₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,846,075 members, 3,676,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 23 July 2017 at 01:42 PM

1forall's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1forall's Profile / 1forall's Posts

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 80 pages)

Politics / Re: Wike In Charge Of Patience Jonathan’s Mom's Burial by 1forall: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2013
Oh Nigeria! There was a country cry
Education / Re: ASUU Strike Will Be Over In Few Months – Wike by 1forall: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
There was a country cry

1 Like

Career / Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by 1forall: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Saklekplus: People are surgesting that the name should change to NANG so that it can be recognise by the Govt and throughout the nation and it wil give room for more graduates both fresh and old can join....more people that want to join are complaining abt the name,,please,this issue has to be sort out as soon as possible......even the name NANG can match NANS

I completely agree the group needs a name change but I don't think it's the name change that will lead to recognition by government or whoever. I believe it's what the group stands for and does that will get it recognized by the government, private sector, youth, and whoever's recognition the group needs.

Why compare this with NANS? This group should be laying down a completely new benchmark that others will want to copy, not towing the same old lines that have led to nowhere.

If you ask me, that NA-prefix (National/Nigerian Association of ....) is banal - boring, worn out and uninspiring, everyone is used to it. Something fresh and striking would do better justice to the cause this group stands for.
Nairaland / General / Re: Happy Birthday Mukina2!!! by 1forall: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
Happy birthday mukina2! All the best.

1 Like

Career / Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by 1forall: 7:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Oh I see. Well, you know what to do.
Food / Re: 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas by 1forall: 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2013
One rule for the banana eating ladies is: If you MUST eat a banana in public, do not make eye contact with anyone wink

2 Likes

Nairaland / General / Re: What Has Nairaland Taught You? by 1forall: 3:54pm On Oct 18, 2013
That Nigeria is finished.
Career / Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by 1forall: 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2013
^ I can't find where a 3 month notice period was mentioned on this thread.

OP since you say you gave 1 month's notice (which I'm assuming was the contract requirement) you ought to have been paid for that month. However you're obliged to inform them if you received any payment after that.
Career / Re: Monthly Salary After Resigning - Whats Ur Take? by 1forall: 4:20pm On Oct 17, 2013
If you resigned without notice and you know you ought to have paid them one month's salary in lieu, do the right thing and call their HR immediately to report the error. Do not keep quiet thinking their loss is your gain, it's just not worth it.

Remember you would still need a reference from there for your next job, and even if you feel you don't need a reference, the money doesn't belong to you so just do the right thing and report to HR.

4 Likes

Career / Re: CCNA- Help On Where And How To Pursue Your Dream In Networking. by 1forall: 1:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
Free CCNA Scholarship Program In Lagos For Under-graduates And Graduates

http://www.nairaland.com/1455010/free-ccna-scholarship-program-lagos
Politics / Re: National Assembly Plans Prayer To Avert Plane Crashes, Terrorism by 1forall: 12:30pm On Oct 11, 2013
It is finished!

Nigerians, our destiny is completely in our hands. Let's do something before these wastes of space lead the country further to nowhere.

The time is now!
Politics / Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by 1forall: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2013
If these guys are serious Dieziani should have ceased to be a minister ages ago. Hypocritical senators.
Politics / Re: Akpabio Blames Nigeria’s Woes On False Prophecies by 1forall: 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
Did they prophesy that he would rig the senatorial election in his state like he admitted on national TV? Or did they prophesy that he would keep thousands of $$$ in his residence? If the prophecies are FALSE, why is he, an official criminal, bothered?
Politics / Re: Pictures Of Abandoned And Dilapidated Telephone-Booths In Abuja. by 1forall: 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
Rossikk: Those things should be removed from there. Even in London etc you hardly see any phone booths these days. Their era has passed.

Even though phone booths are not in popular use anymore these days, they still exist in the UK and still work. Stop lying.
Nairaland / General / Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduate 53RD INDEPENDENCE Message by The N.C by 1forall: 5:10pm On Sep 30, 2013
Good message. But I thought you've agreed on a new name?

1 Like

Career / Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by 1forall: 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2013
doctoradekokolo: grin
As month don end. grin

What is this one saying?
Career / Re: Which IT Certification Do You Recommend? by 1forall: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2013
All those certs are good and would get you onto a career in IT but why not research your options and find out for yourself?

I say so because the Cisco and Microsoft tracks are in different areas of the IT field which are not exclusive of each other. People can make recommendations but you would best identify what you like when you come across it.

I would suggest narrowing your focus to either MS or Cisco depending on your area of interest in the IT field which from your post seems to be closer to the Cisco side of things.

However your research if well done should reveal to you that there telecoms is a very wide field, and there are many more certs in telecoms than Cisco as virtually every technology provider has their own set of certifications, see an alphabetical list here: http://www.nairaland.com/936273/list-all-it-certifications-1611

Which brings us back to the question: What aspect really interests you?
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2013
Just discovered a power point smiley

librangyps: Why are you worried about what Talent Mine is going to make for their effort to the extent where it is now a fear? I'll be honest and tell you that it's a misplaced fear because it becomes a valid concern only when you are an employee. Please concern yourself more with getting your job applications out there at this stage.

You seem not to realize that your meeting with Femi is a little advantage you already have? It's wise to cast your net wide and so by all means use Talent Mine to your advantage and increase your chances.

Good luck!
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 10:31am On Sep 25, 2013
Will respond later this evening, mobile and saving batt.
Career / Re: Choose Your 5 Most Powerful Skills From This List Of Skills by 1forall: 10:26am On Sep 25, 2013
This is good for CV writing smiley

1 Like

Career / Re: Companies And Allied Matters Act In Nigeria by 1forall: 10:19am On Sep 25, 2013
Oh this is for research? Why don't you give us more information to go on? What is the basis of this research? What is the problem under investigation?

If you create a background to your question it may help drive in contributions cos I think your query is a little vague as it is now.

We're waiting...
Career / Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by 1forall: 1:58am On Sep 25, 2013
Boss13: What are the objectives of this group?

D sage: NAUG, what for?

phil5: What's the need 4 this association?

The above I believe are the questions this group needs to find real answers to and I'm talking about clear, well-defined answers defining its purpose and objectives. If we don't know who we are and why we exist as a group, we certainly can't know where we're heading or whether we're even heading anywhere at all.

mafioso47: if the objective is to draw the attention of the govt to the rising profile of unemployed graduates in the country then it's a good one. But do members have the mindset of remaining unemployed for life? What is the future of the group when it's members gain gainful employment?

It is only AFTER the group purpose and objectives etc have been defined that we can begin to provide adequate answers to the above questions.

Thus NAUG/ANGAU: Define the group identity. Know who we are and why we exist. Let this be CLEAR to all who care to know or ask. Thereafter we can make plans for the achievement of defined objectives.

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 80 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.