Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. (72541 Views)

How My Late Aunt Maturely Dealt With Her Cheating Husband.........ladies LEARN! / Check Out A Post Of How A Wife Dealt With Cheating Husband: cheaters learn / Can You Catch A Cheating Husband By His Smell Alone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by bukatyne(f): 9:27am On Nov 18, 2014
happywife:
Why will i divorce the father of my kids he is a great father and a good man. i m not that selfish the kids deserve a life with their father.

Like i said before i will stay in d hopes that things will go back to the way they were be4. in the meantime will i die in misery. no i will find ways to make myself happy

I am not the enabler here i m just fighting against a society that tells men its ok to cheat. men ve polygamous tendencies what rubbish . women ve been programed from birth by this same men to think in this stupid manner i will not

How do you intend to do the bolded maám?
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 18, 2014
OP,

From your very first post, you seemed like one of those retired runs-girls who dated married men when she was single and was lucky enough to get married to some nice guy. You seem so comfortable with the belief that "most men cheat" so you are just trying to figure out how to cope with the "expected" cheating that comes with marriage. But I did not want to sound harsh, so I didn't respond to your first few posts.

When you now explained that your solution was to cheat on him as well, I was 95% sure that you dated married men in your past and cheating is no big deal to you. In fact, you just want to go back to your old ways of having aristo, sugar daddy, maga, uncle, sponsor etc. by the side. I am sure you have already lined up some ex-boyfriends to call.

But I became 100% sure that you were an ex-runs girls when you said your husband is a very good man. He might be a good man and a good father but he is certainly not a good husband. Good husbands are not serial cheats. Your mindset is completely skewed because you have come to accept it as the norm. I can bet 1 million naira you dated married men when you were single; so you now believe it is normal.

One thing I like about you though, is that you are not a hypocrite. For you, cheating is normal - for both men and women so you don't see anything wrong. You dated married men when you were single, now that it's happening to you, you are not really complaining; so I give you credit for being sincere and honest. You are not like some hypocrites that dated several married men when they were single and yet would come and complain their husbands are cheating on them. Those are the ones I dislike the most.

15 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 18, 2014
^^^^ You seem to be ranting here Nashville. Quite unlike you undecided

10 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by omoharry(f): 10:33am On Nov 18, 2014
bennyrazz:
I find this your story too big to swallow. You noticed missing condoms from your condom stash?? and it wasn't used by hubby on you it was used on his mistress. Really its funny cuz hubby thought you were not counting?? why can't hubby buy condoms outside? why would he have to take from your stash? could he have brought another woman into your house while you were away?? so many questions begging for answers. Supposing your story is true, you should have where to report him to. The major issue with marriage these days is money & cheating partner.
Ya. I thought as much, nice analysis. Nairaland men, I hope you guys are seeing how your colleagues are using their own hand to destroy their marriage, later they will come here and start lamenting that their wives were not the women they married.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Meddler(f): 11:29am On Nov 18, 2014
happywife:
Why will i divorce the father of my kids he is a great father and a good man. i m not that selfish the kids deserve a life with their father.

Like i said before i will stay in d hopes that things will go back to the way they were be4. in the meantime will i die in misery. no i will find ways to make myself happy

I am not the enabler here i m just fighting against a society that tells men its ok to cheat. men ve polygamous tendencies what rubbish . women ve been programed from birth by this same men to think in this stupid manner i will not

I can definitely see where ur coming from. In a marriage it's no longer about u but the children involved. I'm sure if there were no kids she would have taken a hike a long time instead. She's decided to take her own happiness into her hands and I don't see why everyone is still making a raucous about her wanting to stay. I'm quite sure staying with her cheating husband is probably the biggest sacrifice she's making not because of society but because of the children. So dear do what makes u happy because u have given ur husband enough permission to make u feel unhappy. Notice how I used the word "permission" because to be honest we as individuals are the only one who could give someone the permission to make us unhappy.
Please note that this by no means excuses the husband from his perfidious ways. But is leaving him in any way punishing him? If this was somewhere in the West, I would say u divorce his ass and sue him for everything he's worth but being ure in naija abeg don't mind the fool. Live ur life like he's not even around. That's should be better punishment for him. When he realizes that he's not the source of ur happiness. Take vacations with the kids, take up new hobbies, etc.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by veave(f): 11:32am On Nov 18, 2014
Katier00:
why are you calling me names, you just heard the woman, she wants to start xtra marital affair because her hubby is doing so, that is not life, why not leave , fall in love again and maybe that will be the right man instead of cheating

