Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? (9296 Views)

Can I Still Graduate With First Class With 3.76 GPA / What It Takes To Graduate With A Good Grade / My Cgpa Is Currently 1.8, Can I Still Make A 2.1? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Ayima: 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
please is it possible for me to graduate with a 2.1? my cgpa is currently 3.09.I also need your advice on what to do pls.Am in first semester final year now.
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by dhantey324(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
Everything is possible, if you do well in your project n also make good grades in your exams (I mean A&B). 2.1 is sure. Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Ayima: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
dhantey324:
Everything is possible, if you do well in your project n also make good grades in your exams (I mean A&B). 2.1 is sure. Keep it up.
thanks, you have just given me hope!
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by ifoundmyperfect: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
Yes you very well can.
But you need to target as many A as possible in 3unit course esply. Nothing is impossible. You can do it if you set your mind @ it...
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Spicylate(f): 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
see just read and do your best. thats all.
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Myque1(m): 10:59pm On Nov 16, 2014
If you're ready to aim for nothing short of an A in everything you have left, then it's possible. Just give it your all and leave the rest to the Almighty.
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by rattlesnake(m): 11:02pm On Nov 16, 2014
Bring these items

2,white cock
3 Orange cockroaches
3 Chinese speaking rats
7 Red goats NOTE: they must have APC membership card
1 parrot that can dance kukere
........when u bring these items... Then angry

3 Likes

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Myque1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 16, 2014
Work hard; Pray hard!
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Big4wig(m): 11:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
rattlesnake:
Bring these items

2,white cock
3 Orange cockroaches
3 Chinese speaking rats
7 Red goats NOTE: they must have APC membership card
1 parrot that can dance kukere
........when u bring these items... Then angry
Why do donkey eat grass? .....?? ......? ...........?? oooooooppppsssss!!!! i'm sorry. It's ur personal matter.
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Nobody: 11:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ayima:
please is it possible for me to graduate with a 2.1? my cgpa is currently 3.09.I also need your advice on what to do pls.Am in first semester final year now.
Its not by asking nairalanders, take a pen and paper, calculate the points that remain in your final year and do the maths to know what minimum you must get in each course and read very hard with your expected result in mind...that's all you need do. START BY LEAVING NL and browing stuffs related to courses you are studying at d moment for better understanding.

16 Likes

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Lordtrillion(m): 3:50am On Nov 17, 2014
I don't think its possible. Nevertheless, you can use your pen and paper to calculate it. would have been possible if you were within the range of 3.2. Nevertheless, its worth the try. Even if you don't make a 2.1, try to have the best semesterial result in this your final year to boost your self confidence. A 2.1, won't guarantee you success in life but it's still worth it if you graduate with it. Peace

2 Likes

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Ayima: 5:16am On Nov 17, 2014
Thanks everyone,God bless you people.
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 17, 2014
Its too late to start aiming for it now but not impossible though. Did u suddenly realize u needed a 2:1. God bless ur determination bro.
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by LORDI(m): 5:46am On Nov 17, 2014
Too late bro,don't be deceived It's impossible,is now you suddenly realize you need a 2:1?,.

2 Likes

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Temihatz(m): 6:03am On Nov 17, 2014
Mhen it is almost impossible. Try to get your past spreadsheet (transcript) and sum it up with ur course form (giving all ur courses A's). Calculate whether if u have A's in all ur courses u will have a 2:1 or not.
Do the calculation urself

1 Like

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Sanguine(f): 6:22am On Nov 17, 2014
To be honest, chances are very slim and almost nil. But then, the only one thing that's impossible to achieve is NO-THING.
Put in your best to your project, that should give you an edge. And if you could make all As this semester and the next, your GP would increase and that might translate to your CGPA.

GOODLUCK.

1 Like

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by ignis: 6:45am On Nov 17, 2014
Impossible is Nothing.....
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by femidejulius(m): 6:57am On Nov 17, 2014
Am a realist so am going to be very blunt here.
IT IS TOO LATE!
What is the point of trying to give u unnecessary hope? Let me however say that even without a 2:1, u can still be a success story. Start planning for life after school. Acquire new skills and try to b prepared. Unemployment is real, so start planning on something that you can do to survive.

