₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,678,024 members, 3,164,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 October 2016 at 01:29 AM

1forall's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 1forall's Profile / 1forall's Posts

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 79 pages)

Career / Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members by 1forall: 1:58am On Sep 25, 2013
Boss13: What are the objectives of this group?

D sage: NAUG, what for?

phil5: What's the need 4 this association?

The above I believe are the questions this group needs to find real answers to and I'm talking about clear, well-defined answers defining its purpose and objectives. If we don't know who we are and why we exist as a group, we certainly can't know where we're heading or whether we're even heading anywhere at all.

mafioso47: if the objective is to draw the attention of the govt to the rising profile of unemployed graduates in the country then it's a good one. But do members have the mindset of remaining unemployed for life? What is the future of the group when it's members gain gainful employment?

It is only AFTER the group purpose and objectives etc have been defined that we can begin to provide adequate answers to the above questions.

Thus NAUG/ANGAU: Define the group identity. Know who we are and why we exist. Let this be CLEAR to all who care to know or ask. Thereafter we can make plans for the achievement of defined objectives.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Bank Of America Recruiting Participants for Presentation by 1forall: 12:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
If that's true then it's a shame. But I wouldn't give up if I were you, I'd still do my part to the best of my ability.

Have you tried speaking to this Femi dude to find out the status of previous applications? I suggest you do. Let him know you were at the 1st event and have a pending application, and maybe your enthusiasm will shine through and lead you on to something seeing that this is your second time at their recruitment open day and that you're really interested in working with them.
Politics / Re: Jonathan Approves Pensions For Colonial Officers by 1forall: 9:48am On Sep 24, 2013
Davo93: Hmmmmm... nice 1

How is it nice, please tell?

1 Like

Career / Re: Who Is Interested In Moderating This Section? by 1forall: 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2013
Where are all the potential moderators? It funny cos lots of people say they want to moderate on this forum but when the opportunity comes like this one, they're don't turn up.

We're still on the look out for more volunteers.
Politics / Re: President Jonathan Leads 600-man Delegation To UN General Assembly - SaharaRepo by 1forall: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2013
ocelot2006: Lie No 1: The amount given (600) is almost the same amount of personnel in a govt parastal!! Hell, thats a full blown army battalion!
So it's a lie just because it's a large number? I sincerely hope that's not how you reason?

Lie No 2: SR got to "see" the president's iteniary.......really? Do these SR fools expect us to believe that a prestigious hotel in New York will release closely guarded and secretive details about a VISITING HEAD OF STATE to better media houses, talkless of those clowns at SR?
What's 'closely guarded and secretive' about a hotel booking, you think they're at Transcorp?

When are we Nigerians going to wake up?

Nairaland / General / Re: Hbd R231 by 1forall: 10:17am On Sep 21, 2013
Happy birthday! All the best!

1 Like

Politics / Re: N15bn Approved For Anti-oil Theft Equipment by 1forall: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2013
Chai! Naija is indeed a great country! cheesy

They're obviously prepping for elections and I expect to continue to hear more daft excuses to loot in the coming months.

Politics / Re: SURE-P Is Broke, Kolade Tells Senate by 1forall: 8:35am On Sep 20, 2013
This raises so many questions:

Who are these 110, 000 people receiving 10k monthly? How did they qualify for the benefit, is there an application process?

How does 10k monthly alleviate poverty in Nigeria, really? And how is that a 'subsidy re-investment'?

How can they have been 'investing' N13b monthly since 2012 with nothing to show for it?

Can we see what SURE-P has achieved so far, a report, not just these complaints? Or why should we put in more money when we can't evaluate the program?

Hang on, was this the purpose of SURE-P in the first place, sharing money to faceless people, wasn't it purposed for infrastructure development?

Dr Kolade, why have you decided to spoil your hitherto good name this way?

So many questions...

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Flourmill Nigeria Plc by 1forall: 1:07pm On Sep 19, 2013
Moved to Jobs/Vacancies section.
Career / Re: Making The Best Career Move in the US by 1forall: 1:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
DEBOLABI: you have not really answer my question...
my question is it worthwhile? in terms of standard of living over there, employment and salary etc?.

I think it's difficult for someone to satisfactorily answer those questions for you because they're subjective. Also there are many threads here on NL that have discussed the issue extensively, check the travel section or just do a search on the forum in general.

What have you found from your own personal research?

Literature / Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by 1forall: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
kunlesehan: that smallie at the cybercafe she neva ripe reach to receive vaccination from ur census board?

grin grin
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: British American Tobacco (BAT) Management Trainee Manufacturing Programme 2013 by 1forall: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2013
This post..
rommie_7: I won't leave my current job fr wot I dunno.I need to continue taking up my responsibilities,even during the training.

