Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,555 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

1forall's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1forall's Profile / 1forall's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 88 pages)

Family / Re: Husband Saves Screenshots Of Our Chats by 1forall: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2022
He'd not save any screenhots if he didn't feel offended so, stop mouthing off and more importantly, stop quarrelling.
Career / Re: Cooking For My Married Boss: Right Or Wrong by 1forall: 4:17pm On Apr 11, 2022
Go home to your parents.
Religion / Re: God Hates Divorce But What Do You Do When One Party Walks Out Of A Marriage? by 1forall: 8:33pm On Mar 27, 2022
Mharvis:
Hello Wonderful people of God,
Now for the Christians among us, you and I know that God hates divorce. No need to start quoting many scriptures you're already aware of but what happens when one of the parties in the marriage isn't interested in the marriage again??

I've seen/heard this God-hates-divorce theory countless times . I want to ask, please, where did God say so? In the Bible or a prophecy?

Or is it a religious saying that has repeatedly been projected onto God and which has found acceptability among Christians?

I'm curious.
Politics / Re: 77 Newly Elected APC National Officials (Full List) by 1forall: 6:43pm On Mar 27, 2022
Elected, or selected

1 Like 1 Share

Politics / Re: Subsidy May Jump By 100% As FG’s Benchmark Oil Price Doubles by 1forall: 6:26pm On Mar 06, 2022
If so, then offset the cost increase with the revenue increase from sales, or how is that difficult? From $62 to $110 is $48/barrel excess, so what are they complaining about?

These guys are high level crooks just setting the stage for their continued looting of excess crude funds.
Travel / Re: FG To Give $100 Each To Ukraine Returnees by 1forall: 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2022
Another looting scheme.
Career / Re: A Repentant Accountant Needs Your Help by 1forall: 1:02pm On Mar 04, 2022
Please, how are we supposed to help you stop stealing? That's the job of your conscience.

And if your conscience is really bothering you; quit the job since you know you can't resist, it's as simple as that.

To come whining online asking faceless people to help you stop stealing is absolutely ridiculous sir. That being said, if you really want to stop so bad go and see a counselor.
Politics / Re: Russia-ukraine War: Fuel Scarcity May Continue, Oil Vessels Face Delay On Sea by 1forall: 10:30am On Feb 28, 2022
Are we importing fuel from Russia/Ukraine? Are vessels not supposed to have been sailing since weeks ago? Instead of admitting they failed to fulfil their crude supply obligations they're blaming scarcity on Russia/Ukraine. What a nonsensical argument!

It seems they want to take advantage of the Ukraine issue to maintain status quo IMO. Crooks!
Career / Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay ? by 1forall: 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2022
elasticlala:

No doubt about that. However, writing good English is not a measure of one’s intelligence, it only shows how well u understand the language. After all, pass marks range from 45 to 100. If they ask u to write a one-page discussion on a topic now, I’m sure one would find some grammatical errors there.

Grammatical errors in a one-page document? LOL. Please speak for yourself, and also stop glorifying mediocrity.
Career / Re: Should I Go Or Should I Stay ? by 1forall: 5:10pm On Feb 25, 2022
elasticlala:
NB: pls don’t mind my grammar o; my PhD is in Computer Science and not in Linguistics and languages.

You don't need a PhD in linguistics to write good grammar.
Politics / Re: Sowore Arrested Over Petition By Ned Nwoko by 1forall: 12:30am On Feb 25, 2022
Need to curb this crook's excesses.
Crime / Re: Canadian Police Kill Latjor Tuel, Abandon Body, Call Ambulance For His Dog (Pix) by 1forall: 9:14am On Feb 24, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
And is there no video to support this claim..no piece of evidence or what..pls a credible source to verify this will be so appreciated..
You can't cry for justice when we don't know how true the story is..
Let the law take it's course. Your opinion is irrelevant.

1 Like

Education / Re: Marwa Seeks Drug Tests For University Students, NDLEA Campus Outposts by 1forall: 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2022
This is a laughable plan at best - go ahead and create a business for those Nigerians that shall be responsible for handling the testing. You can bet the Uni's also shall eventually cash in and make students pay fees for these sham tests if the idea sees the light of day, much like the farce that post-UTME exams became.

Ever since this man was made NDLEA chief, he's been functioning on overdrive and doesn't seem to tire or think before making pronouncements; else the sham and scam that COVID tests and vaccine certificates have become should have taught him a thing or two, but the man just carry military mentality for head.

1 Like

Programming / Re: Please Rate This: My First Data Visualization Project by 1forall: 4:01pm On Feb 07, 2022
Tableau?

Choose charts and colors that are easy on the eye so a layman can look and immediately get the hang of the infographic. A non-techie may have a a difficult time deciphering the data you're trying to present. And I think a white background will project your charts a bit better.

Regardless, it's nice work. Well done!
Programming / Re: Are All Interns Like This? by 1forall: 2:52pm On Feb 07, 2022
A one-year UNPAID internship with full time responsibilities?? Looks like they're after free labour and doesn't make sense.

