Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,568 members, 7,801,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) (4515 Views)

Mimiko Meets OPC Members Over Killing Of Colleague By Fulani’s Herdsmen / Rivers APC Cries Out Over Killing , Arrest Of Members - Graphic Picture Warning / Riot In Ede Land, Osun State As Elemo Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
There was violence in Ede, Osun State, on Monday as hoodlums invaded the residence of a man identified as Lukman a.k.a Elemo and killed him.
Our correspondent gathered that the killing was carried out in the early hours of the day.
Elemo, who was said to be the leader of a gang known as Atapara Base was said to have been killed by members of a rival gang known as ‘Farombi Group.’
The killing reportedly triggered a large scale violence as members of the deceased’s gang who were seething with rage were said to have brought his corpse in a wheel barrow to the Palace of the Timi of Ede.
The angry youths were said to have stormed the palace fully armed while pushing the wheel barrow bearing the remains of Elemo. The development caused panic as students who were going to their various schools were said to have run in various directions while some of them were injured in the process.
Shop owners also refused to open for the fear of been hit by various dangerous weapons which members of the aggrieved group were brandishing.
There were reported cases of bloody clash as members of the two warring groups engaged each other at various points within the town.
A resident of the town who identified himself as Taiwo told our correspondent that a house was razed down before policemen and other security agents drafted to quell the riot could overpower the hoodlums.
He said, “The whole town became tensed after Elemo was killed. I heard that his head was cut off although this is difficult to ascertain. But his corpse was taken to the palace.
” Some people were injured and I cannot say if others were killed because the two rival groups engaged each other in fights in some areas in the town.”
The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mrs. Folasade Odoro, confirmed the killing to our correspondent on the telephone.
http://www.punchng.com/news/violence-in-ede-over-killing-of-gang-leader/
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
There ain't any real law in this country anyway..if not, what nonsense are all these?
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by GboyegaD(m): 7:04pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ede used to be a very peaceful town. Loved the town to pieces.
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Nov 17, 2014
GboyegaD:
Ede used to be a very peaceful town. Loved the town to pieces.
The problem is gang, I don't know what caused that, they now have different gangs with different leaders, and you know gangs are always fighting for superiority.
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by GboyegaD(m): 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
salaksmana:
The problem is gang, I don't know what caused that, they now have different gangs with different leaders, and you know gangs are always fighting for superiority.

Yeah, just wondering what could have steered up gangs in such a great town. They were nice people who were never materialistic back then. Many families were quite poor but yet satisfied.
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
GboyegaD:

Yeah, just wondering what could have steered up gangs in such a great town. They were nice people who were never materialistic back then. Many families were quite poor but yet satisfied.
Politicians na
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by doctokwus: 8:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
GboyegaD:

I won't b surprised if the gangwar has to do with who collects market and motorpark fees.80% of recent gangwars in any part of Nigeria has to do with collection of various kinds of fees from traders,transporters and social event organisers.Money is d root of it all.
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by GboyegaD(m): 9:01pm On Nov 17, 2014
doctokwus:

I won't b surprised if the gangwar has to do with who collects market and motorpark fees.80% of recent gangwars in any part of Nigeria has to do with collection of various kinds of fees from traders,transporters and social event organisers.Money is d root of it all.

It is well. The challenge of our society then must be greed. I think there's so much money in circulation coupled with idle youths who have entitlement mentality. We need empower our youths and reorientate them.
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by juman(m): 9:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
salaksmana:

The problem is acute poverty.

People that supposed to be busy thinking of how to pay their mortgages but instead forming senseless gangs because they have nothing tangible to do with their time.

One nigeria is this country problem. A 54 years country but not functioning.

A country of bad leaders.
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by chukjojo(m): 9:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
Eyaaa, peaceful town has been infilltreted by various gangs and cults from south-east. Or are you telling me that cultism is also in west?

1 Like

Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by Oment5: 11:00pm On Nov 17, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
There ain't any real law in Yo-robber land. anyway..if not, what nonsense are all these?
FIXED.
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by Oment5: 11:02pm On Nov 17, 2014
Yo-robber is the bane of hoodlums in Nigeria and maybe in the world by extension.
Re: Violence In Ede Over Killing Of Gang Leader (elemo) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:05pm On Nov 17, 2014
Oment5:
FIXED.
Oment5:
Yo-robber is the bane of hoodlums in Nigeria and maybe in the world by extension.
I wonder how lenient u decided to be dt the dogs brought saw, cut ur skull, removed that your fungi-infected brain, and started cooking...they even sent u to go buy maggi, and them chop am for ur front..

Ehn...how more stoopid can u be?

(1) (Reply)

APC Sweeps Kwara Federal Elections / Who Is Maj.-gen. Babagana Monguno (rtd.) – The New National Security Adviser / See What Muslim Rights Concern Said They'll Do If Pres. Buhari Bans Hijab.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.