Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,517 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:02 PM

Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! (1272 Views)

Employment Letter Gone Wrong / Never mind / A Call From Nta For Collection Of Employment Letter! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by jayedu108: 10:08pm On Nov 16, 2014
Hy Guys please why is employment letter so important and the need for such document,advantages and disavantages of such letter,please share ur experience or rather outline dem here so we can learn from you.

2 Likes

Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Nov 16, 2014
It means you are a staff of the organisation and binding contract between you and your employee, they cannot sack you without notice bit can be dismissed without prior notice. And if you are not given an employment letter then you are not a bona-fide member of the organisation.
Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by Evina(f): 10:22pm On Nov 16, 2014
It is VERY important.

Any written communication is a documented evidence.

I recall my first job interview, I was a youth corper and still quite naive in these matters. The CEO of the organization that I was to carryout my service asked the Administrative Manager to issue me an employment letter after we discussed terms.

They didn't. Reason given was, more corpers were expected and they would issue all the letters at the same time.

Well, they did and my remuneration was less than what was discussed with the CEO. When I brought it up with the manager after a month, he said I had no evidence of our conversation. It wasn't documented.

Now my eyes are " HOPEN". I ALWAYS insist on a contract. Infact, I will even offer to draft one for you to sign if you are too busy to.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by LaurelP(m): 10:40pm On Nov 16, 2014
Evina:
It is VERY important.

Any written communication is a documented evidence.

I recall my first job interview, I was a youth corper and still quite naive in these matters. The CEO of the organization that I was to carryout my service asked the Administrative Manager to issue me an employment letter after we discussed terms.

They didn't. Reason given was, more corpers were expected and they would issue all the letters at the same time.

Well, they did and my remuneration was less than what was discussed with the CEO. When I brought it up with the manager after a month, he said I had no evidence of our conversation. It wasn't documented.

Now my eyes are " HOPEN". I ALWAYS insist on a contract. Infact, I will even offer to draft one for you to sign if you are too busy to.

HOPEN Is dat a joke or u mean it?
Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by Evina(f): 10:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
LaurelP:

Yes! Hi means it undecided
Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by jayedu108: 5:55am On Nov 17, 2014
Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by xymmie01: 7:15am On Nov 17, 2014
Employment letter is very important..... Dat is d only means u can use and sue a company when dey sack you 4 no concrete reason,cus it happened 2 me........
Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by omowolewa: 7:42am On Nov 17, 2014
Employment letter is a documentation of your agreement with your employer.

Things do change after verbal agreements, so the need for documentation even if it written in pencil.
Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by Cpumping(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2014
Evina:

Yes! Hi means it undecided

LaurelP:

Na SHJOKE na.
Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by Evina(f): 8:26am On Nov 17, 2014
Cpumping:

Na SHJOKE na.

Leave the head master of obiakoro community school, to keep speculating.

1 Like

Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by jayedu108: 10:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
Evina:

who be the headmaster ma?
Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by jayedu108: 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Evina:

Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by Evina(f): 10:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
jayedu108:
who be the headmaster ma?

Lol...he knows himself wink
Re: Employment Letter It's Usefulness!! by Cpumping(m): 9:57am On Nov 19, 2014
Evina:

Loooool, why so evulss.

(1) (Reply)

If You Reside In Ogun State Then Check This Opportunity Out / After UBA App Test, Whats Next? / Vacancies For Quantity Surveying Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.