Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Fashion Faux Pas - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Fashion Faux Pas (3012 Views)

Rapper Lil' Kim Show Off Painful Camel Toe As She Makes A BIG Fashion Faux Pas / Fashion Faux Pas / Fashion Faux-pas Or Sheer PR Brilliance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashion Faux Pas by HRhotness(f): 10:57am On Nov 25, 2008
Fashion faux pas. . .

d wrong outfit for an occasion
poorly fitting dress
absolutely wrong footwear for ur outfit
too much make up
wearing prints and/or stripes wrongly
being draped in a hideous colour and/or fabric
                . . . . . d list is endless

lets admit it, we hav all been guilty. . .  some of us alot more than we care to admit. so lets share our embarrassing moments in fashion, d more embarrassing d better  wink
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by iice(f): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2008
Hmmm if i follow the rules of fashion. I probably commit a faux pas everyday undecided
Don't have any embarrassing situation. I rock what i wear even if it looks like it doesn't belong in the scene.
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2008
im guessing this thread is mainly for women . i doubt any guy'll loose sleep over what he's wearing. well, except some girlies.
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by HRhotness(f): 4:10pm On Nov 25, 2008
r u telling me u hvnt turned up at an occassion slightly over or under-dressed?
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2008
u see, thats where most guys (well myself) and ladies differ. what you wear and how you dress up for an occassion is relative or should i say personal. u ladies seem to put so much effort into what you wear and what u look like. and this I'm afraid is where more ladies than guys get it wrong.
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by eroticme: 3:44pm On Nov 26, 2008
hi guys u mind me joining ur conversation
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by iice(f): 5:28pm On Nov 26, 2008
No one yet? undecided

Ok, il go but its nothing am embarrassed about

I sometimes wear two different personalities i.e I'l wear totally casual on the bottom say shorts and flip flops and wear formal on the top say, a white man's shirt, a vest and so on. Or the other way round, wife beater on tailored pants and heels.

I sometimes ok, maybe most times wear casual wear to formal occasions. When girls wear dresses and skirts, i end up in tracks.

Once i went to the club, it was 'beach' theme, i went in jeans and sneakers with tee, meanwhile everyone was in bikinis grin grin

At home i do serious stripes, horizontals plus vertical on top on horizontal stripes. Anything goes for me most times so long as it's my thing.

I once went to an Aids benefit party. Celebs and the like and i went in jeans and tee grin grin Didn't feel underdressed undecided So long as i was wearing the color of the night and i was there for the cause was all i cared about.

I wear mens kaftan sometimes grin. In high school, i went to church dressed as a muslim sometimes, the kaftan and veil.
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by mohawkchic(f): 6:04pm On Nov 26, 2008
HR.hotness:

Fashion faux pas. . .

d wrong outfit for an occasion
poorly fitting dress
absolutely wrong footwear for ur outfit
too much make up
wearing prints and/or stripes wrongly
being draped in a hideous colour and/or fabric
                . . . . . d list is endless

lets admit it, we hav all been guilty. . .  some of us alot more than we care to admit. so lets share our embarrassing moments in fashion, d more embarrassing d better  wink

~I was hoping You'll start the ball rolling!! tongue
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by HRhotness(f): 6:09pm On Nov 26, 2008
LOL

I guess I've been called out. . . grin grin

my mum had asked me to drive her to my aunts (she didnt say what for), i was dressed in skinnies and a very cleavagy tank top. . . when we get there, it turns out it was a "muslim" naming ceremony. we got there early so i thot i cld get away with it. . . my the time most of d guests arrived, i cldnt ignor the dirty looks i got frm wives whose husbands were shamelessly leering. . . i spent d entire hidden away in the car embarassed
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by mohawkchic(f): 6:12pm On Nov 26, 2008
~LMAO iice cheesy You're proper quirky!!
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by mohawkchic(f): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2008
HR.hotness:

LOL

I guess I've been called out. . . grin grin

my mum had asked me to drive her to my aunts (she didnt say what for), i was dressed in skinnies and a very cleavagy tank top. . . when we get there, it turns out it was a "muslim" naming ceremony. we got there early so i thot i cld get away with it. . . my the time most of d guests arrived, i cldnt ignor the dirty looks i got frm wives whose husbands were shamelessly leering. . . i spent d entire hidden away in the car embarassed

grin lol . . . can't blame them!!

BRB w/ mine,got to get dinner ready!
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by HRhotness(f): 6:17pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ iice

i went thru a phase wear i did d caftan thing all d time too. . . drove my mum insane grin
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by nana(f): 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2008
Lol, . .Once went to college with my jeans unzipped. Almost about to enter the school when a lady told me. embarassed
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by HRhotness(f): 6:27pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ nana

lol. . . lucky save eh? wink

my corset came loose in church once. . . i was already getting dirty looks frm d ushers and i had to bend over to pick up a leaflet when d zip gave way and d whole thing almost fell off. . . i wasnt wearing a bra so it was a catastrophe. . . lucky i was getting those dirty looks tho, it was one of the ushers that rushed to cover me up in her shawl. . . i wore a very safe boubou to church d following sunday grin
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by iice(f): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2008
HR lol! My mom didn't even send so long as i managed to wear a dress grin she still tries to get me into dresses and skirts till now
I also dressed indian to church.