But someone said they say it's described as unpaid to discourage large volume of applications and to fish out really serious applicants although I don't know how true that is.

My advise: Apply anyway and see how far you go in the recruitment process. If you go far enough to the point where they reiterate that it's unpaid, tell them that you didn't believe that they'd make someone labour for a full year with full responsibilities without compensation, which is why you applied because you believe they're a responsible company. Or something like that.

They should give a stipend for transportation at a minimum - that's the worst that should happen.

So give it a try and see how things go.
Romance / Re: My Future Wife Whatsapp Chat by 1forall: 11:05am On Jan 25, 2022
These hoes ain't loyal!

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by 1forall: 1:50pm On Dec 20, 2021
BlackfireX:

Shut up that ya gutter mouth there
E still pain am grin grin
Foreign Affairs / Re: Chile Elects 35-year-old Gabriel Boric As President by 1forall: 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
BlackfireX:

Will keep that dirty mouth shut... who and who are the BMC....you people always talk rubbish... you are cursing Nigeria and Nigerians you deserve to be jailed
E pain am grin
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG by 1forall: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
If the educational system fails to equip graduates with the right skills for the labour market, who is to blame but the government?

This is a direct admission of failure on the part of government and the ministry of education. And the permanent secretary doesn't even realize it because he's probably a product of the failed educational system himself.

What a shame!

1 Like

Business / Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by 1forall: 11:09am On Nov 10, 2021
Terrence99:

Are you aware that Subomi Balogun the founder of FCMB was banned from holding any position for life in FCMB. He was axed as Chairman and CEO.
His offence? Fraud and round-tripping.

FCMB is an institution built on fraud and headed by philandering adulterers like Nuru Adam

Please, what's your point exactly? That the founder (the founder!) was axed from the bank for his wrongdoing actually demonstrates that the bank values professionalism and integrity.

And what does all that have to do with them coming up with a new banking policy? I think you're being more emotional and biased than objective in your view.

1 Like

Business / Re: Crypto Ban: FCMB Begins Treating Customers Aged 18-30 As Fraud Suspects by 1forall: 11:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
GOFRONT:
FCMB!! This same FCMB that cannot remove the log in his own eyes, now want to remove the spec from another man eye. Same FCMB whose MD was lashing Mr Tunde Thomas wife and got her pregnant just because Mrs Tunde Thomas was working under him in the office.

MD Nuhu impregnated another man's wife and sparked out paternity fraud in another man's family and that action alone sent the man to his early grave........What could be more fraudulent than this??

And they are here going after age bracket of 18-30 yrs as fraudsters...........well, no weapon fashion against our very own damn nigga Slawormir shall prosper!!!!! Inshallah, Insha Jihofa, Insha sango and amadioha.

Please what does their former MD's domestic scandal have to do with their internal banking policy?

And get your information right, Tunde Thomas didn't work for FCMB.

Just because you can type doesn't mean you should just write anything anyhow, misleading scores of people to 'like' your fallacious commentary.
Family / Re: My House Maid Has Become My Madam In My Own Home by 1forall: 8:34am On Nov 08, 2021
MrPresent:

What Are Your Thoughts?

She would be in the comment section reading.

In order to be able to deal with the situation, you should consider and analyze it from the following different perspectives:

1. Your father-in-law (FIL) demonstrated irresponsibility by his actions. He may have his reasons such as being single and lonely, and was possibly getting more attention from the maid than from anyone else before the romance kicked in, but it doesn't justify him sleeping with his son's maid in his son's matrimonial home. But unfortunately, he owns the house and probably doesn't see it so much as his son's matrimonial home, but rather as his house where his son is living with his wife and so feels he can do whatever he wants.

2. It appears you married a Daddy's boy for him to tolerate, accept and even defend his Dad's wrongdoing in his own home. Again, unfortunately, the house belongs to his Dad so it will be difficult; if not impossible, for him to see the situation objectively because he compromised already by living in his father's house. Him asking you to show respect to a staff you hired and who has worked for you for some time tells me that he is trying to please his Dad (maybe he has inheritance somewhere on his mind?). However, a concern this should present to you is that if it is acceptable to him (your husband), then maybe there is a slight chance that he could do something similar in the future.

3. The maid is an opportunist but it is difficult to blame her because in Nigeria, most people are looking for ways to improve their lives and escape poverty. From living under your roof, she saw an opportunity and grabbed it with both hands but put you in an awkward situation in the process.

4. You did not tell us the position of your husband's siblings on this matter.

5. You did not share with us how you may have contributed to the situation; deliberately or otherwise, which is another perspective to view things from.

Having said all that, I should add that I understand and empathize with you on the situation you find yourself. However I believe your living situation (living with your husband and your FIL, in your FIL's house) is mainly responsible for this because:
- if your father lived elsewhere and impregnated his own maid it wouldn't be such a big problem to you,
- if the house was your husband's, either owned or rented, your FIL may have been reluctant to move in with you in the first place and if he did, he may have been more cautious with his affairs in YOUR house.

