Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,665 members, 7,801,920 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Should FG Scrap The NYSC Scheme?? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should FG Scrap The NYSC Scheme?? (785 Views)

Should The National Youth Service Corps (nysc) Scheme Be Reformed Or Scrapped? / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / President Buhari To Introduce Modified NYSC Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should FG Scrap The NYSC Scheme?? by ooofreezy(m): 7:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
I was listening to a radio programme a couple of minutes ago and the issue was raised that should the nysc scheme be scrapped due to the level of Unemployment in the country and secondly some corp members lose their lives in the process of serving their country.
In my own view i think the scheme should be scrapped and corp members should be given the money to encourage enterpreneurship skills.
So guys what's your take on this issue
Re: Should FG Scrap The NYSC Scheme?? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
Well i used to have your mentality but when i came to realise the reasons why the nysc was put into law, i saw the importance of it..
Re: Should FG Scrap The NYSC Scheme?? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Well i used to have your mentality but when i came to realise the reasons why the nysc was put into law, i saw the importance of it..

So why was it put into law?
Re: Should FG Scrap The NYSC Scheme?? by armadeo(m): 8:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
Yes.

@ hector...It has outlived its usefulness despite the initial good intentions
Re: Should FG Scrap The NYSC Scheme?? by ooofreezy(m): 9:15pm On Nov 17, 2014
armadeo:
Yes.

@ hector...It has outlived its usefulness despite the initial good intentions

I share ur veiw, this scheme has outlived its usefulness and as a result should be scrapped! I used to be one of those that kicked against scrapping nysc then, but after my service year I knw better....
Let me share little experience with you while we were serving:
it happend that I was serving in a remote local government in my state of deployment, can u imagine that abt a month to pop(passing out parade) armed robbers invaded our lodge at about 2.am in the middle of d night,they pointed a gun through our window and asked us to open the door, initially we hesitated but we discovered that what they had in their hands was a locally made gun which was too real to be fake! So we open the door and they entered d lodge. They request we give them #200,000 as a corper where do we get that kind of money from?? To cut the story short they made away with about 4 android phones 2 laptops and some cash!
So what am trying to say in ensence is that this NYSC scheme has exposed a lot of graduates to danger and shud be scrabbed.

1 Like

Re: Should FG Scrap The NYSC Scheme?? by Carmal90(m): 10:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
ooofreezy:

I share ur veiw, this scheme has outlived its usefulness and as a result should be scrapped! I used to be one of those that kicked against scrapping nysc then, but after my service year I knw better....
Let me share little experience with you while we were serving:
it happend that I was serving in a remote local government in my state of deployment, can u imagine that abt a month to pop(passing out parade) armed robbers invaded our lodge at about 2.am in the middle of d night,they pointed a gun through our window and asked us to open the door, initially we hesitated but we discovered that what they had in their hands was a locally made gun which was too real to be fake! So we open the door and they entered d lodge. They request we give them #200,000 as a corper where do we get that kind of money from?? To cut the story short they made away with about 4 android phones 2 laptops and some cash!
So what am trying to say in ensence is that this NYSC scheme has exposed a lot of graduates to danger and shud be scrabbed.
so are u telling me u cannot be robbed @ur home/town/city

(1) (Reply)

What Do I Do Before NYSC. / ANAMBRA STATE Pls Pay Our July Allawe / Corpers In Edo And Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.