Were did you read that she wants to start extra marital affairs? She only said she doesn't want to be tempted to start.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Katier00(f): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2014
veave:

Were did you read that she wants to start extra marital affairs? She only said she doesn't want to be tempted to start.
and what the difference between, wanting to and tempted to
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by bennyrazz: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
omoharry:
Ya. I thought as much, nice analysis. Nairaland men, I hope you guys are seeing how your colleagues are using their own hand to destroy their marriage, later they will come here and start lamenting that their wives were not the women they married.
no one knows the genesis of op's problem but apparently, seems husband have been good in other ways. No man is perfect, everyman has a flaw, maybe that is the man's flaw. Cheating is not/should not be encouraged in marriage cuz there are so many spiritual implications. Marriage is a covenant. A body, soul and spirit covenant. There are always repercussions when covenants are broken.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by happywife: 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nashville:
OP,

From your very first post, you seemed like one of those retired runs-girls who dated married men when she was single and was lucky enough to get married to some nice guy. You seem so comfortable with the belief that "most men cheat" so you are just trying to figure out how to cope with the "expected" cheating that comes with marriage. But I did not want to most.

i have never read so much trash in my life based on what in my first post did u get such stupid assumption i met my husband n we dated for 8yrs be4 we got married except u think i was dating married me wen i was in sec sch u need reorientation of ur thinking process. 96% of men will cheat during their life time while married. wanna dispute that? I cant apologise for being a strong Woman that wont settled for a life of denial while suffering when her husband is balling. M also sure as a man u cant understand why i woman wont accept d norm . d day u cheat on ur wife she will probably pay u back same way.

7 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by holatin(m): 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2014
just turn him to dummy ((gbewudani)) then he is ur control but expect such for ur sons in future too
karma LA bitc.h

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by usermane(m): 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
happywife:
I dont think i can leave him cos he cheated on me cos lets face it most men do i just need advice on how to cope with my emotions cos i m soo unhappy n its affecting every area of my life .

Ah! So you find cheating normal for men? Then why are you unhappy about it?

4 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by caesaraba(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
jennykadry:

Why should she leave? She wants to open her legs so let her be.

I don't believe this story anyways

Who cares if you believe it or not. Allow people to discuss the woman's issue meaningfully please. Haba.

4 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
caesaraba:

Who cares if you believe it or not. Allow people to discuss the woman's issue meaningfully please. Haba.

You care...thats why you took out time out of your busy schedule to quote and reply my post
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by remsonik(f): 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
All of you giving her advice to stay and tolerate him, hmm one day monkey go enter market e no go return.

Madam you better sit his a.ss down and let him know the dangers he wants to bring upon not just him self but you and the kids. That was how my aunty's husband infected her with HIV. He has repented now but the deed has been done.

If you cant tolerate his cheating ways why not get separated but I wont support you should cheat on him under his roof.

What am I even saying sef, Association of nairaland upright/righteous/chauvinistic/oppressive men don give you advice so you can keep praying,checking the condom stash everyday or use your head.

3 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
San2ski:
Just
Take
A
Deep
Breath
And
Believe
That
You
Are
Wrong

because you could be.
My babe exactly does this (and worse) when actually I was hung out with my guys gambling somewhere in Mile 3.
ba'hahahahahaha grin cheesy
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by annita19(f): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
More like how to tolerate abusive husband. That's infidelity, divorce his a$$. That's how

4 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by NobleAky(m): 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
There are basically three kinds of cheats, the serial cheat, the occasional cheat and those who stray once in a while. More than 95per cent of nigerian husbands would fall into this category at a point in their life.

Your decision would be informed by the category he falls, but I want to believe he just strayed since this is the first time you ve 'caught' him.

Matters like this require patience. Some kids who have never had a relationship talk more of getting married will soon be here to advice you to divorce your husband. Fact is that most men cheat and many of those who are not cheating probably havent had the chance.

Depending on the kind of man you married (you know him better than everyone here), I guess what you should do is to have a heart to heart talk with him. Dont be confrontational.

Ask him if hes willing to swap his happy family with whatever pleasure he's getting outside.