My advise:
There is no solution to this, you can only try to minimize the effects it has on you/your home since they have already paid dowry. The best mitigation step will be to separate both homes now that Papa has found a wife and loneliness is no longer a problem, and it is left to you to find a way to make that happen.

My suggestions:
1. Since your FIL has many houses all over, he should move with his new wife into one of them so they can 'have their own privacy' and the new wife can 'have her own home'; afterall, they're expecting a baby. You should do all you can to prevent the baby being born into your own place though.

2. Move your home elsewhere. Encourage your husband to build/buy his own house, although I feel he may think it's unnecessary since his father has many, which is a immature mindset. And someone like him won't even be open to the idea of renting a place and being a tenant, so I wish you luck in trying to convince him to buy or build.

3. Get to terms with the situation and find ways to manage your new step-MIL because she's not going anywhere; unfortunately for you, she has become a part of your family. Your husband's compromises will force you to compromise too and the sooner you accept and deal with it, the better for you and your home. Decide on what to call her that will neither upset you, nor offend your husband and FIL. Something neutral like 'our wife', or 'iyawo', or something. Use local language.

PS:
I think your husband is (ignorantly) setting himself up for future problems in his own nuclear family because when Papa's time comes and God calls him home, I foresee your husband and his siblings having problems with their step-mother over inheritance. You say the family is very wealthy - will they be able to handle it when she tries to claim her husband's estate? When your FIL whom your husband is doing everything to please now is no more, that's typically when he will remember that his step-mother was only a maid who his father took from the gutter. And by that time she would have been established in the home with a grown child or children. Hopefully the Papa writes a will that meets every family member's expectations. But it won't be easy.

PS2:
Majority of the comments I have read here show just how low our values have sunk as a people, and it is so very unfortunate. I dare say virtually every single one of those saying it's OK will react in pretty much the same way as the OP, or even worse, if they find themselves in similar shoes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: Niger State Demolishes Kidnapper’s House by 1forall: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
Not inspiring. Is house demolition now the legal punishment for kidnapping? Was the suspect even prosecuted? Smh.

Govt and their high handedness - same way Wike demolished a hotel in PH for violating COVID regulations, and El Rufai another one in Kaduna for wanting to host a sex party.

Absolute disregard for the rule of law!
Properties / Re: Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu by 1forall: 11:42am On Nov 07, 2021
ActuaRise696969:
Why was there so many people including the builder in an uncompleted structure?

Humans are so crazy.

People would've been mostly working. A 21 storey structure will employ tens of contractors who will bring a lot of their workers to site. Some lazy workers could have been sleeping, eating or whatever. At that stage of completion, a few floors may have been used as temporary offices and stores. Contractors and consultants would also hold periodic meetings on site.

Let's not criticize too much, it's just tragic and a total disaster.
Celebrities / Re: 'Nigeria Will Stress you' - Davido's Faces On His American Vs Nigerian Passports by 1forall: 3:11am On Oct 22, 2021
What are we showing off our dual citizenships now
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Is It Okay To Call A Company Regarding Employment? by 1forall: 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
draj93:
I had a similar experience.

A week after the interview, i was called by the Hr and was told have been considered for the job and i ll be on 6 months probabation before i ll be fully staffed. All the terms and condition with the job description was read out to me which i accepted. I asked for a formal offer and he said i ll be contacted soon to come pick it up in the office but all i just need to do now is to first accept the offer through text which i did immediately, i got a reply the following morning with an okay response. A week after, i called to ask for an update and i was told they ll get back to me. Ever since then am yet to get any call or mail from them.

This happened last month (September) and it's a big firm here on the mainland not through any agent.

Have moved on though but am still hopeful

From this and some other comments it appears Naija HR personnel generally lack professional ethics, and can just do anyhow and get away with it. Na wa oh. Naija factor everywhere.
Career / Re: Accountants And HR Personnel I Need Your Assistance Please. by 1forall: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2021
You don't really need 'help' as you're on the right track. The best way to find out what employers want from employees is to look through job vacancy ads which you say you've done already.

Apart from these skills are there other important skills that employers are looking for in prospective employees?
Having already identified the skills and attributes desired of accountants, what more info are you asking for? Why not focus on acquiring the knowledge and skills you've already found out employers want, instead of worrying about what other ones there are?

Just like in Math where you work from the known to the unknown, start from the ones you know and maybe that'll lead you to the ones you don't.

Good luck.
Career / Re: Please I Need Your Advice Here by 1forall: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2021
Sports / Re: Iheanacho Denied Poland Entry, Out Of Legia Warsaw Match by 1forall: 7:06am On Sep 30, 2021
thatigboman1:
Why's wilfred Ndidi banned by the way?

Red card from the Napoli game.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 88 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.