Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Goal Scorer In European Championship History - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Goal Scorer In European Championship History (485 Views)

Odion Ighalo Is The Highest Goal Scorer In England In 2015 / Echejile Disqualified As First Goal Scorer Against Tahiti / Super Eagles' All-time Highest Goal Scorers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Becomes Highest Goal Scorer In European Championship History by 247tops(m): 5:38pm On Nov 15, 2014
Cristiano Ronaldo rewrote the European Championship record books on Friday night against Armenia after scoring the winner in the 72nd minute of the match. The Ballon d’Or holder has now scored 23 goals for his nation and currently stands as the highest goal scorer in the history of the European championships (both qualifiers and finals). By scoring against Armenia in front of the home fans, the Portuguese surpassed former Danish international John Dahl Tomasson who previously held the record with 22 goals.
After rescuing his side from an embarrassing draw against Armenia, Ronaldo admitted that breaking the record in front of the home crowd primarily satisfied him rather than the record itself. "The record? It's just another one. I knew it would come sooner or later. I still have a lot of games to play,” he said. I'm happy, mainly because I broke the record in front of our fans. It's a special moment," he added.

Source: http://247tops..com/2014/11/cristiano-ronaldo-becomes-highest-goal.html

(1) (Reply)

Romario: Neymar Will Surpass Messi But Can Never Be Better Than Me. / Yaya Toure Wins 100th Ivory Coast Cap As Elephants Qualify For Nations Cup. / Who Is Who?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.