Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,084 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Threading The Right Path - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Threading The Right Path (5817 Views)

The Lonely Path ( A Short Story About A Cancer Patient) / Braided Path--a Vampire Tale... / Crimson - The right to decide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Threading The Right Path by tolajumoke(f): 8:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
I hope Tolajumoke is not a criminal or a bad person o...#blinking eyes with innocent look#
Re: Threading The Right Path by Angelina996(f): 9:41am On Nov 20, 2014
MTN can behave stupid @times, u knw! Very nice write-up! Kudos to Jelailah...o ya nao
Re: Threading The Right Path by tolajumoke(f): 8:37am On Nov 21, 2014
48hrs without update.... #sad#
jelailah oooo...comman continue the story o

1 Like

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 9:46am On Nov 21, 2014
tolajumoke:
48hrs without update.... #sad#
jelailah oooo...comman continue the story o
abeg no vex. Its loading...
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 10:42am On Nov 21, 2014
Later in the week...

"Hello, this is Angelina from JAMZIG telecommunications company. I would love to speak with Mr Olawale Omotolani"

"Yes, I'm Olawale Omotolani", Tola said frowning.

"I'm glad to inform you that you have been offered a job in our company"

"What?! Really?! Are you serious?!", Tola said in shock.

"Yes sir, a copy of the offer and benefits package have been sent to your email. You'll find every information you need there"

"Ah! Yes! Yes! Yes! I made it...", Tola was shouting and jumping with excitement. When he finally decided to calm down, he checked his email for the offer and benefit package. "4.2 million naira per annum?! 350k per month?! Wow! That's great for a start!". Tola began to sing Femi's b'aye mola.

"A pe ko to je ko ni je ibaje, ewo orisa ni. Won ni oni suuru lo ni ohun gbogbo...". The song started bringing dead memories to life.

Tola was barely 10 years old when he lost his mother. His parents got divorced when he was an infant and he had been with his mother since then. Things were going smoothly with his mother doing many odd jobs to give him a good life. Not until that fateful day. The day that monsterous being made his lovely picture of a future with his mother a night mare. He was little but he knew her mother's boss wanted her to do something she didn't like but she declined. He forced her to do it and it killed her. "He raped her to death!", Tola shouted with tears in his eyes. He had vouched to make the rich cry since that day. Not until...

"Kpon! Kpon!"

A knock at the door interrupted his thought. "Ki lo de?!" (what is it?), Tola shouted.

"Kangol ni, Daddy n pe e jo" (Daddy is calling you), Bayo answered.

"Mo ti gbo" (I have heard), he said vexed.

After 5 minutes, Tola was in the sitting room with his family.

"Tolani", his father called

"Sir", Tola answered.

"I have talked to Mr Fola, the owner of the boutique in the next street. He said he needs a sales boy. We've agreed that you start work there on monday"

"I'm not interested dad. I've gotten a job"

"Which job? Stealing just like your mother right"

"Don't you dare mention my mother again!", he defended, walking out on them.

1 Like

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jamzig1(m): 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
Interesting...keep it up
Re: Threading The Right Path by Olubodef(m): 12:57pm On Nov 21, 2014

Will comment after reading d story
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 1:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
After 5 minutes, Tola was in the sitting room with is family...((( His))).... Thumbs Up... Happy resumption in advance
Re: Threading The Right Path by Olubodef(m): 11:39am On Nov 23, 2014
Wat a nice story bt u nid 2 work on ur explanation
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 1:19pm On Nov 23, 2014
Olubodef:
Wat a nice story bt u nid 2 work on ur explanation
tanx. Noted
Re: Threading The Right Path by Angelina996(f): 9:09am On Nov 24, 2014
Hmmm...Angelina frm JAMZIG telecommunications company!!!

U r surely goin higher @Jelailah, carry dey go joor.
Re: Threading The Right Path by Angelina996(f): 10:56am On Nov 27, 2014
Jelailah, y uno continue dis write-up nah?
Me dey wait o...
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 11:23am On Nov 27, 2014
Angelina996:
Jelailah, y uno continue dis write-up nah?
Me dey wait o...
am very sorry. Stress at wrk and also preparatn 4 skul.
Re: Threading The Right Path by Olubodef(m): 2:48pm On Nov 27, 2014
Jelailah

U must finish dis tori b4 Funaab resume oooooo or else I go report u 2 Dr Adebiyi
Re: Threading The Right Path by Angelina996(f): 9:32am On Nov 28, 2014
Jelailah:
am very sorry. Stress at wrk and also preparatn 4 skul.
Okies... Just try and get it goin pls.. Wish to meet u @sch anywayz. In what dept/level r u? #me_EMT/DE

1 Like

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 2:50pm On Nov 28, 2014
Angelina996:

Okies... Just try and get it goin pls.. Wish to meet u @sch anywayz. In what dept/level r u? #me_EMT/DE
mts fresher
Re: Threading The Right Path by Angelina996(f): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
Jelailah:
mts fresher
Will u be in sch tomao? I'm gonna start ma registratn tomorrow.
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
Angelina996:

Will u be in sch tomao? I'm gonna start ma registratn tomorrow.
Insha Allah (by God's grace)
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 5:31am On Dec 03, 2014
CHAPTER THREE

The alluminium-made roofings of the Saani's duplex rumbled as the wind swept along the Surulere area of Lagos State. The Saani's are the owner of the duplex where Tola and his family lived. They've been living their for over 20 years now. They were the oldest tenants in the house. Some people have even given them the name "OLD TENANT". That has attracted so much respect and they were like the next in line after the landlord.

