Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note - Business (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note (105615 Views)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Sanusi Did Not Re-introduce Arabic Inscriptions On Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by drehdinho(m): 5:04am On Nov 19, 2014
isomadtech:
This issue of Arabic language is a script that has been written for Nigerian leaders to follow. For you to be a president, you must be a stooge to the caliphate. The only exceptions we have so far is Abacha and Goodluck. The issue of geopolitical zones was never written in our constitution but an avenue to access the work done so far and to monitor each area. Do you know anything Christianity was never mentioned in Nigeria constitution while all other apparatus of the Islamic world were mentioned and you want to convince me that there is no agenda against Christianity in Nigeria. That is just the beginning, we shall soon raise 3 million signatures all around Nigeria to stand all these injustice being perpetrated. Let them remove anything that does not reveal true Nigerianess.

You explained it all sir. God bless you.

3 Likes

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 19, 2014
we dont want boko haram to understand our currency! we are winning the war!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by koko12(m): 11:55am On Nov 19, 2014
arsetalks:
Whats the complaints about? Nigeria has more than 200 languages? Every group should have their language inscribed on the naira notes?

Aptly said cool
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by PACHRIS(m): 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
Built2last:
The next to be removed should be the Arabic inscriptions on our military badges, and rankings....Nigeria is a secular state...period.

This madness has to stop, National assembly is built like a mosque, the presidential villa is built like a mosque....This country belongs to us all and is never a religious state. visit any ministry, parastatal or agency of the government in Abuja. the master plan of those buildings have mosques...They couldn't have the freedom to do that in Lagos, and came up with the script that the capital of Nigeria has to be at the center of Nigeria.

We just need to be security conscious cos in matter of days the news that Hausa/Islamic Inscriptions has been removed will go viral, they will tag all of us HARNI (meaning Unbeliever) and may go on rampage killing themselves not me.

I remember my uncle who was a member of MPR telling me that Soludo had good plans for the Naira but the northern hegemony wont allow him. That his problem with Yaradua began the day he raised it in their meeting that Nigeria is a secular state and so should not have any religious inscription in our currency. He said YARADUA heard of it before that meeting ended. Of course his brothers informed him. Yaradua called Soludo as the meeting was ending to ask how true.

Most people think Soludos tenure was not renewed because of the planned devaluation of the naira which presidency claims they were not carried along. but the inscription on the naira was the genesis of Soludos crisis with Yaradua. OBJs grand plan was that Soludo should remain and complete the devaluatuion plan.

In days to come expect the northern elites reaction to this removal.and may be Bokoharam taking more innocent lives in protest...Nigeria belongs to them and we are their slaves...so an average northerner thinks.

Except for those suffering from historical Amnesia, the 2015 struggle to take power by the north is never born out of the love for Nigeria. The North has not forgiven Southern Nigeria for the death of Yaradua. In their heart, in their mosques, its a subject of discuss that Jonathan is seating on their chance and must be unseated no matter what. Ineeded, Jonathan has disappointed all of us greatly but the North seeking power on the premise that it belongs to them or based on vendetta is a NO NO for me and all intellectual minds.

I dont know how we came up with Quota system, but that stuff has only served in the interest of the north. I dont know any southerner who has benefited from Quota system. We sacrificed merit at the altar of that Northern grand plan. If not tell me why Fashola should not be given APC presidential ticket to have a good election. But try that and see the viper react...It must be them or nothing.They annuled June 12, gave it to Weak Shonekan for few months and chased him out again, killed Abiola in the prison so that , his case will remain in the ash bin of history. Today, my people cry for remeberance of June 12 and they laugh from Minna and Kano.they knew what they were doing... If you are up north during the election, and Jonathan is declared winner, better run for your life. They will unleash the evil dragon, what Bokoharam is doing now is childs play compared to the plan.

bookmark this and quote me on Feb 14th.

i can smell.pepper too
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by mytym(m): 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2014
Built2last:
The next to be removed should be the Arabic inscriptions on our military badges, and rankings....Nigeria is a secular state...period.

This madness has to stop, National assembly is built like a mosque, the presidential villa is built like a mosque....This country belongs to us all and is never a religious state. visit any ministry, parastatal or agency of the government in Abuja. the master plan of those buildings have mosques...They couldn't have the freedom to do that in Lagos, and came up with the script that the capital of Nigeria has to be at the center of Nigeria.

We just need to be security conscious cos in matter of days the news that Hausa/Islamic Inscriptions has been removed will go viral, they will tag all of us HARNI (meaning Unbeliever) and may go on rampage killing themselves not me.

I remember my uncle who was a member of MPR telling me that Soludo had good plans for the Naira but the northern hegemony wont allow him. That his problem with Yaradua began the day he raised it in their meeting that Nigeria is a secular state and so should not have any religious inscription in our currency. He said YARADUA heard of it before that meeting ended. Of course his brothers informed him. Yaradua called Soludo as the meeting was ending to ask how true.

