Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,919 members, 7,802,987 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Confidence Destroyers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Confidence Destroyers (358 Views)

10 Toxic Behaviors That Kill Your Confidence / Vote Of No Confidence On Sexkillz / 5 Steps To Develop Self-Confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Confidence Destroyers by workgist: 5:18pm On Nov 17, 2014
Children are born with two natural fears: 1) the fear of falling and 2) the fear of loud noise. Aside from these fears all other fears are learned. Just as these fears are learnt you can also learn to be supremely confident. Fear as we know is real and the greatest enemy to success. Below we highlight five confidence destroying fears that you are likely to face on the road to success. 1) Fear of success, 2) Fear of failure, 3) Fear of rejection, 4) Fear of taking a risk and 5) Fear of the unknown.
CONFIDENCE DESTROYER 1- FEAR OF SUCCESS
Yes, many people are actually afraid of becoming successful. You will think everybody wants to be successful, but life has taught me that many people actually sabotage their own success, just to stay at a comfortable, mediocre level.
These kinds of people sometimes appear to be very humble and modest and are disgusted by others who are highly confident. They feel unworthy and undeserving of higher levels of success. You will hear words like “I don’t think I need to earn more money”, “what will people think of me if I become very successful. People can experience fear of success because they don’t want others to think less of them or suspects they have become successful, rich or have dreams beyond their current status in life. If you have this fear, you need to be convinced that it is appropriate to like yourself and that you are worthy of higher level of success.
CONFIDENCE DESTROYER 2- FEAR OF FAILURE
This fear will keep you from attempting to do things that you have always longed to do. Fear of failure keeps you stuck at a job that you hate or a career path that is leading you no were, its stops you from making forward progress in your life. Being confident means that you are not deterred by problems, mistakes or errors because they are only setbacks and not failures. Confident people recognise that three steps forward and two steps back still equals one step forward.http://www.workgist.com/confidence-destroyers/

1 Like

Re: Confidence Destroyers by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
"Fake it till you make it" is an extremely good advice when building confidence.

[EDIT]

Children also have a natural fear of darkness.

(1) (Reply)

Did Nigeria Police Purchase Camouflage With Their Income? / 2nd Semester Exams 4 All Nairalanders / Egypt: Ex-ruler Hosni Mubarak,accused In Deaths Of Hundreds,cleared Of Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.