Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? (4998 Views)

I Want To Unsubscribe From 'job.naij' (annoyed) / Jobberman Job FAIR / Top 10 Job Sites In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by francizy(m): 12:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
A Nigerian graduate wants nothing from an online job site apart from getting legit information pertaining to job openings. It often gets frustrating for one when one registers with a job site and all one gets are fake vacancies which Jobberman, Job.naij and Jobrapido provides.

You subscribe to a website (Jobfairng.com) event with your details and because Jobberman is a partener to jobfairng, Jobberman will then have access to your details too. Can Jobfairng.com explain to me why they dished out my information along with my main/important email address to jobberman, as in who does that??

These job sites have the most incompetent staff (what would one expect from websites that never posts legit job openings) because after unsubscribing from their fraudulent job alerts, they still keep your email address while they stop sending you emails. When its seems to them like you have forgotten about unsubscribing from their email alerts, they start hitting you with the alerts again. Very cunning and an unprofessional way to run a website.

After unsubscribing from Jobberman on the email address I registered with, they didn't stop sending me emails. Worst part is that they got my second email address from jobfairng.com and continued bugging me with emails on both email addresses. I had to go thru the stress of unsubscribing from their emails again and also, I sent not less than 3-5 emails to them, pleading that my email be removed from their database (incompetency at its peak).

My advice to all who's searching for job is to be careful and don't fall into the trap of hoodlums, kidnappers, rapissts, ritualists, etc. just because some job boards want to make quick cash. Be careful and mind the job boards you use because I find it amusing for a person to apply for a job on a Monday, s/he gets an invite on Wednesday or Thursday asking s/he to come for an interview the next day (Friday), all in same week. That's what these useless job boards are good at.

Now am faced with the fraudulent job alerts from Job.naij again after I unsubscribed from their email alerts for close to 7 months now. As I tried unsubscribing from their emails again, this is what I got (picture below). I also tried logging into their website to re-edit the details and remove my email and passport manually but it proves futile.

Can some on please help me out here because I don't want my important data/information to be on scam websites?

The code that the person who started this thread https://www.nairaland.com/1841414/how-identify-scam-interview-invitation talked about is the exact code that these useless people use in inviting people for their useless interviews

2 Likes

Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by wale4u2007: 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
It,s quite unfortunate,these two jobsites had been hijacked by hackers(Scammers).Don't know why their Database Manager cannot do anything about it . Just don,t know .Do you know that same thing happened to me.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by francizy(m): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
wale4u2007:
It,s quite unfortunate,these two jobsites had been hijacked by hackers(Scammers).Don't know why their Database Manager cannot do anything about it . Just don,t know .Do you know that same thing happened to me.

I had to log into their website and remove all my details, including my passport.
I think you should also try that too cuz its better safe than sorry...
Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by oladayo042: 4:41pm On Nov 15, 2014
francizy:
You subscribe to a website (Jobfairng.com) event with your details and because Jobberman is a partener to jobfairng, Jobberman will then have access to your details too. Can Jobfairng.com explain to me why they dished out my information along with my main/important email address to jobberman, as in who does that??
They don't have to explain. They dished it out to Jobberman because it is under their terms and conditions. I've not read their T&C before but I am damn sure that there will be a line like "We reserve the right to share your info with our partners blah blah blah." Next time, read the fine prints.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by francizy(m): 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
oladayo042:
They don't have to explain. They dished it out to Jobberman because it is under their terms and conditions. I've not read their T&C before but I am damn sure that there will be a line like "We reserve the right to share your info with our partners blah blah blah." Next time, read the fine prints.

Who reads those lengthy gibberish?? undecided
What if I go thru that stuff and I don't see a line like that, can I sue them? grin cool
Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by oladayo042: 6:26am On Nov 16, 2014
francizy:

Who reads those lengthy gibberish?? undecided
What if I go thru that stuff and I don't see a line like that, can I sue them? grin cool
Unfortunately, I can't even find a T&C on their website. I don't know if someone who is registered can find it.

This is from employers' FAQ:
Can I get screened CVs before the event?
Yes, you can if you subscribe to our premium package. For more information, click here or contact Chinedu on qwerty@jobfairngdot dom or call XX,XX,XX
There is no way an organisation organising job fairs will not send your CV around.

If you go through the T&C and you can't find such line, what good will suing them do? It's like suing MTN for spamming me with unwanted messages that I have opted out from several times.
Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by francizy(m): 6:58am On Nov 16, 2014
oladayo042:
Unfortunately, I can't even find a T&C on their website. I don't know if someone who is registered can find it.

This is from employers' FAQ:There is no way an organisation organising job fairs will not send your CV around.

If you go through the T&C and you can't find such line, what good will suing them do? It's like suing MTN for spamming me with unwanted messages that I have opted out from several times.

OK, now I get it..
They send CVs out and jobberman does the job of copying and pasting peoples email in their database..
Maybe I should sue jobberman then grin grin grin grin
Or what do you think? smiley
Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by Brozok: 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
the worst is naij.job, carees24.com, the GNLD guyz always post fake jobs on the site and they will never use medropro as usual.
they even use names of multinational companies.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by ilori1930(m): 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
Same with me. I have stopped applying through jobberman and have since unsuscribed (but for wia?) they keep flooding me with their fake ads. Those guys made a name for themselves but are now messing up.

1 Like

Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by Zikkie(f): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Was wondering o! Cos I subscribed for job adverts on jobrapido and everyday I get vacancies of companies within Ibadan, names I can't even fathom! Isshhhh

2 Likes

Re: Why Are These Job Sites: Jobberman, Job.naij And Jobrapido So Annoying!? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 08, 2015
Jobberman and Naijahotjobs Refuse to repent and kept spamming me with emails. The solution that finally worked for me was to sign into the sites and change my email address. Gave them an old Addy so they could spam away while I kept my real email for other serious matters.

(1) (Reply)

Ford Foundation Scholarship Is Here Again / Recruitment At Propetrol Limited. / Federal Ministry Of Water Resources 2018 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.