Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls (1463 Views)

Unimpressive Rally By Goodluck Jonathan In Yola, As Many People Left As He Spoke / Tension In Yola As Incarcerated Soldiers Attempt Jail Break / DHQ Releases Photos Of Military Operation To Liberate Gombi, Pelia And Hong. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Franceska(f): 9:33am On Nov 16, 2014
The township of Hong and Gombi in Adamawa state
were sacked and occupied by Boko Haram militants
today as Nigerian troops protecting the townships
fled due to superior firepower of the militants.
In Hong township, the militants took over the town and
burnt down a police station and homes of notable
indigenes.
Nigerian troops leaving Maiha in droves as Boko
Haram fighters approach
The militants also arrived at Gombi and took over the
township in retaliation against Nigerian troops that earlier
drove them away from the town. The troops fled without
resistance.
Several residents of the towns have arrived in Yola, the
Adamawa state capital with gory tales of untold suffering,
death and injury visited upon their communities by the
rampaging militants. A Nigerian soldier who fled with
others told us that the militants have
regained control of Mubi and Maiha after several hunters
liberated the townships. I could not independently verify his claims. The capture of Gombi and Hong has sent jitters down the spine of residents of Yola the state capital. The militants are only some 100 kilometers from the state capital.
In recent videos, Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau had
vowed to capture the state capitals of several northeastern
states.
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Ambrogio(m): 9:48am On Nov 16, 2014
Space bought
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Cannonleo(m): 11:24am On Nov 16, 2014
Who has on the ground.info all these suspense don 2 much
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by BlackTechnology: 11:34am On Nov 16, 2014
If US won't sell weapons to Nigeria

Let us challenge our best minds to build advanced weapons with the promise to give them the contract to

1) teach our military intellectuals

2) mass produced their weapons at DICON or any other industry within Nigeria.

I can beat my chest that someone in Nigeria can produced

1) a portable automatic rifle whose bullets can travel 3km
2) an attack helicopter
3) light fighter jet
4) Tanks
5)etc

I miss Ojukwu Biafra who used situations like this to showcase to the world that black race are not monkeys but humans with the best of minds.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Arch1: 11:35am On Nov 16, 2014
I got a very disturbing SITREP this morning that contrary to media report, the city of Mubi is still in the control of Boko Haram. Hong and Gombi has also fallen and an assault against Yola is imminent
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by juman(m): 12:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
What a country.

The township of Hong and Gombi in Adamawa state
were sacked and occupied by Boko Haram militants
today as Nigerian troops protecting the townships
fled due to superior firepower of the militants.

In Hong township, the militants took over the town and
burnt down a police station and homes of notable
indigenes.
Nigerian troops leaving Maiha in droves as Boko
Haram fighters approach
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by pendy79: 12:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
Who is fooling who in this country.
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Cannonleo(m): 12:15pm On Nov 16, 2014
I still reply any ground info from yola resisdents here cos the battlespace is becomin clogged with false news and hear says...
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Arch1: 12:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
Cannonleo:
I still reply any ground info from yola resisdents here cos the battlespace is becomin clogged with false news and hear says...
Aminu Gamawa was on AlJazeera yesterday and he attested to the report that Boko Haram have captured Hawul, Gombi and Hong. He was once a Nairalander but i have forgotten his moniker now. However, you can check out his twitter handle @aminugamawa
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by malele(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
Our soldiers moral dey all time Low.
If u watch the video of this boko boys,u will understand that. A serious minded community can take on boko anyhow let alone a countries army.
Really I don't understand what the problem is.
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Cannonleo(m): 12:29pm On Nov 16, 2014
Arch1:
Aminu Gamawa was on AlJazeera yesterday and he attested to the report that Boko Haram have captured Hawul, Gombi and Hong. He was once a Nairalander but i have forgotten his moniker now. However, you can check out his twitter handle @aminugamawa

Aminu
The guy dat appeared some time ago wtih one camara guy and a former sss officer in ajazeera inside story...abi isnt he the one dat stays in birmingham
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Arch1: 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
Cannonleo:

Aminu
The guy dat appeared some time ago wtih one camara guy and a former sss officer in ajazeera inside story...abi isnt he the one dat stays in birmingham
No
The person you are refering to is Aliyu Musa. The SSS guy is Mike Ejiofor, the former director of SSS while Makmid Kamara is an amnesty international agent. They appeared as guest on the NOV 5th edition of inside story.

