and for the fact that many teenagers are usually rebellious at that stage,you might need to check yourself and see what you are doing wrong.

It is almost impossible for your father to 'hate' you if you really are not the stubborn type or the type that talks back at your father.

Forget what you watch on TV, this is africa where parents still hold the aces. You might need to examine yourself.

I am not trying to hold brief for your father, who probably still sees you as a kid, but my point is that if there are things you do that make him angry, you might need to turn a new leaf.

Its easy for ur fellow teenagers here to take sides with you, however, i believe you will u understand when you become a father yourself.

In the case of your cousin, I guess he was angry you might injure him/her, especially if you like rough play.

But whatever it is, stay calm, keep your head up. Its only for a short time. Face ur studies, do well and you ll soon be enjoying your independence. Be good!

Apt! Couldn't have said it better bruh.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
Unfortunately, we might never get to hear ur dad's side of the story. It is rare to see parents HATE their own blood.

My young man, you should realise that because of ur age bracket and for the fact that many teenagers are usually rebellious at that stage,you might need to check yourself and see what you are doing wrong.

It is almost impossible for your father to 'hate' you if you really are not the stubborn type or the type that talks back at your father.

Forget what you watch on TV, this is africa where parents still hold the aces. You might need to examine yourself.

I am not trying to hold brief for your father, who probably still sees you as a kid, but my point is that if there are things you do that make him angry, you might need to turn a new leaf.

Its easy for ur fellow teenagers here to take sides with you, however, i believe you will u understand when you become a father yourself.

In the case of your cousin, I guess he was angry you might injure him/her, especially if you like rough play.

But whatever it is, stay calm, keep your head up. Its only for a short time. Face ur studies, do well and you ll soon be enjoying your independence. Be good!

no matter wot,it his fathe is already abusing him.

2 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by ultraGM: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
OP God be with you. I almost had the same problem with you but am so lucky the brothers were loving even though not from same father.

To me your dad has not understand his responsibilities, nothing should concerned you if he had problem with your mom, if he can live with his burden let him release you to go and live somewhere else.

Please talk to your religious leader, pastor or imam
Re: My Father Hates Me! by FolabiCash: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
soe:

Bros don't you know how to commit suicide...how come you tried 5 times unsuccessfully. Na wa o

grin
soe:

Lmfaoo. let's be serious
Re: My Father Hates Me! by cirmuell(m): 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
soe:

Cirmuell is this you? grin
lol why? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

21-year-old Marriage Dissolved Over Food / My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! / My Husband Is A Kleptomaniac, LASTMA Official Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.