Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,405 members, 7,808,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Any Business Person In USA?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Any Business Person In USA?? (1936 Views)

Ask Business Coach On Any Business Issues Or Investment / Cheapest Mode Of Browsing To Use On Pc As An Online Business Person / Richest Person In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hey guys,
I am currently looking for a man or woman (living in USA) who is interested in partnering wiv me in bringing in goods from USA.

I currently sale UK cosmetics and toiletries at the popular TradeFair complex in Lagos. I have slowly studied the US market here and I am well interested in diversifying to US products.

I have enough finance, but looking for someone who would wanna partner wiv me.

The idea is the partner handles the buying from the US while I handle the selling in Nigeria.

Goods that we can sale well here are: Pringle, Bounty tissues, Daily Chef Non dairy creamer, Famous Amos biscuits, Quaker Oats, Wilson Cranola Oil, Irish Spring Shower Gels, honey bunches, Netscape, caprisuns.

The idea is d partner source for the goods in USA, loads d goods in a container with 2 accidented cars. I sale d goods in Nigeria n remit money bck
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2014
Remember m investing 6million in this biz. And any partner will need to invest financially too. Might not b as much as m investing. But would b better if we invest same amount.

Before we go ahead, some documents would need to b signed with my lawyer and d potential partners lawyer.

Signify interest here first and ask any questions.

Thanks
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Anybody?
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by mayorteeny: 1:36am On Nov 18, 2014
What is the typical turnaround time, ROI, etc
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by chidekings(m): 7:10am On Nov 18, 2014
u never serious
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
mayorteeny:
Typical turnaround time from d time container leaves US to the time goods are sold is 54days.
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
chidekings:
u never serious

And your point?
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 1:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
mayorteeny:
ROI is bordering around 20-35% of initial investment
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
No interest yet?
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by sonnie10: 6:06pm On Nov 19, 2014
My bro since you have #6M cash, why not start with that. That money will be enough to do the business and still make reasonable profit. In my opinion, there is no need for a partner.

Just in case you want some breakdown on how you can effectively do it with that amount, send me an email for details. You did not leave any call back number.
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 6:32pm On Nov 20, 2014
sonnie10:
My bro since you have #6M cash, why not start with that. That money will be enough to do the business and still make reasonable profit. In my opinion, there is no need for a partner.

Just in case you want some breakdown on how you can effectively do it with that amount, send me an email for details. You did not leave any call back number.
E
I get what u saying. But I wouldn't have time to travel to the states, go about purchasing d products and back in time for my UK biz. Ordering products is easier from the UK cos u can just sit behind ur computer and place all orders online without even venturing to the UK urself.
But in the US, u need to be physically present to get the goods and the cars which entails more expenses.
And about the 6mill,trust me it's not even enough for a 40ft with 5 accidental cars inside.
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by HarvardGrad: 7:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
Maybe we can talk more about this but you have left no means of contacting you

You can inbox your phone no, bmm or email to cases.joe2013@gmail.com if you don't want to leave it on this platform

let me know once you have sent this.
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 12:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
HarvardGrad:
Maybe we can talk more about this but you have left no means of contacting you

You can inbox your phone no, bmm or email to cases.joe2013@gmail.com if you don't want to leave it on this platform

let me know once you have sent this.
Just sent u an email. Thanks
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
Still looking
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by sonnie10: 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
freetowns:

I get what u saying. But I wouldn't have time to travel to the states, go about purchasing d products and back in time for my UK biz. Ordering products is easier from the UK cos u can just sit behind ur computer and place all orders online without even venturing to the UK urself.
But in the US, u need to be physically present to get the goods and the cars which entails more expenses.
And about the 6mill,trust me it's not even enough for a 40ft with 5 accidental cars inside.

I will just give the break down here so people can learn too

You have #6M which is $34k with current exchange rate

Buy 4 car say camry and sienna (2000 upward) @ $2k each = $8k
Get a container. You have two options (the one for $4500 which takes 2months to get to lagos or the one for $6500 which takes one month to get to Lagos)

Then you buy those goods you listed $15k worth [ being modest, you would make atleast 40% profit on those good alone]

Now, lets add all the amount so far. $8k (cars) + $6500 ( one month shipping option) + $15K (other goods) = $29.5k

So, subtract $29.5 from the $34k = $4.5k

Now that $4500 you would use as part for custom duties (clearing). The total clearing at most will not be more than #1.3M in tincan port.

Now profit;
If you make each of the cars for #1M; that would be #4M

goods worth $15K @40% profit margin ; that would be $6k profit. so you have $21k from goods. In naira that is #3.8M

#4M (cars) + #3.8 M (goods) = #7.8M

Therefore you will make #7.8 - #6M = #1.8M

In my view, considering that this is in about a month or a little more, it is a good business and you can do it with the #6M you have
So you do not need a partner except someone who will do the procurment in US.