Aminu Gamawa was featured during one of their news bulletin yesterday and he claimed that Mubi, Hawul, Hong & Gombi have been captured by Boko Haram
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Cannonleo(m): 1:11pm On Nov 16, 2014
Arch1:
No
The person you are refering to is Aliyu Musa. The SSS guy is Mike Ejiofor, the former director of SSS while Makmid Kamara is an amnesty international agent. They appeared as guest on the NOV 5th edition of inside story.

Aminu Gamawa was featured during one of their news bulletin yesterday and he claimed that Mubi, Hawul, Hong & Gombi have been captured by Boko Haram

Tnks.that kamara guy is a bastard.i happen 2 know him personally.met hin in 2012.he is a big wimp.only finds courage behind camera's
The reason I have my doubts is.because I have a contact in mararaba.on the day maiha was claimed overun..he debunked the claim and told me dat it was certain villages on the outskirts..anoda yola resident confirmed.it .i just contact him a few minutes ago and he made me understand dat
*hong is still fluid(situation)
*gombi* bh was spotted there but were mostly loose infantry units on the run...engaged by combined teams of locals nd troops..
hawal situation cannot be verified by thia time..
Mubi in NA hands.
He compliained dat alot of rumour mongering was going on creating an atmosphere of fear nd misinformation..but in my usual manner I ask if any reliable source down in yola can verify or deny I will humbly retract my statement
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by KnowAll(m): 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
What do we do when u have a very-very-very low moraled armed forces. It is better to start eqipping town folks that are more motivated. NA is finished! undecided
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Franceska(f): 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
Cannonleo:

Tnks.that kamara guy is a bastard.i happen 2 know him personally.met hin in 2012.he is a big wimp.only finds courage behind camera's
The reason I have my doubts is.because I have a contact in mararaba.on the day maiha was claimed overun..he debunked the claim and told me dat it was certain villages on the outskirts..anoda yola resident confirmed.it .i just contact him a few minutes ago and he made me understand dat
*hong is still fluid(situation)
*gombi* bh was spotted there but were mostly loose infantry units on the run...engaged by combined teams of locals nd troops..
hawal situation cannot be verified by thia time..
Mubi in NA hands.
He compliained dat alot of rumour mongering was going on creating an atmosphere of fear nd misinformation..but in my usual manner I ask if any reliable source down in yola can verify or deny I will humbly retract my statement

This is really serious and scary for those of us in the North.
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by donmalcolm21(m): 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2014
With the kind of rubbish news spewed daily by SR I feel like taking my Camera and travel to North East to bring accurate stories so that some SR fans will see the truth and not this rubbish being spewed daily.
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by Franceska(f): 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2014
JUST IN:

Scores have been killed and many others injured as war is raging on in Alakio village of Nasarawa State. Reports say that Fulani herdsmen are presently ravaging the town.
A resident, who simply identified as Naphtali told
newsmen that there is no security presence in the area as
many residents are running to Nasarawa Eggon town for
safety.
Re: Boko Haram Eyes Yola As Hong Andgombi Falls by nduchucks: 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
If one more Nigerian city is captured by Boko haram, believe you me, I will add GEJ'S ..mug shot to my Boko Haram graphics.

(1) (Reply)

No More Joint Account For Local/state Govt —tambuwal / Details Of All APC Governorship Winners. / ***GEJ Versus BUHARI The Vote Start Now****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.