Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,769 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With - TV/Movies (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With (75939 Views)

Can Nollywood Ever Make Cartoons / NTA Cartoons and programmes Of The 70s, 80s And 90s / Cartoons: Not For Kids Alone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Wisegeek01(m): 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
Kids of today have nothing to show oo,
Our generation rocked back then,

"Op Abeg where person fit see any of these cartoons buy,

let me start compiling them now for my future kids" grin grin

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
Wisegeek01:
Kids of today have nothing to show oo,
Our generation rocked back then,

"Op Abeg where person fit see any of these cartoons buy,

let me start compiling them now for my future kids" grin grin

If you plan on showing your kids these cartoons, you'll be making a huge mistake. One thing you fail to grasp is: during our time there is this air of innocence, like we had nothing to bother us. Besides gsm and all these phones and tablets weren't there to distract us too. Even though these were 2-dimensioned cartoons, they were still better than these present 3D. Morever, there was reading culture back then. How many of our so called kids are interested in what they say in cartoons other than the action and violent involved.

2 Likes

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Wisegeek01(m): 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2014
Eberex:

If you plan on showing your kids these cartoons, you'll be making a huge mistake. One thing you fail to grasp is: during our time there is this air of innocence, like we had nothing to bother us. Besides gsm and all these phones and tablets weren't there to distract us too. Even though these were 2-dimensioned cartoons, they were still better than these present 3D. Morever, there was reading culture back then. How many of our so called kids are interested in what they say in cartoons other than the action and violent involved.

True talk bro*
But dis world is turning to
something else really,

Even my two year old neice know
wetin be Kiss sef,

What is d way forward
for dis generation.

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by LordVoldemort(m): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
Wisegeek01:

Yeah I totally forgot this little prince, do you remember
Danger mouse
Or frekazoid from cadbury

And yessss! !!
Cadillac and dinosaurs
daat was a fav. grin

How can I forget freakaziod I still have up to 17 episode of it on VHS......lol I use to record every cadbury cartoon then
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by LordVoldemort(m): 6:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
Infomizer:

Pingu!!!!!!! Nice one there!
I always wanted to have my own planet like that little prince guy. Using a comet as transportation!

Aristocats nko?

I'm sure you will want to populate the planet with shoki babes..lil prince was a lonely sonofabitch the mor.on use to make me cry
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Infomizer(m): 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
LordVoldemort:

I'm sure you will want to populate the planet with shoki babes..lil prince was a lonely sonofabitch the mor.on use to make me cry

Lol! Defo! Wanna have my own planet, of course populated with Sirens and Amazons...grin
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by LordVoldemort(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
Infomizer:

Lol! Defo! Wanna have my own planet, of course populated with Sirens and Amazons...grin

Sirens ke? Then go enslave you with their song and amazons see correct beating if u mess up...I recommend senseless blond girls
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by LordVoldemort(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
Infomizer:

Sirens ke? Then go enslave you with their song and amazons see correct beating if u mess up...I recommend senseless blonde girls
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Nobody: 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
[quote author=Zukoslim post=28157466]

beta pikin....correct nigga....
brain always wanting to take over d word...
lemme add a few.....
Animaniacs
zeta project
spider man and his amazing friends
cow and chicken
dexter
jonny bravo

All these are indomie generation my dear except for spider man and his amazing friends that include iceman and firestar.

Baby grin
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Infomizer(m): 7:23pm On Nov 20, 2014
LordVoldemort:

Sirens ke? Then go enslave you with their song and amazons see correct beating if u mess up...I recommend senseless blonde girls

You get point sha! #TeamBimbos
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by ikemobi(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2014
There was this one I tink terahulks
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by sampark201: 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
Pop Eye,
Aladin or Prince of 40 theives,
Little Mermaid,
101 Dalmatians
Bambi
The Cinderella Story
Beauty and the beast
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by sampark201: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
Incredible Hulk,
Spideman
Batman
Inshort Cadbury in Saturday morning even if i piss for house i go always watch am before everyone wake then .. Hahahaha...

