Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? (2223 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Questions On The Biblical Account Of The Garden Of Eden / Biodiversity And Species Distribution, How Does It Fit With The Flood Neotic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by IDINRETE: 7:48pm On Aug 07, 2006
is the biblical account of the flood truthful?
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2006
Go ask Noah, shem, Ham or Japhet they would have a better idea. Or BTW are you also wondering if this guys existed at all?
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by KAG: 9:26pm On Aug 07, 2006
IDINRETE:

is the biblical account of the flood truthful?

That's a pretty loaded question, no? Put it this way, it's a midrash. Read it, not as history, but as a teaching (if you are so inclined).
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by KAG: 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2006
davidylan:

Go ask Noah, shem, Ham or Japhet they would have a better idea. Or BTW are you also wondering if this guys existed at all?

You wouldn't happen to have their e-mail addresses on you, would you?
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2006
KAG:

You wouldn't happen to have their e-mail addresses on you, would you?

you may try;
noah_ark@flood.com

1 Like

Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by goodguy(m): 10:13pm On Aug 07, 2006
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by KAG: 10:28pm On Aug 07, 2006
davidylan:

you may try;
noah_ark@flood.com

cheesy. Noah says hello.

thebadguy:

@IDINRETE:

Perhaps, these links below could answer your question.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/04/0427_040427_noahsark.html
http://www.noahsarksearch.com/davedeal.htm
http://www.arkdiscovery.com/noah's_ark.htm
http://www.worldviewweekend.com/secure/cwnetwork/article.php?&ArticleID=813
http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/notark.html
http://www.christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a001.html
http://www.space.com/news/060309_ark_update.html
http://www.wyattmuseum.com/noahs-ark-07.htm

Cheers.

Anybody apart from godless heathens want to tackle this one? I'll give you a hint of where he started to go wrong, Ron "I found the blood of Jesus" Wyatt. That's just a start. Another hint would be, how many boatish stones are on the mountains, and how boatish is the one they chose inspite of the others. So, have at it!

Meh! One of your links: http://www.users.bigpond.com/rdoolan/notark.html Intentional?
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by KAG: 10:44pm On Aug 07, 2006
thebadguy:

http://www.worldviewweekend.com/secure/cwnetwork/article.php?&ArticleID=813

Cheers.

I remember posting that link on another forum, a good while ago, with something of a rebuttal after it (some of you who frequent that forum would of course remember it was the one titled "Noah's ark found…again.). What I liked about the article - and I still find it hilarious - was this part:

"Bob's team consisted of a "Who's Who" of business, law, and ministry leaders including Barry Rand (former CEO of Avis), the author and Christian apologist Josh McDowell, Frank Turek (co-author with Norm Geisler of I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist), Boone Powell (former CEO of Baylor Medical Systems), and Arch Bonnema (president of Joshua Financial)."

I mean why bother taking somebody who works in a field that deals with things like artifacts, petrification, etc, like say - I don't know - a geologist, or even an archeologist. Nah, businessmen, lawyers, and ministry leaders are just as good, because as we all know, Creationists are usually excellent at geology anyway…especially the Young Earth Creationists.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by nferyn(m): 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2006
Maybe the inquiring minds can have a look at this. Explains quite extensively why the flood account is physically impossible.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 11:03pm On Aug 07, 2006
it is only an atheist that will say dat flood thing is impossible. God can do anything he so wishes and not even what man wrote can understand the work of God. go figure. either u believe or u dont.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2006
There were two great floods actually. So which one is being referred to here?

The bible says a lot of things that have been derived from other older books so it will be partly truthful.

Not sure if a guy named Noah actually took in every single animal on the boat. i think it was just their DNA he collected. undecided
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2006
DNA? what da hell? u kidding right? come on. dat is way far back b4 science and technology.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2006
dondele:

it is only an atheist that will say that flood thing is impossible. God can do anything he so wishes and not even what man wrote can understand the work of God. go figure. either u believe or u don't.

Why does everyone refer to 'GOD' as a male?
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2006
have you got a problem with that?
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2006
You forget or probably dont know that ancient egyptians were professionals when it came to performing laser operations.
DNA why not?

After all,

dondele:

God can do anything he so wishes and not even what man wrote can understand the work of God. go figure. either u believe or u don't.

wink
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 11:30pm On Aug 07, 2006
you are funny.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2006
me? Not really as i already know the truth. That is why i do not get wound up by such statements, just want to find out your reasoning behind it.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:34pm On Aug 07, 2006
You are funnier
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2006
lol, well, i have been using He or Him to represent him since childhood and He said He made us in his form so i guess He is a Man then.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:39pm On Aug 07, 2006
er no 'GOD' did not say that! the men who overlooked the putting together of the stories in the bible said that. As far as i know 'GOD' is more than one being. Same men declared that 'Jesus' was the only Son of God. Anyway that is what religion does to people. Turns them into sheep.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 11:42pm On Aug 07, 2006
dont make me come there cuzz i aint no sheep. tongue
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:45pm On Aug 07, 2006
Oh really now? lol
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 11:46pm On Aug 07, 2006
wink
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by KAG: 11:51pm On Aug 07, 2006
dondele:

it is only an atheist that will say that flood thing is impossible. God can do anything he so wishes and not even what man wrote can understand the work of God. go figure. either u believe or u don't.

Actually no. Many Christians who've looked at the lac of evidence for a worldwide flood, have dismissed it too, including the Christian geologists that were part of other geologists that falsified the FLOOD (ALL CAPS) over a century ago. Let's also not forget the many other theists of otehr religions, and the agnostics that also don't believe a worldwide flood occured.

Brown-Eyes:

There were two great floods actually. So which one is being referred to here?

The bible says a lot of things that have been derived from other older books so it will be partly truthful.

Not sure if a guy named Noah actually took in every single animal on the boat. i think it was just their DNA he collected. undecided

It literally doesn't get any weirder…actually, it probably does. So, were your two floods worldwide floods too?
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:55pm On Aug 07, 2006
Are you flirting with me Mr Dondele?
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 11:57pm On Aug 07, 2006
are u in your 30s? if yes den i aint but if no den i am.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2006
@ KAG

Yes if you check the older versions of the bible, just before they realised it needed tampering with again, it mentions one flood before the creation of mankind the second time around.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 11:59pm On Aug 07, 2006
Well i am in my 30s so you def cannot be experienced enough to handle my flirtations. Trust!
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 12:00am On Aug 08, 2006
dat dont mean i cant handle you the other way around.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by KAG: 12:01am On Aug 08, 2006
Brown-Eyes:

@ KAG

Yes if you check the older versions of the bible, just before they realised it needed tampering with again, it mentions one flood before the creation of mankind the second time around.

First, if they were world wide floods then the evidence still says no, it didn't happen. Second, care to back up your claim of tampering? Anything from the older versions of the Bible should do, or even the version in question.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by BrownEyes4(f): 12:07am On Aug 08, 2006
@ Don

Enough of the riddles! Get straight to the point.

@KAG

Sorry dont keep any versions of the bible here. If you have an old version say dating back to 1950s you will find something on the 1st flood before recreation.
Re: Is The Biblical Account Of The Flood Truthful? by dondele(m): 12:08am On Aug 08, 2006
which riddles? i was straight to the point.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does It Mean To Speak In Tongues / A Question For The Christians / Why We Must Eradicate God Off Our Planet Immediately.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.