Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! (15948 Views)

Electricity Wires With No Poles Sighted In Fagba, Lagos. (picture) / Mad Man Takes Over Council Office In Akwa Ibom / State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by crestime(m): 11:53am On Dec 17, 2014
Let the truth be told? Or let's spoil their show?
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by PassingShot(m): 11:55am On Dec 17, 2014
Brightology2:
Eko oni baje. All hail fashola

Is it the state's or FG's responsibility? Just asking! undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by anonimi: 11:55am On Dec 17, 2014
zizman:
this is the pathetic state of a post office in mushin..u will think you travelled back in time to 1960's so old..i took a pix and the staffs there were complaining..i just laughed

Why were they complaining
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by goldfish27(m): 11:59am On Dec 17, 2014
sammoe:
Whose responsibility is the post office?

If u ask me na who I go ask
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by jerome4u(m): 11:59am On Dec 17, 2014
Post office is still use full, I use it to collect some shipment from the U.S last two months

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Ogbodavies(m): 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2014
ha haa ha, story for d gods to tell.
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by sukkot: 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
the building has potential. just paint it

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 17, 2014
preshuzpearl:

I so have something to say about this.

I don't live in lagos but post offices in this nation are rubbish

The other day I went to Wuse to send a document to Lagos. It wasn't urgent and the lady behind the desk told me it would only take 3 WORKING DAYS for it to deliver by direct mail.
Honestly if I had known that the system was dilapidated and non functional, I wouldn't have thought twice before sending by express mail.

That was the last i saw or heard of my file. It never reached lagos and nobody knows where it is. I've been to the post office to ask, they keep posting me. The lady in lagos that I sent the file to has checked nearly all the post offices in Island.

Now I have to do an affidavit and and send passport and other what-nots to get another document.

It's seriously frustrating.

In my opinion It would be best if direct mail is closed down permanently.
Lol sorry dear,but dis cracked me you real good. The stench in d nigerian system.

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Dacronym(m): 12:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
Yep

1 Like

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by EdwardRandy(m): 12:09pm On Dec 17, 2014
zizman:
this is the pathetic state of a post office in mushin..u will think you travelled back in time to 1960's so old..i took a pix and the staffs there were complaining..i just laughed
.... How come nobody is blaming this one on GEJ undecided undecided
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by peter4d2(m): 12:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
I know sum pple wuld say its jonathans fault or maybe I'm missing sumfin is dat I'm d only 1 dat read sumtin abt nigeria having had past president b4 Gej.
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by mmaichel: 12:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
yes that mushin post office is a sorry sight

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Btruth: 12:28pm On Dec 17, 2014
politricks:
How many people uses the post office these days.

Maybe here in Nigeria, but in Europe and other western world, the post office is bringing the people closer to each other than the electronic mails. Imagine sending a post cards for Xmas and others, those things means a lot. Think about our aged parents that can read but they are not use to this computer age, they will love to continuous reading from their grand-children all the time. Also, the post office serves as other medium of transactions as in like banks, and courier services.

2 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by MrSon(m): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
Lagos state Gov is not in anyway reaponsible for POST OFFICE infrastructural development. datz to show how useless and lifeless PDP Govt is. Pls any1 shuld visit d inside of dere head office @ NACHO. its notin but a mess. Old Skul settings. outdates *BaBa Arugbo*/ Mama Arugbo* staffs. and loads of pipz in d store looking for dere goods. and its always lyk dat. Shame on dis shoeless fisherman jor Olooshi oleribu

2 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by ElFenomeno1: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2014
grin
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by eledacedar(f): 12:52pm On Dec 17, 2014
politricks:
How many people uses the post office these days.
I still do
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by otswag(m): 12:57pm On Dec 17, 2014
E be like say dis building went up in flames sometime in history grin
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Pain(m): 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2014
Looks like a trip to the past. The should add "Humous" after the "Post"
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by sunboy(m): 1:23pm On Dec 17, 2014
Some people calling Fashola, Eko onibaje etc. Please tell me how a post office is the responsibility of a state government? I receive package wella from that posy office, and i can confirm that they generate money too. I wonder why they refunded to renovate.

3 Likes

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by steve308(m): 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
consequence of civilization we have other means of delivering items faster and reliable
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2014
A sample of transformation agenda of jonathan. A govt dat cant manage a post office isnt fit 2 govern Nigeria.
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Chibokgame: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2014
Why didn't they call fire service when the fire started.
Or they are waiting for federal government.
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by JayJustus(m): 3:26pm On Dec 17, 2014
Zizer17:

if u buy sth online from anoda country dey will deliver it to d post office

that's only if you don't have a box at home for it to be delivered then it goes there...Put your house address and it'd be delivered...I've used NIPOST (EMS) a lot for sending stuff to Europe and even receiving important letters and even my passport after visa drop off...don't tell me bullshyte
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by efilefun(m): 3:35pm On Dec 17, 2014
hahn:
I've been there several time to pick up goods from Germany. Very poorly maintained building, ancient services(there's no single computer for recording shipments), the Nigerian post office DON'T have a website and the staff always keep begging for hand outs like they don't receive salaries.

Another evidence of how ill managed our public institutions are

Chai why must u come online to spread lies... I sent some stuffs to Germany, hungary and spain... i got a tracking number and also the goods were delivered at exactly 3weeks dey stated. I was charged 3k only while dhl charged 25k for this same service... Theres a nipost office at Muritala Muhammad intl airport and i have used that of oto ijanikin also to send egusi and other food items to europe at cheap price
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by semoly(m): 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Brightology2:
ode hw fashola take relate with post office
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by semoly(m): 3:48pm On Dec 17, 2014
Brightology2:
oode hw fashola name take relate with watin Dey ground.
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by hahn(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2014
efilefun:

Chai why must u come online to spread lies... I sent some stuffs to Germany, hungary and spain... i got a tracking number and also the goods were delivered at exactly 3weeks dey stated. I was charged 3k only while dhl charged 25k for this same service... Theres a nipost office at Muritala Muhammad intl airport and i have used that of oto ijanikin also to send egusi and other food items to europe at cheap price

Thanks for the tip. Its been more than 3 years since I used their service and I went to their branch at Mushin. I can bet its still the same.
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by hahn(m): 4:54pm On Dec 17, 2014
Ymodulus:

They do. Say what you know and leave out what you know not or unsure of.

Nipost.gov.ng
You can even track your parcel there

This must be a recent development. The last time I went there was 3 years ago and the place was really whack.

Btw, nice to know you're still alive. I owe you a recharge card
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by otiigba1(m): 5:44pm On Dec 17, 2014
decode55:
LoL. This is absolutely hilarious. It looks like a scene from a hollywood movie cheesy cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin yes o!
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Hamatrony(m): 5:49pm On Dec 17, 2014
zizman:
Na ds one u see, com my area naa cheesy, n see d one wey worse pass, ds one stil dey learn undecided
Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by vandalZA(m): 6:15pm On Dec 17, 2014
South African post office

Re: Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! by Besto(m): 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2014
hahn:
I've been there several time to pick up goods from Germany. Very poorly maintained building, ancient services(there's no single computer for recording shipments), the Nigerian post office DON'T have a website and the staff always keep begging for hand outs like they don't receive salaries.

Another evidence of how ill managed our public institutions are

nipost got a functioning website

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Flood Sweeps Away 12-year-old Boy / How To Make Your Nairaland Android App To Continue Receiving Notifications / Registration With Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.