It was already 10:00pm as Tola looked through the window once again. It was going to rain anytime from then. The wind blew some dust in his eyes and he quickly tucked his head back into his room.

He looked at the mirror again, making sure he was perfect in his blue t-shirt and blue jeans. He bought the jeans in yaba the day before. It will take a person with spiritual eyes to know it was from yaba. It looked as new as any trousers bought in an expensive boutique in V.I. Or maybe that was what he thought. After convincing himself that he looked good, he checked to know if he had enough money. He nodded with satisfaction after discovering that he had close to 30 thousand naira with him. His father had stopped giving him his monthly allowance for about 3 months now but he still had enough money with him. He had his non-lavish lifestyle to thank for that.

Tola took a last glance at his room. Then, made his way to the front door. His friends had made him promise to celebrate his new job for them. He had told them he doesn't have that much with him. But, Ikeola, his bestfriend had offered to take care of that. He told him he would pay for it and Tola would pay him back after collecting his salary. He hadn't even started the job and they're already budgeting the salary.

It was already 12:00am in the morning and it was very hot in the club. As Tola made his way to the bar, he stopped to do the shoki dance when lil keshi's shoki song hitted the air waves. He was so engrossed in his shoki that he didnt realise he had fingere.d a lady sitting near him in her eyes.

As he "shokied" to the bar, he knew the lady was saying something but the sound of the music playing so loud wasn't able to let him hear what she was saying. He just "shokied" away ignoring whatever she was saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 6:05am On Dec 03, 2014
vykta, angelina, luv4tv, tolajumoke, jamzig, bhumhite, olubodef and others. Oya cm nd read. I don update o. I'll update again later in the day
Re: Threading The Right Path by vykta: 8:46am On Dec 03, 2014
Jelailah:
vykta, angelina, luv4tv, tolajumoke, jamzig, bhumhite, olubodef and others. Oya cm nd read. I don update o. I'll update again later in the day
#GrabsChair&ReadingGlasses
Re: Threading The Right Path by Angelina996(f): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
Jelailah:
Insha Allah (by God's grace)

Amen! ...or r u the one I met with dis morning?...together with Debby?, that we talked abt attestatn letter?
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2014
Angelina996:

Amen! ...or r u the one I met with dis morning?...together with Debby?, that we talked abt attestatn letter?
whr? Is it whr dey do photocopy
Re: Threading The Right Path by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 03, 2014
Update this story now!!!!!!!!
Re: Threading The Right Path by tolajumoke(f): 1:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
book space..will fara bale read it wen I get back to hostel
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2014
ikeola i don update. Will mk anoda one 2nyt by God's grace
Re: Threading The Right Path by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2014
Alright, I will expecting your update tonight.
Re: Threading The Right Path by tolajumoke(f): 12:20pm On Dec 07, 2014
more pls... sad
Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2014
Continuation...

Bimpe moaned, yawned and rubbed her eyes while rolling from one side of the bed to another. It was the second time her phone was ringing and to her, it felt as if the caller had called over a 100 times already. She opened her eyes relatively, looked at the clock at her bedside. It was already past 12 in the afternoon, and she was still in bed. "It was a saturday", she said, convincing herself that there was nothing wrong with that. She hadn't recovered from the hangover of the night before.

She came back from work earlier than usual due to the fact that the call she received from T.J earlier in the week had innoculated some discombobulation into her system. She had gone to the club with a view to finding some solace over there. She had been having a nice time not until that ediot decided to blind her. She hissed, remembering the events that took place.

She sat up to look at the mirror knowing there was nothing wrong with her eyes. But as a person that's always wary of her looks she couldn't help but confirm. As she widened her eyes, taking a last look at the mirror realisation struck her. "The handsome guy! Yes, he was the one! Yes it was him", she said like a person who just found the solution to a very hard puzzle, almost screaming. Although, the different coloured lights in the club made it almost impossible to recognise him, she was sure he was the one. The rude guy that insulted her because she mistakenly splashed water on him. The insult he gave her wasn't enough, now he wants to blind her. She bit her finger, promising herself she was going to make him pay the next time they met.

"What do I do without your smart mouth, drawing me in and you kicking me out..."

Her phone was ringing again. She had made the song her ringtone because it was her favourite. She had promised herself that she was going to walk down the aisle to the song. She smiled at that thought.

She reluctantly picked up her phone wondering who the unknown caller was.

"Hello", she said scornfully.

"Eh eh...you finally picked my call", the person at the other end said.

"T.J?"

"Ah ah ah...now you recognise my voice. Hope you've not forgotten about our appointment, 5pm at Luv4tv bar. Don't keep me waiting"

The line went off before she could say any word.

"This week is a cursed one", she said to herself buring her face in her hands.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Threading The Right Path by Jelailah(f): 10:00am On Dec 14, 2014
tolajumoke
Re: Threading The Right Path by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2014
In DJ Khaled's voice: Another one!!!!!!!
Re: Threading The Right Path by tolajumoke(f): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2014
more o...biko

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Get Grammarly Premium, And Take Your Writing To An Enhanced Professional Level. / Accused / Why I Decided To Use My Right Hand- Akintayo Akinjide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.