Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

Polygamist Or Not? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamist Or Not? (796 Views)

A Polygamist Raped To Death By His Six Wives. / Nigerias Celebrity Polygamist Marries 91st Wife / Muslims Sentence Nigerian Polygamist To Death For Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamist Or Not? by BlissB(f): 4:34am On Nov 17, 2014
Pls Nairalanders whats your take on this.. Just recently i and my friends were together and one of them dropped a question.She said "my dad and mum stayed together without getting married properlybut later on they had misundestanding and went their seperate ways,but my mum had 3 of us for him before what they had ended....my dad went ahead and got married(doing both traditional and church marriage),would you say my dad is a polygamist?" My own contribution to the argument was that,polygamy is one man to 2 or more wives and i believe that was what we were all taught in school and her father did not marry her mum,her mother in question is already married to someonelse,so i said the man is not a polygamist because had it been the mother died the man would have gone ahead and got married but my friends were saying since the mother gave birth in the relationship,the man is a polygamist,now am kind of confused with my own contribution that was why i decided to bring the argument here on Nairaland because we all learn everyday so i want you guys and ladies to pls tell me if am wrong or right...Over to you all
Re: Polygamist Or Not? by BlissB(f): 4:38am On Nov 17, 2014
Sorry for any typographical error..obinoscopy or any mod in charge pls move it to front page...wanna learn..pls don't just view,need your comments
Re: Polygamist Or Not? by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 17, 2014
Re: Polygamist Or Not? by esmeralda1(f): 4:45am On Nov 17, 2014
If ur friend believes her father is a polygamist, then it means her mother is also practicing polyandry, since she's also married to another man now
I don't think d man is a polygamist since they were not legally married at the first place
Re: Polygamist Or Not? by BlissB(f): 4:52am On Nov 17, 2014
esmeralda1:
If ur friend believes her father is a polygamist, then it means her mother is also practicing polyandry, since she's also married to another man now
I don't think d man is a polygamist since they were not legally married at the first place
Exactly my point,thks
Re: Polygamist Or Not? by blank(f): 11:37am On Nov 17, 2014
If there was a proper marriage, there would have been a divorce and then they could marry whoever they wanted. Divorced people are not polygamists.
Re: Polygamist Or Not? by BlissB(f): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
pls try and comment......dnt want viewers alone
Re: Polygamist Or Not? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
Bliss please contact me via freeemandavid@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Baby Car Seat / Funny: 45 Ways To Make Your Wife Happy And 1 Way To Make Your Hubby Happy / 5 Things To Learn From Small Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.