Send me an email if you have more questions

1 Like

Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2014
sonnie10:

I will just give the break down here so people can learn too

You have #6M which is $34k with current exchange rate

Buy 4 car say camry and sienna (2000 upward) @ $2k each = $8k
Get a container. You have two options (the one for $4500 which takes 2months to get to lagos or the one for $6500 which takes one month to get to Lagos)

Then you buy those goods you listed $15k worth [ being modest, you would make atleast 40% profit on those good alone]

Now, lets add all the amount so far. $8k (cars) + $6500 ( one month shipping option) + $15K (other goods) = $29.5k

So, subtract $29.5 from the $34k = $4.5k

Now that $4500 you would use as part for custom duties (clearing). The total clearing at most will not be more than #1.3M in tincan port.

Now profit;
If you make each of the cars for #1M; that would be #4M

goods worth $15K @40% profit margin ; that would be $6k profit. so you have $21k from goods. In naira that is #3.8M

#4M (cars) + #3.8 M (goods) = #7.8M

Therefore you will make #7.8 - #6M = #1.8M

In my view, considering that this is in about a month or a little more, it is a good business and you can do it with the #6M you have
So you do not need a partner except someone who will do the procurment in US.

Send me an email if you have more questions

M really glad u broke it down like this. I needed a partner to help in the procurement but knowing how the human mind works, I decided it would be safer if the would be partner had a sort of financial contribution too
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by sonnie10: 10:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
freetowns:

M really glad u broke it down like this. I needed a partner to help in the procurement but knowing how the human mind works, I decided it would be safer if the would be partner had a sort of financial contribution too

You are right about the human element. However, the said partner you are looking for would have the same mind set as long as he/she is nija.
Having said that, do your due delligence follow and thread with care.
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by Ty207: 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2014
@sonnie10
You will buy 4 cars for 8k$?
Secondly you will sell 8k$ cars for 4m? shocked
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by sonnie10: 12:02am On Nov 23, 2014
Ty207:
@sonnie10
You will buy 4 cars for 8k$?
Secondly you will sell 8k$ cars for 4m? shocked

I was even being modest. You may be able to get cars for less that that amount.

Well, to explain more, all the cost involved will go into the cars. That is, cost of container and cost of clearing. At the end of the day, $8 + $6.5K + total cost of clearing the container in naira (about #1.3M) .The total you divide by 4 . That will be the landing cost for each car.

You got it confused with buying four cars for $8k and selling #4M. Haba!!
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 8:31am On Nov 23, 2014
sonnie10:

You are right about the human element. However, the said partner you are looking for would have the same mind set as long as he/she is nija.
Having said that, do your due delligence follow and thread with care.

I don't get what u driving out. The same partner having d same mindset-hell m investing 6m into this.
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by sonnie10: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2014
freetowns:

I don't get what u driving out. The same partner having d same mindset-hell m investing 6m into this.

All am saying is that there is nothing like trust when it comes to money. If you are comfortable with giving a total stranger #6M with the believe that he will add his own #6M and ship the goods, then go ahead with the plans.

What i want you to know is that even if you involve lawyers and ask the partner to sign tonnes of document, it is still not certain what might happen.

Pray for the right directions.
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by kentochi(m): 9:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
sonnie10:

All am saying is that there is nothing like trust when it comes to money. If you are comfortable with giving a total stranger #6M with the believe that he will add his own #6M and ship the goods, then go ahead with the plans.

What i want you to know is that even if you involve lawyers and ask the partner to sign tonnes of document, it is still not certain what might happen.

well said bro....,
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by freetowns: 8:23am On Nov 24, 2014
sonnie10:

OK seen
Re: Any Business Person In USA?? by mrramadan(m): 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
freetowns:
Hey guys,
I am currently looking for a man or woman (living in USA) who is interested in partnering wiv me in bringing in goods from USA.

I currently sale UK cosmetics and toiletries at the popular TradeFair complex in Lagos. I have slowly studied the US market here and I am well interested in diversifying to US products.

I have enough finance, but looking for someone who would wanna partner wiv me.

The idea is the partner handles the buying from the US while I handle the selling in Nigeria.

Goods that we can sale well here are: Pringle, Bounty tissues, Daily Chef Non dairy creamer, Famous Amos biscuits, Quaker Oats, Wilson Cranola Oil, Irish Spring Shower Gels, honey bunches, Netscape, caprisuns.

The idea is d partner source for the goods in USA, loads d goods in a container with 2 accidented cars. I sale d goods in Nigeria n remit money bck

I would have loved to join but I am not current based there. But if you have business in UAE, then I'm your guy...

(1) (Reply)

Etisalat Footy Tips / How To Deliver Real Sign-up Gig On Fiverr. / Nationwide Ecommerce Delivery Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.