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Enzo45(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
I miss yu-gi-oh duel monsters
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by birdman(m): 11:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
Infomizer:

No be you jooor! You fit fly? You get hawk?

wait make sun comot. I go show you wetin dey
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Infomizer(m): 7:24am On Nov 21, 2014
birdman:

wait make sun comot. I go show you wetin dey

Show me o. You must show me!
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by quincylace(m): 7:42am On Nov 21, 2014
Nobody remembere FREAKAZOID
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 8:31am On Nov 21, 2014
who remembers ''EVIL ENCOUNTER''? this movie gave me the goosebumps back then. ol boi.........especially the sound track where they sing ''evil encounter kill you, evil encounter kill you, evil encounter kill you''...................i'm having goosebumps as i type this cos that small boy in me is going back to time. undecided

1 Like

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Babygal4eva(f): 9:43am On Nov 21, 2014
Pinky and the brain
Captain caveman
Princes Sharazan... ahh the sweet old days damn I miss those cartoons nowadays just boring one's show... oh and Animaniax
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 10:21am On Nov 21, 2014
Babygal4eva:
Pinky and the brain
Captain caveman
Princes Sharazan... ahh the sweet old days damn I miss those cartoons nowadays just boring one's show... oh and Animaniax

I feel you sis
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Rank50: 11:26am On Nov 21, 2014
torkaka:
[size=14pt]15 . . . . . . . . . . .SESAME STREET[/size]

i xo hated this cartoon with so much passion, i will mk sure my kids hate it too & their own own kids...i go dey luk down frm heaven dey observe on the hating tradition
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2014
Rank50:

i xo hated this cartoon with so much passion, i will mk sure my kids hate it too & their own own kids...i go dey luk down frm heaven dey observe on the hating tradition

If you hate sesame street, that means you be olodo when you dey small and because we all know it to be an educative programme.
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by zany17(f): 11:48am On Nov 21, 2014
so luv cartoons smiley
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by mikkiano(m): 1:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
grin

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
konvict0111:
Bros u too correct with those timing. Omo nah my neighbor house I dey watch am o because my old no dey allow young boys near TV those days o!
Hahahahahahaha......
guy no be lie o....i dey use cloth cover the button dat time if i wan on tv....make my old boy go wake up.....
anytime d man catch me...television don end bdat.o
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Lovechyld101(m): 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
futurepresident:
Mr. Man,were r d likes of. Jonny bravo,3 powerpuff girls,the mask,ed edd and eddy...etc
all these are recent cartoon now we dey mention sporting billy, volton you dey mention all this dstv cartoon most of these cartoon we watched in black and white t.v where u won see dstv self.
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by mazizitonene(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
TrishaP:
Godzilla..I can't forget when me and my siblings used to run bck from school to meet up the 4'o clock program.
smiley
can totally relate to this
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by igbo2011(m): 4:19pm On Nov 21, 2014
Why are all these cartoons western. Why can't Africans create our own cartoons?
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Eberex(m): 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
igbo2011:
Why are all these cartoons western. Why can't Africans create our own cartoons?

Questions for the gods

Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by igbo2011(m): 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by ojaydedon(m): 5:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
johny bravo.... tom and jerry still rocks...

Cant forget hw i anticipated episodes of voltron...

Ovide.... Video

super ted, super ted, super, super, super ted...

i nearly frogot d existence of fraggle rock.. Tnx for reminding me

flint stone..lol

who still remember d cartoon, ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN..

DOES SOME ONE REMEMBER PAPAI ! Dat black mole
Re: Throw Back: Cartoons We Grew Up With by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
Rank50:

abeg sesame street is not a cartoon

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly / NTA Presenter Applies Makeup Live On Air (Photos) / Bbnaija: 2face Idibia Supports Kiddwaya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.