Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Never Give In - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Never Give In (404 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Never Give In by FreshGreen: 8:48am On Nov 17, 2014
NEVER GIVE IN
I Corinthians 9:27, "But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection"

After you are saved, even for many years, Satan will still bring sinful thoughts, feelings, ideas, and pressure; your unsaved body will want to over ride the Spirit of God. The addicted sin to smoke, drink, masturbate, etc; the pressure for sinful pleasures will come back in an overwhelming manner; the tendency to get angry, lie, drink, fight, or to do other sinful stuffs will come back; the people for sinful activities will still come back to you. Sometime the pressure will be so heavy as if you can't survive it. Satan will say, "Look, don't pretend, this thing is part of you and your salvation in Jesus can't stop it. You can't stop doing this thing, even if you don't do it now, what about tomorrow, next week, and next month? Just give in and God will understand."

My dear, that is the deception of pit of hell to make you feel helpless as if you can't overcome sin. When next the pressure to commit sin comes again, you know what to do? DON'T GIVE IN! The pressure and the feeling will not last, it will vanish. And you know what? Every victory over a temptation to sin gives you strength to overcome the next one, and you become stronger, but every falling into temptation makes you weaker to overcome another one. Solution is not to surrender to such sinful pressure once or again, the solution is to hold it, never give in.

Paul the Apostle, after many years of salvation, said, "I discipline my body and bring it into subjection" It is a continuous thing as Satan continuously brings temptations. Salvation does not automatically end the notion and tendency of sin, it only gives grace and strength to overcome. And we can only get the grace and strength by daily Bible reading, prayer for God's grace and daily watchfulness to walk in the Spirit.

Genuine Salvation is the foundation to overcome sin and Satan, DAILY grace of God through prayer and Bible is the strength, and watchfulness, self control that is self discipline to refuse, reject and deny is the solution!

Titus 2:11, 12
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age.

If you will like to surrender your life to Jesus, rededicate your life to Jesus, please click the link
http://www.facebook.com/notes/revelation-of-truth-evangelical-ministries-rtem/how-can-i-be-saved/270674586372252

You can also contact us on email or phone for prayer, counsel or if you need biblical enlightenment on personal issues:

This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries, RTEM

Our Email: rtemoutreaches@yahoo.com

Our Tel: (+234) (0)803 924 9751, (0)705 937 3351, (0)802 578 7942.
Our website: www.rtemoutreach.org

Our Facebook page, you can like our page for daily article on your wall, please click on this link and "like", then click on the "liked" and add to "interest list" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Revelation-of-Truth-Evangelical-Ministries-RTEM/244086502364394

If you will like to be receiving our weekly articles by email, please, click on our website and subscribe for daily Christian articles www.rtemoutreach.org

If you want to read other Christian articles and Bible Studies on several other topics from this ministry, you can please click on this link and see several topics. http://www./468590419840054/files/ You can join to receive new topic.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Comparing Mohammed With Jesus By A Former Moslem / Only 2% Of Politicians Are Born Again Christians / Why Do Some Girls Go To Church To Find Trouble?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.