Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,168 members, 7,780,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:37 AM

Iman Rise For Brothers - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Iman Rise For Brothers (997 Views)

Happy Eid-ul-Adha My Muslim Brothers And Sisters! / 5 Ways To Increase Our Iman As Muslims / 20 Signs Of Weak Iman (Faith) in a Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iman Rise For Brothers by maclatunji: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2014
STAGE OF REPUDIATION Or STAGE OF DENIAL You will hate brothers with beards and jumpy trousers, you will wonder why they make islam so difficult. You will claim EMAN is in the heart and no need for show off. You will single out some unkempt sunnah brothers and use them as the excuse why you won't keep beard or wear jumpy trousers. You won't see the neat and corporate ones among them as shining examples of Sunnah. You will blame you non-compliance on those who are dirty. You will use them as excuse on behalf of those who hate sunnah.

STAGE OF TOLERANCE : Here you will have stayed or known sunnah brother for a while, you would have interracted with some, spent times together, in class, discussion secular issues, in office and work place, being on the same public buses or assisting each other at some times or another. You will now accept them as what they are and be surprised that some of them are so intelligent, educated, knowledgeable in other topical issues apart from religion. You will be surprised that so, some of these people are so exposed?

STAGE OF ENVY : here, you have realised they don't bother about your discouragement and occassional teasing of their beard, trousers and so on. You will begin to silently envy them and wish you could also take up Sunnah without people saying you are going fanatical. You will remember all the past feelings you also had for them in the past and fear you may also become a victim of same from others.
STAGE OF TRIAL : Now you will begin to delay shaving your beard until it grows longer than before. You will still cut it, you are only trying to see how people will react to it. What you are doing here is called "water testing". You will be praised by some and discouraged by others. You will still remove the beard next time you visit the barber shop.

STAGE OF RISK TAKING : Here you will select one of your trouser, usually the oldest one or the least liked one and take it to the tailor to reduce the lenght above ankle. You will start wearing it inside the house and later to run some short errand in the neigbhourhood. Many will ask you if you have joined "Tableeq". You will jokingly reply "Is it not good?". You are only trying to measure the deep of their minds about it.

STAGE OF CONSOLIDATION : Here, you will begin to wear the jumper more frequently and to farer place. You will begin to trim your beard and leave it to grow to a predetermined lenght.

STAGE OF ASSURANCE : Your observers have identified you with Sunnah now and they are getting used to your new appearances and activities. Some begin to call you "Alfa" or "Malam" or "uztaz" as a way of teasing you, but you won't be bothered any longer.

STAGE OF RESOLUTION Now you are convinced you have broken through and no fear in your heart again. You will take the rest of your trousers to the tailor for adjusting. You will make your new cloth to same trouser lenght and you become thirsty for knowing Islam more than before. You want to attend Halqoh and isamic programmes. You wish to fast on monday and thursdays, you wish to perform Tahajud etc.

STAGE OF REMINISCENCE : You begin to remember you old self and the way you used to mock sunnah followers. You remember your prayers were not as regular then as now. You remember how you used to be involved in some Haram things but now avoiding them so that people won't use your new life to abuse Islam and others. You now see your self as a good ambassador of islam and ready to protect the image and integrity of Sunnah by staying off bad people. You now wish to drop remaining bad attitudes in you and you pray to Allah for it

STAGE OF ANTI-CLIMAX : You see some brothers in your former positions, who look down on you as no-social and non-entity, but you feel sorry for them and wish they could also become followers of Sunnah. You will resolve to relate with them patiently until Allah uses you as a model to guide them also into Sunnah. It is at this stage you will now appreciate how other also tolerated

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by maclatunji: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2014
A shy sister sent this to me to be posted.

My personal reaction is that it is very myopic to tie a man's faith to the beard or length of his trousers. Inasmuch as I recognise that the writer is trying to encourage Sunnah.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by Davivah: 11:51am On Nov 15, 2014
Nice one.
@Mac, Even though the faith is in the heart, what the heart holds should reflect outside from your manner,character to your appearance; You don't claim to believe in Allah n His Prophet, n u trying to dodge the 'Simple' aspect of Sunnah just becos u don't want to appear as a fanatic or religious bigot; ur manners attract...

1 Like

Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by maclatunji: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
Davivah:
Nice one.
@Mac, Even though the faith is in the heart, what the heart holds should reflect outside from your manner,character to your appearance; You don't claim to believe in Allah n His Prophet, n u trying to dodge the 'Simple' aspect of Sunnah just becos u don't want to appear as a fanatic or religious bigot; ur manners attract...

That's not it o. For me, I am not into shaving like that and not yet into keeping a long beard. It is not compulsory, that is why I don't feel compelled to keep one.