Most people think Soludos tenure was not renewed because of the planned devaluation of the naira which presidency claims they were not carried along. but the inscription on the naira was the genesis of Soludos crisis with Yaradua. OBJs grand plan was that Soludo should remain and complete the devaluatuion plan.

In days to come expect the northern elites reaction to this removal.and may be Bokoharam taking more innocent lives in protest...Nigeria belongs to them and we are their slaves...so an average northerner thinks.

Except for those suffering from historical Amnesia, the 2015 struggle to take power by the north is never born out of the love for Nigeria. The North has not forgiven Southern Nigeria for the death of Yaradua. In their heart, in their mosques, its a subject of discuss that Jonathan is seating on their chance and must be unseated no matter what. Indeeded, Jonathan has disappointed all of us greatly but the North seeking power on the premise that it belongs to them or based on vendetta is a NO NO for me and all intellectual minds.

I dont know how we came up with Quota system, but that stuff has only served in the interest of the north. I dont know any southerner who has benefited from Quota system. We sacrificed merit at the altar of that Northern grand plan. If not tell me why Fashola should not be given APC presidential ticket to have a good election. But try that and see the viper react...It must be them or nothing.They annuled June 12, gave it to Weak Shonekan for few months and chased him out again, killed Abiola in the prison so that , his case will remain in the ash bin of history. Today, my people cry for remeberance of June 12 and they laugh from Minna and Kano.they knew what they were doing... If you are up north during the election, and Jonathan is declared winner, better run for your life. They will unleash the evil dragon, what Bokoharam is doing now is childs play compared to the plan.

Nice one, it can't be said any clearer...Be Prepared!

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Dolypson04(m): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
“The Ajami writing was purposely meant
to enable Hausa and other tribes that
had learnt Arabic long before English to
read the currency."
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Dolypson04(m): 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2014
Dolypson04:
“The Ajami writing was purposely meant
to enable Hausa and other tribes that
had learnt Arabic long before English to
read the currency."
So funny. Must we read writings on a currency note before we know its value? Even a three year old baby can differentiate between #10 & #20. Does that show he knows how to read?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Angelou(m): 5:37pm On Nov 19, 2014
i think this is one of the most significant contribution of GEJ's administration to uphold nigeria's stand as a secular state where there is right to freedom of religion, and not as the FEDERAL ISLAMIC SULTANATE OF NIGERIA which some bastards are trying to create. the next step now is to change the arabic inscriptions on the NDA's logo and replace with either our lingua franca or a combinations of nigeria's indigenous languages....
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by bolaji777: 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2014
U ar d one its strange to
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by bolaji777: 9:26pm On Nov 19, 2014
Independent gave by d muslim then, i think they mad
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jojotemitopaz(m): 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2014
drehdinho:

You explained it all sir. God bless you.
kai your coments here shows how insensitive and selfish you chistains are...here in the south west u carry your religion like its the only religion that exists. On d radio, on tv etc...some stations and radios dont even mention anything islamic except its bad news, cool fm, channels, rhythm, stv...name them....its always one church programne or the nxt...in schools on assemblies only a few schs allow muslims say their prayers on friday..some dont even allow them go for jumat...how many offices do u know dat allow muslims worship as they aught to...all that deffinately means nothing cuz we dont complain, yet u are yelling here cuz some text was written in arabicon our currency dat was removed....really how more selfish cud u be. Look if u guys cant see how much tolerance your immediate muslim neighbor is that u suddenly feel threatened cuz someppl who you dont really know are perlertuating crime in d name of religion. If u see recognize them more that those uv continually lived with in peace all these while then id just say u looking for reasons to hate what has really done u any harm...boko haram is an enemy of the state, its an enemy to islam just as it is to chhistainity and other tribes that dont share their sentiment. Unfortinately, only those who have wisdom wouldunderstand beyond wats metions and make corrections where neccessay others which I can see fall into the majority here would only keep ranting and ranting over wat hasnt harmed u...na una sabi
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by biggerboyc(m): 11:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
How many people read this alphabet before recognizing figure. U wet dey fight say they remove Arabic, is it the figure that make u recognize Nigerian currency or inscription. Even my grandmother no dey read all this, Kai she Don Sabi everything. Since they remove aljami if they give u the new 100naira note reject am and come an give me
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by biggerboyc(m): 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
jojotemitopaz:
kai your coments here shows how insensitive and selfish you chistains are...here in the south west u carry your religion like its the only religion that exists. On d radio, on tv etc...some stations and radios dont even mention anything islamic except its bad news, cool fm, channels, rhythm, stv...name them....its always one church programne or the nxt...in schools on assemblies only a few schs allow muslims say their prayers on friday..some dont even allow them go for jumat...how many offices do u know dat allow muslims worship as they aught to...all that deffinately means nothing cuz we dont complain, yet u are yelling here cuz some text was written in arabicon our currency dat was removed....really how more selfish cud u be. Look if u guys cant see how much tolerance your immediate muslim neighbor is that u suddenly feel threatened cuz someppl who you dont really know are perlertuating crime in d name of religion. If u see recognize them more that those uv continually lived with in peace all these while then id just say u looking for reasons to hate what has really done u any harm...boko haram is an enemy of the state, its an enemy to islam just as it is to chhistainity and other tribes that dont share their sentiment. Unfortinately, only those who have wisdom wouldunderstand beyond wats metions and make corrections where neccessay others which I can see fall into the majority here would only keep ranting and ranting over wat hasnt harmed u...na una sabi
Bros permit me to quote you. I love southwest. The best place in Nigeria so far. Radio program is a paid program and if a Cristian paid for sometime on radio should they stop them. In kwara state guess what they are trying to propose "Christian school will start to say islamic prayer". The government post in the southwest is mostly occupied by muslim so that is not an issue. Bros uncle daddy no vex if the initiator of this is a Muslim what will be ur reaction. Will it still be the same. Note that we cannot have the same view on the same matter that is why we are called human
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by azyzyk: 12:31am On Nov 20, 2014
Naija, when are we going to speak with one voice?. we always find our way into one sentiment or the other. the ajami written on Nigeria currency is not Arabic words but hausa adapted method of written in Arabic which majority of people in the north understand better cos it was beeng use before the English language was adopted in Nigeria. Even as we are talking today there is still a lot of Nigerian speaking Arabic as there native language in borno state called SHUWA ARAB.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by EyesulO(m): 1:15am On Nov 20, 2014
hjr2014:

Stupid but funny
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Afroconnect: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2014
nagoma:

Go to school my friend. You need education.
Islam and Christianity are middle eastern religions. You may not know that Nazareth the home of Jesus and where Jesus lived, is 70% Muslim even today as we speak.
you are a fool,you are still talking geography,but am talking culture of the Arabs-Nazareth is a place where majority are Chrstians,i never argued that there are no Christians in the middle east- there are hundreds of towns and scores of countries in the middle east-Most are now occupied by Muslims cos of the violent nature of the Arabs,invading areas and forcing people to accept their religion.

If you read early history, even before Islam,the Persians who are present day Iranians have occupied the middle east wielding control, hence when Mohammed started his Islamic following,living around Medina,he absorbed most of the Arabic cultures he learnt as a kid into it,the Arabs seeing an opportunity took a hold of it and started using it as a tool of indoctrination cos they know that religion is the easiest means of control for power and wealth.

Culture is where you come from,religion is something that you learn't from your parents or what you imbibe via influences- so blind idiot don't forget you are an African while you follow your religion cos these Arabs are using you lot,to them all Muslims are under them,colonized under their power.

1 Like

Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by nagoma(m): 11:33am On Nov 20, 2014
Afroconnect:

you are a fool,you are still talking geography,but am talking culture of the Arabs-Nazareth is a place where majority are Chrstians,i never argued that there are no Christians in the middle east- there are hundreds of towns and scores of countries in the middle east-Most are now occupied by Muslims cos of the violent nature of the Arabs,invading areas and forcing people to accept their religion.

If you read early history, even before Islam,the Persians who are present day Iranians have occupied the middle east wielding control, hence when Mohammed started his Islamic following,living around Medina,he absorbed most of the Arabic cultures he learnt as a kid into it,the Arabs seeing an opportunity took a hold of it and started using it as a tool of indoctrination cos they know that religion is the easiest means of control for power and wealth.

Culture is where you come from,religion is something that you learn't from your parents or what you imbibe via influences- so blind idiot don't forget you are an African while you follow your religion cos these Arabs are using you lot,to them all Muslims are under them,colonized under their power.

You are honestly the most uneducated and ignorant person I met on NL. Do yourself a favor - go to school or enroll for adult education ( assuming that you are actually adult). I'm giving you a good advice , instead of listening attentively you are calling me a fool.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Agrika: 11:45am On Nov 20, 2014
Akiika:
Nigerians with their idiotic and moronic thinking......they have no issues with the English inscription on the notes o! It is the arabic inscription that bothers them, awon ode! E no go better for the people wey mess up una head like this.
If you really want to make sense other than bigotry, advocate for it to be made in only Nigerian language. You can't find a single English on Chinese note.
Can I ask you something, what is the accepted lingua franca
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Georgry(m): 12:03pm On Nov 20, 2014
Built2last:

Except for those suffering from historical Amnesia, the 2015 struggle to take power by the north is never born out of the love for Nigeria. The North has not forgiven Southern Nigeria for the death of Yaradua. In their heart, in their mosques, its a subject of discuss that Jonathan is seating on their chance and must be unseated no matter what. Ineeded, Jonathan has disappointed all of us greatly but the North seeking power on the premise that it belongs to them or based on vendetta is a NO NO for me and all intellectual minds.