I remember my Jamb examination day.
All my mates were dressed to the nines, decked out with the things their parents bought for them from 'abroad'.  iice carry uniform and my chapala chapala slippers go write exam grin
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by nana(f): 6:32pm On Nov 26, 2008
iice:

HR lol! My mom didn't even send so long as i managed to wear a dress grin she still tries to get me into dresses and skirts till now
I also dressed indian to church.

I remember my Jamb examination day.
All my mates were dressed to the nines, decked out with the things their parents bought for them from 'abroad'.  iice carry uniform and my chapala chapala slippers go write exam grin

Lol
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by HRhotness(f): 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ iice

lol i wore dresses oh. . . but i always managed to destroy d look by wearing trainers or face caps or bandannas or du rags or any combination. . . I should be locked up for all d horrible fashion crimes i committed.
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by MrCrackles(m): 6:34pm On Nov 26, 2008
iice:

All my mates were dressed to the nines, decked out with the things their parents bought for them from 'abroad'. iice carry uniform and my chapala chapala slippers go write exam grin

Before nkan

You want to wear Tafetta lace or Jacquard to the exam hall ni?! grin
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by nana(f): 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2008
MrCrackles:

Before nkan

School uniform for Jamb?
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by iice(f): 6:46pm On Nov 26, 2008
MrCrackles:

Before nkan

Lace ogini wetin?  No but if to say u see the babes baff up, you go dey intimidated, if you werent me at that time grin

HR.hotness:

@ iice

lol i wore dresses oh. . . but i always managed to destroy d look by wearing trainers or face caps or bandannas or du rags or any combination. . . I should be locked up for all d horrible fashion crimes i committed.

Yeah, i get the trainers and durags bit.  I was obsessed with chucks, i wore them with everything coz they are soooo comfy.
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by ikamefa(f): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ topic i remember rocking a skinny jeans with my boots, a sweater and a jacket c o s twas cold that day i had no hat, i just slapped on a scarve! " grin " and kept it moving jare! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

or during summer i love to wear my babariga pants with a tight t shirt " grin " i nor send anybody message oh! cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by iice(f): 9:42am On Nov 27, 2008
ikamefa:

@ topic i remember rocking a skinny jeans with my boots, a sweater and a jacket c o s twas cold that day i had no hat, i just slapped on a scarve! " grin " and kept it moving jare! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

or during summer i love to wear my babariga pants with a tight t shirt " grin " i nor send anybody message oh! cheesy grin cheesy grin

Rofl twinny! grin grin I do that too, with even bandeau tube top sef grin grin

I once wore mascara on my eyebrows, i didn't know what da heck a mascara was. I thought it was like eye pencil.
Omo see caterpillar eyebrows. My excuse? I was prolly 8yrs or so.
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by chika98: 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2008
I remember when i used to think dog tags were cool. Chai. So embarrassing when i think of it now
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by ikamefa(f): 11:13pm On Nov 27, 2008
iice:

Rofl twinny! grin grin  I do that too, with even bandeau tube top sef grin grin

I once wore mascara on my eyebrows, i didn't know what da heck a mascara was.  I thought it was like eye pencil. 
Omo see caterpillar eyebrows.  My excuse?  I was prolly 8yrs or so.

recently i discovered i have a lot of buba( yoruba blouses) in my closet  embarassed now my latest crase is wearing it with a skirt( long or short or mini) and my ugg booths
i do this mostly on weekends "  grinthem don tire for this place sef!grin "
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by HRhotness(f): 11:15pm On Nov 27, 2008

@ikamefa
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by ikamefa(f): 11:26pm On Nov 27, 2008
HR.hotness:

@ikamefa

embarassed don't you know my present day fashion faux pas is tomorrows fashion trends! lets just say am a trend-setter! " grin "
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by mohawkchic(f): 11:44pm On Nov 27, 2008
~Going "Commando" while wearing Linen trousers!! Tiny black dots of pubs were peeking out of the Crotch area, embarassed LMAO now but it freaked me out when i sat down & wondered "Whats lint doing there" grin

Lesson Learnt: Never go "Commando" wearing White Linen trousers!!