Appeal to his emotions without being judgmental. The intention is to break him, make him 'confess' , apologise and promise that it wont happen again.

If he does this, forgive him and try forgetting, though it might be difficult. If you see him as your last bus stop, you ll do everything to make the marriage work.

I am not advising you to start asking yourself unnecessary questions, but you might need to check if you haven't shifted attention from your husband to your children.

Women tend to do that alot, forgetting that they met the man first before the kids started coming(marriage counsellors know this).

Whatever it is, dont hate him, dont get violent. Dont let the devil take charge. He ll come around and things Will be normal again.

... Pls where can i see a one million LIKE button?

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
annita19:
More like how to tolerate abusive husband. That's infidelity, divorce his a$$. That's how
no don't say that yet dear. She needs to give him the silent treatment. Be strong and be cold for at least 2 weeks. No sex, no conversation, matter of fact, be too busy to care. If he cares he'll come through, and you can tell him what you know and what you want. Be wise....if it happens again, file for a divorce! so Annita is right smiley
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
It is a phase, especially with those who start early. It's just basically like being too outgoing - you are going to get bored of it after a while. But if ya husband started late - then you might need Jesus to take the wheel loool.

As long as he finds peace at home, and you are not an insolent and problematic wife, with no manners and knowledge of how to treat a man right. He will outgrow it. All he needs is peace at home and a patient wife. And you'd be surprised when he becomes a new man with a whole new game plan.

4 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by shalommeri(f): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
first of all if u tink hez cheatin on u den u admit to ursef dat u're married to a man wuz cheatin on u nd u're d wife to a cheater nd u av to spend d rest of ur lyf wid him..pray abt it secondly den thirdly talj to him..tel him u're goin no wer dat u're married to him nd ask him to b free to tel u abt d woman(he may nt do so)bt let him knw he has responsibilities as a married man nd wad shame it'll bring on u guys..dont put all d blame on him,he may nt av d power to resist d temp...urge him to tel u abt it nd if hez gona continue...accept all he has to say witout naggin..u'll figure out frm der
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
SirShymex:
It is a phase, especially with those who start early. It's just basically like being too outgoing - you are going to get bored of it after a while. But if ya husband started late - then you might need Jesus to take the wheel loool.

As long as he find peace at home, and you are not an insolent and problematic wife, with no manners and knowledge of how to treat a man right. He will outgrow it. All he needs is peace at home and a patient wife. And you'd be surprised when he becomes a new man with a whole new game plan.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Bizibi(m): 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
I don't know why some men will just keep doing things that is so wrong but humans ain't perfect,I am a man and what some men do say about cheating on their wives make me feel ashame of them....a happy home is far better than ..........but I have seen wonderful men that are so loyal to their wives that u feel like "I want to be like that man".the society is changing and I pray things don't go so awkward to the extent of making marriage look like a fantasy

6 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by caesaraba(m): 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
jennykadry:

You care...thats why you took out time out of your busy schedule to quote and reply my post

Okay.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Acidosis(m): 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
Op swear say you neva date married men...

2 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by iykedare(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
Bizibi:
I don't know why some men will just keep doing things that is so wrong but humans ain't perfect,I am a man and what some men do say about cheating on their wives make me feel ashame of them....a happy home is far better than ..........but I have seen wonderful men that are so loyal to their wives that u feel like "I want to be like that man".the society is changing and I pray things don't go so awkward to the extent of making marriage look like a fantasy

What about the things women do before they get married? We still overlook those things and marry them.But they dwell so much on the things we do. After manhandling all the peni$e$ available, you want to have one(your husband's own) to yourself ehhh. Chai,these women sef. grin grin
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
happywife:
I need advice on how to cope with a cheating husband.

I have always suspected that my husband was cheating on me but confirmed it recently when i found some condoms were missing from our home n his bank statement showed payment for a hotel when i was away on a short trip .when i confronted him his stories ranged from his friend took it to i was mistaken in my counting n to i went to the room but changed my mind n left without doing anything. but his behaviour showed he was sorry for about 2 weeks then back to normal. problem now is i cant bring myself to trust him n my love for him is reducing daily.when he comes home late from work or doesn't take my calls all i can think about is that he is with another woman. To be honest it's killing me slowly cos i find myself calling him n quarrelling with him constantly.