.............y should nigeria put the election on febuary 14...valantine day nko
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by BraniacX(m): 2:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
nagoma:

No but is closer to you historically than English which came thru conquest .

Oh! shocked and usman, son of dan fodio came through peace right?

I didn't think so grin
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by bobbylegend(m): 2:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
nagoma:

Arabic doesn't mean Islamic dumbo. Arabs knew Christ in person and millions of Arabs were Christians when your ancestors were living on trees and intermarrying with monkeys.
[color=#006600][/color][quote][/quote]

Foolish fool. Arabic in this context co-relate with islam. Go back to the post, ur short brain should be able to understand the motive of the writer. Stop being...
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by BraniacX(m): 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2014
nagoma:

Arabic doesn't mean Islamic dumbo. Arabs knew Christ in person and millions of Arabs were Christians when your ancestors were living on trees and intermarrying with monkeys.

And fast foward to today wiseass, the descendants of these all so superior arabs who knew Christ in person evolved into baby girls fucking paedophiles, very ignorant and intolerant islamic fanatics(with pakistan as the shining beacon), pro and pseudo terrorist/actual terrorists (majority of ISIS fighters were born and brought up in Europe afterall) and what not busily setting the standards and blazing the trail in everything negative by modern standards while we are............we are, well, our ancestors lived on trees and married monkeys afterall, plus, we make no claims to being superior but we chose not to follow your standards so NO ARABIC CHIKENA!
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by BraniacX(m): 3:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
BetaThings:

Let us do it

First move is yours
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by bakila: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
blasterman:

BE arguing, The quran was written in classical arabic most arabs dont even understand it talkless of u alhaji aka stranger.

When u die u are a spirit nobody can see your body. Your body is the property of the ground like it or not but ur soul belongs to the higher forces.

How can killing of your body lead to immortality?

Thats y i say alot of u are brainwashed and u need to open ur mind and accept that ur on a wrong path-Better late than never they say

Do any arab country have hausa , igbo or yoruba etc in their currency -No but y are africans so easily brainwashed then u say the white man is racist because he says ur inferior.

Easily brainwashed africans

I wont talk Qur'an nor its text being Arabic and Arabic lettering with you as you ignorance of he topic is deep. You the African who is not brainwashed is there a whiteman anywhere in the world? you brianwashed non-african, answer if there is a white man anywhere?
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Rexyl(m): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
Built2last:

hmmm. May God save this country from her real enemies. And may we all know the truth. Your analysis made my heart thump. Someone wouldn't know whether to weep for Nigeria or laugh at her.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by Pecca: 9:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
jojotemitopaz:
its called arabic numerals because the concept of numbering from 0 to 9, algebra and algorithm was modified with the then islamic mathematical Scholars and scientist...they laid the foundation of modern arithmetic and astrology...dats not to say the figures are arabic

will do my own search.
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by jojotemitopaz(m): 8:54am On Nov 29, 2014
Pecca:

will do my own search.
its very straight foward, just google d names and ud see the history yourself...the history of mordern day mathematics n astrology began from islamic studies. ARABIC NUMERALS, ALGEBRA, ALGORITHM...you could extend your research to the ottom empire...history of turkey, real madrid...maybe ud see who really spead religion with the sword...read on the crusaders...
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by davidonoja: 9:24am On Nov 29, 2014
bright8:
About time jare. No ethnic group owns Nigeria more than the other.English is our official language. If you no sabi am, leave am!

I like you die u sabi something
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by davidonoja: 9:33am On Nov 29, 2014
maclatunji:

Comments like yours make me laugh.

What funny there he. Has a point
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by davidonoja: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2014
All dose people that are complaining on the
removal of arabic writing abeg Saudi arabia no far
o dose dis country look like an arab nation .na small small arabic would son b remove from all note ,logo etc and you can get angry about it fanatics
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by davidonoja: 10:01am On Nov 29, 2014
vedaxcool:

Quite wrong!

Quite wrong how?,even my grandpa who can't read or write know 100 naira when he sees it. And if they can't ,it shows the high level of illiteracy from that part
Re: Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note by davidonoja: 10:18am On Nov 29, 2014
hjr2014:

That very true

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Football Betting: Season 2 / Step By Step Procedure On How To Produce Quality Emulsion Paint By Yourself / Travel Box Given As Souvenirs At Fatima Dangote & Jamil Abubakar's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.