Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Help A Fine Girl O - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help A Fine Girl O (1112 Views)

Fine-tuning The New Nairaland: A Programmer’s Perspective / A Fine, Apt Grin Says It All Since You / Fine Website By Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Fine Girl O by leojennysmart(f): 8:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
Lol,i know the subject is misleading but i couldn't think of better ways to draw the needed attention.
Please sweethearts , I've got some sort of online life going on for me and some things are starting to get confusing.
I admits,I'm ignorant when it comes to ict , i just uses normal common sense and follow instructions to keep me going.
On Facebook,i have a group'proudly Igbo' and a page'Igbo got talent' which is doing fairly well.
Not until someone draw my attention to some stuffs.
Please should i purchase a domain name?
How much will they debit from my visa card?
Is it really necessary?

Again,i was playing with my smart phone and before i could say jack! I created a blog.

Now though i might be ignorant but i know some due processes have to be followed.
How do i secure a domain name?
No charge was taken from me,this blog was created on blogger.
What tips do i need to make this successful?
Right now,I'm totally clueless,could someone be kind enough to tell me what to do and how to do it?

And this is a very different blog,i will be blogging about a particular interest and passion.
How do i place ads on it and also make it available to search engines?

Forgive my ignorance once again but I'm a fast learner.
Check out the blog
bellaigbotic..com

Thanks guys!
Re: Help A Fine Girl O by leojennysmart(f): 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2014
Please!I need advise,help out,don't just observe and walk away
Re: Help A Fine Girl O by ifoundmyperfect: 9:52pm On Nov 15, 2014
Start off with a blog first... Its free!
When the need sets in, you may switch to own your own domain "bellaigbotic.com/net/biz or whatever you like...
Its not just about owning a website, asides monthly/annual costing, its equally not so cheap to maintain or get add-ins to make it rich. Start from somewhere first...

#my1cent

1 Like

Re: Help A Fine Girl O by leojennysmart(f): 10:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
ifoundmyperfect:
Start off with a blog first... Its free!
When the need sets in, you may switch to own your own domain "bellaigbotic.com/net/biz or whatever you like...
Its not just about owning a website, asides monthly/annual costing, its equally not so cheap to maintain or get add-ins to make it rich. Start from somewhere first...

#my1cent

Wow,thank you!
Re: Help A Fine Girl O by WebHostingPal: 10:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
leojennysmart:
Lol,i know the subject is misleading but i couldn't think of better...

To be honest with you, it's better and easier for you to keep on blogging. Looking at your blog, you haven't got a lot going on there at the moment, so having a personalised website may not be beneficial at this early stage if you know what I mean.

Once your blog is ready and you have created enough interesting articles based on your niche, then you can start inviting your facebook group followers over. Obviously you need to have written quality articles on the blog that will make your followers come back reading.

You don't necessarily need to have your own domain and web hosting account yet, unless you want a personalised website and go branding, which in my opinion, a fresher may find too demanding.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Re: Help A Fine Girl O by leojennysmart(f): 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2014
WebHostingPal:

To be honest with you, it's better and easier for you to keep on blogging. Looking at your blog, you haven't got a lot going on there at the moment, so having a personalised website may not be beneficial at this early stage if you know what I mean.

Once your blog is ready and you have created enough interesting articles based on your niche, then you can start inviting your facebook group followers over. Obviously you need to have written quality articles on the blog that will make your followers come back reading.

You don't necessarily need to have your own domain and web hosting account yet, unless you want a personalised website and go branding, which in my opinion, a fresher may find too demanding.

Hope this helps!

Yes,it sure does,thank you.
I just started today.
Re: Help A Fine Girl O by WebHostingPal: 10:44pm On Nov 15, 2014
leojennysmart:

Yes,it sure does,thank you.
I just started today.

Ok, don't worry, you will be fine.

Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Help A Fine Girl O by miracle4(m): 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2014
firstly, a custom domain doesn't cost much and I'll always advice you start up something by doing it the right way.

In my own little capacity as a techy, I can help a fast learner like you easily.

Just send a mail to projects (at) 3ptechies.com with your username as the subject.

you will get from me a copy of "blogging to the bank" and "a-z on how to blog the right way".

I'll also help you put your blog on a custom domain (u can get from domain king for NGN500 or less) all for free.

Much Regards

1 Like

Re: Help A Fine Girl O by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2014
Add me on Facebook

1 Like

Re: Help A Fine Girl O by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
The aspect you need is the technical part. You already have the contents.
Although Am not an advocate of blog. I just dont like it.
But if you need free website then contact me at
bambeolumide@gmail.com
good job

1 Like

Re: Help A Fine Girl O by leojennysmart(f): 2:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
Contacting you guys asap.

(1) (Reply)

How Many Domains Can I Buy With 0.99 On Godaddy / 10 Most Popular Torrent Sites Of 2015 / How To Hack Website, Web Application, And Internet Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.