People call me those things already so keeping a beard is actually easier if I cared about stereotypes.
Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by maclatunji: 12:22pm On Nov 15, 2014
I don't even shave. #Laughing
Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by Qtsnow(m): 12:32pm On Nov 15, 2014
Jazakalah khairan to the sister, would love if the sister can write something like this for the sisters too. thanks
Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by kazlaw2000: 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2014
Good build-up. I was also ascending the ladder some years back but i guess i got to the anti-climax stage. It became really difficult to keep jumping trousers and beards. Too many verbal and at a time physical opposition from friends and family. I had to seclude my self frm long term associates then becos i dont wanna be mocked. When it was becoming unbearable, i started to improvise. Now my dressing is more like those Iranian politicians. Moderate beards and normal trousers length. Thats easier to adopt.
Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by Davivah: 8:48am On Nov 16, 2014
kazlaw2000:
Good build-up. I was also ascending the ladder some years back but i guess i got to the anti-climax stage. It became really difficult to keep jumping trousers and beards. Too many verbal and at a time physical opposition from friends and family. I had to seclude my self frm long term associates then becos i dont wanna be mocked. When it was becoming unbearable, i started to improvise. Now my dressing is more like those Iranian politicians. Moderate beards and normal trousers length. Thats easier to adopt.

Barakallahu fihi Akhee
Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by kazlaw2000: 9:18am On Nov 16, 2014
Davivah:

Barakallahu fihi Akhee
Aamin. Thanks a lot
Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by baba11(m): 4:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
Nice write up...
Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by msmon(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2014
Great article, it was very articulate. I wish to crave your indulgence that I'd like to copy/paste this article on other sites. Thanks in advance.
maclatunji:
STAGE OF REPUDIATION Or STAGE OF DENIAL You will hate brothers with beards and jumpy trousers, you will wonder why they make islam so difficult. You will claim EMAN is in the heart and no need for show off. You will single out some unkempt sunnah brothers and use them as the excuse why you won't keep beard or wear jumpy trousers. You won't see the neat and corporate ones among them as shining examples of Sunnah. You will blame you non-compliance on those who are dirty. You will use them as excuse on behalf of those who hate sunnah.

STAGE OF TOLERANCE : Here you will have stayed or known sunnah brother for a while, you would have interracted with some, spent times together, in class, discussion secular issues, in office and work place, being on the same public buses or assisting each other at some times or another. You will now accept them as what they are and be surprised that some of them are so intelligent, educated, knowledgeable in other topical issues apart from religion. You will be surprised that so, some of these people are so exposed?

STAGE OF ENVY : here, you have realised they don't bother about your discouragement and occassional teasing of their beard, trousers and so on. You will begin to silently envy them and wish you could also take up Sunnah without people saying you are going fanatical. You will remember all the past feelings you also had for them in the past and fear you may also become a victim of same from others.
STAGE OF TRIAL : Now you will begin to delay shaving your beard until it grows longer than before. You will still cut it, you are only trying to see how people will react to it. What you are doing here is called "water testing". You will be praised by some and discouraged by others. You will still remove the beard next time you visit the barber shop.

STAGE OF RISK TAKING : Here you will select one of your trouser, usually the oldest one or the least liked one and take it to the tailor to reduce the lenght above ankle. You will start wearing it inside the house and later to run some short errand in the neigbhourhood. Many will ask you if you have joined "Tableeq". You will jokingly reply "Is it not good?". You are only trying to measure the deep of their minds about it.

STAGE OF CONSOLIDATION : Here, you will begin to wear the jumper more frequently and to farer place. You will begin to trim your beard and leave it to grow to a predetermined lenght.

STAGE OF ASSURANCE : Your observers have identified you with Sunnah now and they are getting used to your new appearances and activities. Some begin to call you "Alfa" or "Malam" or "uztaz" as a way of teasing you, but you won't be bothered any longer.

STAGE OF RESOLUTION Now you are convinced you have broken through and no fear in your heart again. You will take the rest of your trousers to the tailor for adjusting. You will make your new cloth to same trouser lenght and you become thirsty for knowing Islam more than before. You want to attend Halqoh and isamic programmes. You wish to fast on monday and thursdays, you wish to perform Tahajud etc.

STAGE OF REMINISCENCE : You begin to remember you old self and the way you used to mock sunnah followers. You remember your prayers were not as regular then as now. You remember how you used to be involved in some Haram things but now avoiding them so that people won't use your new life to abuse Islam and others. You now see your self as a good ambassador of islam and ready to protect the image and integrity of Sunnah by staying off bad people. You now wish to drop remaining bad attitudes in you and you pray to Allah for it

STAGE OF ANTI-CLIMAX : You see some brothers in your former positions, who look down on you as no-social and non-entity, but you feel sorry for them and wish they could also become followers of Sunnah. You will resolve to relate with them patiently until Allah uses you as a model to guide them also into Sunnah. It is at this stage you will now appreciate how other also tolerated

Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by maclatunji: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2014
msmon:

Great article, it was very articulate. I wish to crave your indulgence that I'd like to copy/paste this article on other sites. Thanks in advance.

I am sure the author will not mind.
Re: Iman Rise For Brothers by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
Subhanallah!
Wonderful write upsmiley

So true.......

(1) (Reply)

The Satanic Verse / Man Marries Off 8-year-old Daughter / Islam Saved Jewry - The Jewish Chronicle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.