Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,417 members, 7,800,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

How To Change Your Wordpress Login Panel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Change Your Wordpress Login Panel (438 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Finally There's A Plugin You Can Use To Send Bulk Sms From Your Wordpress Site / Hacking: How To Back Up Your Wordpress Site To Google Drive And Restore Easily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Change Your Wordpress Login Panel by Xphantom(m): 3:04am On Nov 16, 2014
This is a way of preventing hackers to be able to login to your wp-admin panel, since they know the url they might perform attacks on it&succeed.

How to;
-Login to your wordpress dashboard

- Click plugins > add new > then search the plugin called itheme security, install activate the plugin.

-Now goto dashboard menu, click setting > security

-You’ll see tabs like; dashboard, setting, advance, backup, log etc. Click on Setting and you’ll be directed to a new page.

-At the settings page, scroll down below and
under the hide login area, tick the box closed to enable backend feature and you’ll be prompted to enter the word you’ll like your default admin login url(wp-admin) to be replaced with, replace with your desired word when prompted to enter a new word in the box e.g back-off and click save all changes.

That's it, your admin panel login url has just successfully been changed and accessible only via www.your-site-url.tld or whatever/back-off or the word you replaced wp-admin with.

#stay_safe.
Re: How To Change Your Wordpress Login Panel by uanda(m): 8:36am On Nov 16, 2014
Not sleeping has really given you enough inspiration.

Thanks for this.

1 Like

Re: How To Change Your Wordpress Login Panel by Xphantom(m): 10:08am On Nov 16, 2014
uanda:
Not sleeping has really given you enough inspiration.

Thanks for this.

Thanks.

If you can help with a job like that @ my signature, I'd appreciate. And if you can help with a .com or .net domain name or a starter paid hosting, please let me know. Thanks.
Re: How To Change Your Wordpress Login Panel by eventsms(m): 5:41am On Nov 17, 2014
nice. it work in www.okekechidi.com

(1) (Reply)

An African Job Search Engine For Africans / Is It True That Wordpress Is Under Attack? / Grant You Unlimited Use Of My Marketers Toolbox

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.