Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Correct Way Of Baptism: Name Of Father Son Holy Ghost Or Jesus Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Correct Way Of Baptism: Name Of Father Son Holy Ghost Or Jesus Christ? (894 Views)

How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Our Dangerous Prayers, Using Holy Ghost Fire As A Weapon Of Destruction / Who Should We Direct Our Praises To? God Or Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Correct Way Of Baptism: Name Of Father Son Holy Ghost Or Jesus Christ? by zikclassiq(m): 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2014
Jesus gave the instruction that baptism should be in the Name of " the Father Son and Holy Ghost"(Matthew 28:19) But warned them to wait first at Jerusalem to be endued with power from on high before doing anything. But you find Peter (with the key of the Kingdom) in Acts2:38 saying that baptism should be in the name of Jesus Christ. Moreso, there is no place in scripture where baptism was ever done except in the Name of Jesus Christ. Check it. Its Always in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!

Question is, Who is wrong, Jesus or Peter? Bear in mind Paul never saw Jesus but baptised converts in the name of Jesus Christ. Since we are supposed to go with scriptures ( and scriptures cannot be broken, Jesus said) . What baptism is correct then, Name of Father Son HolyGhost or Name of Jesus Christ? Did peter disobey Jesus?
God bless you.
Re: Correct Way Of Baptism: Name Of Father Son Holy Ghost Or Jesus Christ? by thorpido(m): 6:55pm On Nov 16, 2014
'And Jesus came and spake unto them,saying,All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.Go ye therefore,and teach all nations,baptising them in the Name of the Father,and of the Son,and of the Holy Ghost(Matt.28:18-19).
Did you notice the bible says in the 'Name' and not in the 'names'?The question is what 'Name'?

Now see this scripture;
'And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name,that will I do,that the father may be glorified in the son(John 14:13).
Did you see this?Jesus said if you ask in My Name(Jesus),the Father will be glorified.

The disciples did not in any way contradict Jesus.They baptised in the Name of Jesus which was what Jesus taught;the Name of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.
Re: Correct Way Of Baptism: Name Of Father Son Holy Ghost Or Jesus Christ? by zikclassiq(m): 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
thorpido:
'And Jesus came and spake unto them,saying,All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.Go ye therefore,and teach all nations,baptising them in the Name of the Father,and of the Son,and of the Holy Ghost(Matt.28:18-19).
Did you notice the bible says in the 'Name' and not in the 'names'?The question is what 'Name'?

Now see this scripture;
'And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name,that will I do,that the father may be glorified in the son(John 14:13).
Did you see this?Jesus said if you ask in My Name(Jesus),the Father will be glorified.
The disciples did not in any way contradict Jesus.They baptised in the Name of Jesus which was what Jesus taught;the Name of the Father,Son and Holy Spirit.
You are on point bro. But why are churches baptising in father son and HolyGhost? Are they not going against scriptures. I can name churches(i would'nt though) which have been baptizing in father son ...
Re: Correct Way Of Baptism: Name Of Father Son Holy Ghost Or Jesus Christ? by thorpido(m): 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
zikclassiq:
You are on point bro. But why are churches baptising in father son and HolyGhost? Are they not going against scriptures. I can name churches(i would'nt though) which have been baptizing in father son ...
Scriptures are all about revelation.You can only go in the direction of the knowledge you have.
The churches do what they know until it is revealed to them.
Re: Correct Way Of Baptism: Name Of Father Son Holy Ghost Or Jesus Christ? by zikclassiq(m): 1:17am On Dec 15, 2014
thorpido:
Scriptures are all about revelation.You can only go in the direction of the knowledge you have.
The churches do what they know until it is revealed to them.
true bro

(1) (Reply)

Why Darken Counsel With Multitudes Of Words Without Knowledge 1 / Why Some Christians Do Not Celebrate Christmas / Boy Who ‘came Back From Heaven’ Admits Story Was A Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.