Btw, I seriously think all students should know how to calculate their CGPA. I used to do that way back in school

2 Likes

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 17, 2014
Why are you all saying its impossible?..I don't understand...he has a cgpa of 3.09, depending on the school, take uniben for example that uses the 10-20-30-40 system, if the 10-20-30 from 100-300 gives you 3.09 you can well get a 2-1 if you study very hard and bag as much A as possible. All A's will give you 2.0 out of 5 points. Going with the 25-25-25-25 that other schools use, OP you have 1.25 to to hunt from in your final year, just get A's in your core courses and bag some B's too to make sure your final year 'add gpa' is above 0.5 and you have your 2'1 jeje......don't be scared, be strong smart and ready...fear is the first step to failure in school...free your mind, its common 2'1 from a group of A's and B's , go get it jare!!!!..'Use your internet well, reading online to suplement boring textbooks is sometimes very helpfull because its brings fluidity in study...

6 Likes

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by nkowaputa(m): 7:27am On Nov 17, 2014
Since 2:1 is 3.5, it is possible. 3.09+5=8.09
Divided by 2 is 4.05
Yes this is not the real calculation but an estimation. 5 means of u score all A in ur final year.
I found myself in this situation when I was in school and came out 2:1. Been a catholic I prayed my rosary everyday, offering it for that intention then I studied more. In my final exam I had 5 A's and 1 C while I already had 4.0 in my first semester final year. When I got my result, it was a2:1.
First it was the determination
2. Was prayer
3. My effort. To God be all the glory.
So, you can.

3 Likes

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Ayima: 7:30am On Nov 17, 2014
Thanks everyone for your contributions i really appreciate, God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by dustydee: 8:04am On Nov 17, 2014
Ayima:
How do you expect to get 2.1 when you can't calculate or forecast simple CGPA?
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2014
at this point you should start asking yourself whether you have a valid excuse to graduate with a 2.2.

don't ever stop fighting. never forget that. your chances are good enough.
start thinking of what courses you should have an A in. whatever you think your scores would be in other courses, start upgrading them in your head by reading till even you feel smarter. this isn't the time to pull people along. motivate yourself. this is the last hour. 4.8 GPA for your final year or consider yourself a failure. so if you fall short it'll be 4.5 or so. don't forget. you first

1 Like

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by Ayima: 9:17am On Nov 17, 2014
Thanks all
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by bloglover(m): 9:32am On Nov 17, 2014
Its very simple, all u need is personal discipline to read your books without procrastinating and know what's going on around u especially with the lecturers.

1 Like

Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by icemania: 9:33am On Nov 17, 2014
its easier for the camel to pass through the eye of the needle... thus in Martin Luther King's voice" I have a dream"
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by temmy6996(m): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2014
Ayima:

Do urself a simple calculations. Assume u av A's in all t̶̲̥̅̊​ħƹ remainin courses u av left including project (which I doubt possible), then calculate ur CGPA. I'm not tryin to discourage bt talkin frm experience. @ dis level, no matter ao u hit A's in ur courses, the CGPA increment is @ a very low rate bt b careful 4 it not to drop.
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by linsa01(m): 10:04am On Nov 17, 2014
What level are u at the now? If you're in 200l or 1st semester 300l, I ll say its possible if you can have A&B grades in almost all ur results. If you're in 2nd semester 300l or already in your final year, I'll say its not possible. Meanwhile nothing is impossible in Nigeria and with God
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by yinkeys(m): 10:26am On Nov 17, 2014
Ayima:
no it's not possible. Unless you sort everything & study hard to @ least get 4.6 or so. Use money my bro, don't dull o
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by lanxlot(m): 10:32am On Nov 17, 2014
Ayima:
Very Possible, doh, I dnt av all d info needed. but tnkfully ur still in ist semester of ur finals. a gal in My dept had 7A's n a B in her ist semester of ha 400L, dats a Gpa of 4.88, oh! boy, it Was a rocket, that Was what propelled her. if u can equal that, y not? den u can take it frm there.....CGPA NO B BEANS SHA.....what Went wrong frm d stat y did u wait 4 so late a moment to consider ameliorating ur lot? dats 1 mistake some students Make. play away their ist n SECOND year, with the euphoria of aving gained admission into d uni as if they were the ist. Only to discover after that dave messed up their foundation. like dat novel; the gods are not to blame. if u r still in ur preliminary 100, 200L be warned. experience isn't d best teacher, learn frm pple's experience. to b honest with you bro, the odds are against you.
Re: My Cgpa Is 3.09,can I Still Graduate With A 2.1? by khattab008: 10:34am On Nov 17, 2014
Depends largely on the number of units You are taking this session which might not be enough, either way, you need to determine the mathematical possibility first.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Most Beautiful Universities In Nigeria (Pictures) / Download Chevron Scholarship Details Here / Prof Salami Elected African Varsities’ Vice President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.