I dont think i can leave him cos he cheated on me cos lets face it most men do i just need advice on how to cope with my emotions cos i m soo unhappy n its affecting every area of my life . Sometimes i feel like paying him in his own coin but i m a one man kind of babe.

I just want to concentrate on my kids now but how do i cope with being suspicious all d time n being jealous n bitter n a whole lot of emotions thats killing me.
Just have it in mind that every other married lady out there is coping with a cheating hubby cos 99.99% of married men cheatcheesycheesy For those that will come after me with cutlass, no need cos I'm on my way to Francecheesy and if u decide to leave to marry a presumed Pope John Paul u feel its best, be prepared to leave that one soon, and another and anothergrin

Ladies should just know it that: u cheat while young n hot, men then don't...so when they become older, hotter like Timaya, they too will cheat to balance naturesmiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
happywife:

I dont know about this part i refuse to do it because its like encouraging bad behaviour. i feel it will make him think no matter wat he will be forgiven.

No it is not encouraging bad behaviour . I used to do it too but anytime I remember my wife love and care for me, I cannot continue. Love him and care for him. Also take it to God in prayer and play your own part very well.
Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by veave(f): 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nashville:
OP,

From your very first post, you seemed like one of those retired runs-girls who dated married men when she was single and was lucky enough to get married to some nice guy. You seem so comfortable with the belief that "most men cheat" so you are just trying to figure out how to cope with the "expected" cheating that comes with marriage. But I did not want to sound harsh, so I didn't respond to your first few posts.

When you now explained that your solution was to cheat on him as well, I was 95% sure that you dated married men in your past and cheating is no big deal to you. In fact, you just want to go back to your old ways of having aristo, sugar daddy, maga, uncle, sponsor etc. by the side. I am sure you have already lined up some ex-boyfriends to call.

But I became 100% sure that you were an ex-runs girls when you said your husband is a very good man. He might be a good man and a good father but he is certainly not a good husband. Good husbands are not serial cheats. Your mindset is completely skewed because you have come to accept it as the norm. I can bet 1 million naira you dated married men when you were single; so you now believe it is normal.

One thing I like about you though, is that you are not a hypocrite. For you, cheating is normal - for both men and women so you don't see anything wrong. You dated married men when you were single, now that it's happening to you, you are not really complaining; so I give you credit for being sincere and honest. You are not like some hypocrites that dated several married men when they were single and yet would come and complain their husbands are cheating on them. Those are the ones I dislike the most.

Hmmmn. Na wa for waec o. So because she is being real, you have automatically turned her to a retired runs girl. Omaga o! Please if you dont have any reasonable thing to say, just SHUT UP! Ok?

8 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by annita19(f): 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2014
Mermaidoflife:

no don't say that yet dear. She needs to give him the silent treatment. Be strong and be cold for at least 2 weeks. No sex, no conversation, matter of fact, be too busy to care. If he cares he'll come through, and you can tell him what you know and what you want. Be wise....if it happens again, file for a divorce! so Annita is right smiley

You have a point there though it varies. Personally I will never tolerate infidelity and abuse of any kind from a man, NEVER. Most times women uses their children as justifiable reason to stay while dying silently inside out. And no all men don't cheat. It really hurt to be loyal to a dog

1 Like

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
Free the guy! Flirting andd cheating are two different things. Condoms missing from your home? undecided hotel reservation? And then what?

You no go siddon jeje for wia dem put u ba? @op.

I used to be like that. And then I realized the kind of person he is. So inetaed of getting all crazy, I mellowed and allowed him play. He'd settle down soon enough.

I know it can be hurtful, but don't love him less. Trust me! That biiitch out there?! She is gonna get dropped soon.

[i]YYN

3 Likes

Re: How To Tolerate Cheating Husband. by nairaman66(m): 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
Sophyrocks:
This Op sef is even funny. She is asking how she can keep coping with the cheating without feeling bad or getting mad about it. How is that possible? Women who do that successfully are cheats. they cheat in return so they dnt feel bad about it. Seems she sees herself as log of wood with no feelings or emotions. Keep tolerating o till you get HIV and Hepatitis.

She asked for help on how to control the situation.. Not your bashing!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

My Husband Maltreats And Subjects Me To Vaginal Test: Wife Tells Judge / When We Say Dont Marry If You Don't Have A Sustainable Income, This Is Why / Is This Girl Really 15 Years Old??!?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.