..is almost unbelievable.

1 Like

Career / Re: Need Your Advice by 1forall: 10:54am On Sep 18, 2013
Especially now with the trend moving towards, and creating a new field in Big Data and statistical analysis, I think the prospects are brighter than they've been in a long time.
Career / Re: Need Your Advice by 1forall: 8:15am On Sep 18, 2013
If you Google 'Industrial Mathematics', and if you do other searches including terms like 'Courses' and 'Jobs' I believe you would find a whole lot of information related to the course.

Don't forget to come back and tell us what you find smiley
Career / Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by 1forall: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2013
eddiebruk: I no talk to you in the first place shey you know...? Aproko, mind your business and contribute what you have to contribute and stop quoting me, Ignoramus.

Stop violating the rules of the forum.
Career / Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by 1forall: 8:16pm On Sep 17, 2013
eddiebruk: Abeg bros if you wan contribute, do so without quoting me, abeg, na beg i dey. Thank you.

I've found the best way to avoid being quoted is by not posting at all.

Regarding the topic, if you're not willing to learn, why not let those who are do?

Religion / Re: A Deeper Life Woman End Up In Hell For Using A Rubber Thread by 1forall: 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
No jeans? shocked Heaven business is serious business oh
Career / Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos by 1forall: 8:20am On Sep 17, 2013
^ Is that Napoleon Hill?
Career / Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by 1forall: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
Okay well if that's the case then you know the area you should focus on. Find a close friend or family member who can help you conduct do interviews to help sharpen your communication skills and improve your confidence. Also, apply for jobs you're not necessarily interested in just for opportunities to get interview practice ahead of the roles you really want.

I've got to keep it real with you man the key to success in this case is practice, practice, practice!
Business / Re: Famous Brands Takes 49% Stake In Nigeria’s Mr Bigg’s by 1forall: 3:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Why is that local entrepeneurs fail to see/act on the potential lying under their noses until some foreign entitity does? The Mr Biggs brand has been begging for a makeover for a very long time now and it's a shame that it had to take a South African business to do something about it.

They're obviously going to invest a lot of funds into this venture and when the business is re-done and begins to flourish, I hope the locals won't start moaning over these 'Southies' making mad money from here.

Career / Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by 1forall: 8:49am On Sep 16, 2013
Hi manish you appear very enthusiastic to get a job right away. Since that's what you want then I would suggest you prepare a CV, identify the organizations you wish to work with and start applying to them - that's if you're not doing so already.
Career / Re: Simple Steps For Setting And Achieving Your Goals by 1forall: 1:49am On Sep 15, 2013
Great tips. I'm impressed because they are practical and not idealistic. And you're right, thinking on paper is the 1st step in moving an idea from imagination to reality.
Career / Re: Project Management Training In The UK by 1forall: 1:36am On Sep 15, 2013
As you are in the UK, check out 'Career Insights', you can search it out on the web.

They've got a unique training model which focuses 100% on practical training by training you on live projects being handled by companies they're affiliated with.

Check it out and let's know what you find.
Career / Re: Career In Management Information Systems by 1forall: 1:21am On Sep 15, 2013
The trouble with many of these academic IT courses is that although they introduce you to the concepts of the field, they are not specific enough for the workplace. Being an IT professional in my view is more of the practical skills possessed and how proficient you are with them, than the acquisition of degrees. To that end professional/industry certifications are more useful for gaining these skills than academic qualifications therefore I won't say a Master's degree is necessary. I think skills acquisition is the most important requirement, and if you pick up certifications along the way then, great!

What EXACTLY do you want to do in MIS? What systems interest you? What skills are necessary to master the use of these systems? Where can you get these skills? I think those are the questions you should be asking yourself, and then let your answers guide your quest.

Personally, I would suggest research and self-study for starters in order to get a feel for what you want to get into before committing your resources (time, energy, money) to it. For example you could initially be interested in; say SAP, and for some reason after few days of research and study, you could discover that it's not exactly what you would like to major in, and you could also make interesting new discoveries in the process. Thus a few days of research could save you from many months of regret.
Career / Re: Advice A Computer Engineer!!!! by 1forall: 12:45am On Sep 15, 2013
Computer Engineering is a really wide field and your experiences as a student should help you to identify the area that you would like to specialize in. Have you identified that yet? Knowing your area of interest would also help you to identify the type of organization that would be best to apply for IT.

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (of 79 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2016 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.