Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Is Getting Married The Only Thing That Makes A Young Man Responsible? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Getting Married The Only Thing That Makes A Young Man Responsible? (448 Views)

Lifeless Body Of A Young Man In Yaba, Lagos (Photos) / Urgent! This Young Man Was Declared Missing In Kano / Tanker Accident Claims Life Of Young Man In Enugu State....Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Getting Married The Only Thing That Makes A Young Man Responsible? by itsik(m): 9:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
Hello people. Please I will like the house or matured people here to help me on this issue. Must a guy who is working and lives on his own be married before he is said to be responsible?

I got a job sometime last 2yrs. A job that pays over #100k a month. And the typical me an not comfortable yet with it cos that's not where I see myself ending up.

The thing is, everyone, my colleagues, parents, friends, even enemies are of the view that I should go and get married. Am in my late twenties. 28 to be precise. To me its not the first or even among the first ten things on my mind. But believe u me, my parent are on my case. The worst is their is this single colleague of mine that has sworn to make the office unbearable for me. She's single oooooo hmmmm.

I once engaged her in an argument and she told me that I should get married no matter what. I said even if am not mentally ready. And my salary can't take care of me not to talk of another. She said that is why I should get married so I will understand life, that I and my wife will suffer it together. shocked

I feel that wickedness. Why would u force people to get married when they tell u they aren't ready. We still mount pressure on them. The other day my mum got a girl's number for me. She's a medical doctor. But I don't care. I am not ready to

What pained me the most is if u tell them do they want to see u suffering with your wife and maybe children till u stabilise. You hear them say, that's the right thing that it happens. That it makes u a man?

Also they are of the view that am irresponsible since an not married. That marriage is the only thing that makes a man responsible. Please who propounded this theory?
Please nairalanders help me cos even in that my office its now like a competition, every young man there is getting married this year. And u look like a judas. Though I wanna get married when I get to 30.
Re: Is Getting Married The Only Thing That Makes A Young Man Responsible? by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 16, 2014
Paddle your canoe yourself.
It's your life,your decision and your business...

As for the lady giving you headache in your office,It would only cost you N50 to treat her Bleep up,here's how it works;
Get a pen and a paper,write "I WILL NOT MARRY YOU",take it to a cyber cafe and print two bold copies,then paste on her office door and table..
Re: Is Getting Married The Only Thing That Makes A Young Man Responsible? by eleojo23: 10:45am On Nov 16, 2014
I will get married but it will be when I want to. Society isn't going to pressure me to dance to their tune and later regret it. When the problems arise, you'll hear them saying things that will shock you and you would wonder if they were the same people who pushed you into that situation.

Take your time, plan your life and get married when you are ready.
And when you get married, have a good home and people would forget all this brouhaha that's going on now.

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Bonanza..bonanza..bonanza!!! / Is Obasanjo's New Book His Last Punch? / Why Do Toddlers Call "Daddy" Before Any Other Names?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.