~My Cousin had a B-day dinner,l8r we decided we'd go to the cinema to watch a movie!! Got to the cinema,bought ticket,was waiting for the Movie to start,so was chillaxed at the lounge area- like 5 mins before movie starts,i got ready to shashay my stuff when i felt something giveway underneath me!! SNAP!! I lost balance as i tried to figure out WTF!! Y'll know by now my company am w/ have noticed something right!! cheesy LMAO grin It was a new Ankle boot,i'd bought from Italy,been sitting in my wardrobe for so long,i thought why not strut it out that night!!don't know to this day what i did wrong,but i had that boot looking up at me like "Nice view" . . "i thought oh well,whats a girl to do?" so i pretended i still had the heel underneath the boot & woobled to the line & seat!! I cringed thro out that movie,delibtrating,how i was going out when the movie was over with all them peeps looking at me walking funny!! Never felt so F-ing Humilated!!Confidence took a dent for the worse when hard as i tried walkin like i didnt have a broken heel,these girls stood out on the pathway made it obvious they were looking at my foot & giggling!! angry If looks could kill!!

*Weird thing is i couldnt bring myself to throw the dam shoes away,i like the material,so i had it fixed . . Couple of years later,after i'd laffed over the "Cinema Incident" - i hought yeah i'd wear it again to the Club!! You guessed it!!Broke Again,Both heels this time!!

Lesson learnt:{1} Never Mend a Shoe,No Matter how Much you Love It!!!!

{2} I Always have a flat tucked in my bag Now!!

Re: Fashion Faux Pas by HRhotness(f): 12:10am On Nov 28, 2008
LOL

Oh MC. . . it wasnt ur fault. . . it was them shoes. . . gorgeous as they r. grin

I had to walk bare foot frm a club one night. . . i had over worked my shoes on d dance floor andlost both heels, cldnt get cabs out front so had to go down d road. . . did my walk of shame in my barefooted glory  grin grin grin
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by mohawkchic(f): 12:18am On Nov 28, 2008
HR.hotness:

LOL

Oh MC. . . it wasnt ur fault. . . it was them shoes. . . gorgeous as they r. grin

I had to walk bare foot frm a club one night. . . i had over worked my shoes on d dance floor andlost both heels, cldnt get cabs out front so had to go down d road. . . did my walk of shame in my barefooted glory  grin grin grin

~LMAO cheesy I've had my fair share of Walk-Of-Shame-Barefoot-Glory days too,when that pinky toe screams "Murder!!",You bet them shoes are coming Off!! grin
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by Classigal(f): 7:43pm On Nov 28, 2008
mohawkchic:

~Going "Commando" while wearing Linen trousers!! Tiny black dots of pubs were peeking out of the Crotch area, embarassed LMAO now but it freaked me out when i sat down & wondered "Whats lint doing there" grin

Lesson Learnt: Never go "Commando" wearing White Linen trousers!!

~My Cousin had a B-day dinner,l8r we decided we'd go to the cinema to watch a movie!! Got to the cinema,bought ticket,was waiting for the Movie to start,so was chillaxed at the lounge area- like 5 mins before movie starts,i got ready to shashay my stuff when i felt something giveway underneath me!! SNAP!! I lost balance as i tried to figure out WTF!! Y'll know by now my company am w/ have noticed something right!! cheesy LMAO grin It was a new Ankle boot,i'd bought from Italy,been sitting in my wardrobe for so long,i thought why not strut it out that night!!don't know to this day what i did wrong,but i had that boot looking up at me like "Nice view" . . "i thought oh well,whats a girl to do?" so i pretended i still had the heel underneath the boot & woobled to the line & seat!! I cringed thro out that movie,delibtrating,how i was going out when the movie was over with all them peeps looking at me walking funny!! Never felt so F-ing Humilated!!Confidence took a dent for the worse when hard as i tried walkin like i didnt have a broken heel,these girls stood out on the pathway made it obvious they were looking at my foot & giggling!! angry If looks could kill!!

*Weird thing is i couldnt bring myself to throw the dam shoes away,i like the material,so i had it fixed . . Couple of years later,after i'd laffed over the "Cinema Incident" - i hought yeah i'd wear it again to the Club!! You guessed it!!Broke Again,Both heels this time!!

Lesson learnt:{1} Never Mend a Shoe,No Matter how Much you Love It!!!!

{2} I Always have a flat tucked in my bag Now!!

v v v v funny, cant catch my breath. Gimme some time to think of mine. grin grin grin
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by mohawkchic(f): 3:20am On Nov 29, 2008
Classigal:

v v v v funny, can't catch my breath. Gimme some time to think of mine. grin grin grin

~ grin . . . .Waiting
Re: Fashion Faux Pas by Classigal(f): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2008
Dunno what I was thinking but went to the gym wtout my sports bra even tho am really endowed in that area. The trainer started me on warm-ups and maybe realised after some jumps that I was jiggly and doubled my warm up time with more ups and downs. By this time I was gettn some excitd looks from guys and embarassd looks from the ladies. Didint know that the black area was visible thru my shirt till I looked down embarassed embarassed embarassed Gosh. Lemme end by sayn I have more sports bra now than regular ones. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Get Waves? / Easy Handmade Hair Pin For Little Girls . / Brides And Bridesmaids... Come In �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.