Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:41 AM

Nigerian Doctors And Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Doctors And Strike (660 Views)

Nigerian Doctors Allege Plot To Incite Health Workers Against Buhari / NMA Press Release On Ebola Management And Strike / PUNCH Editorial: Nigerian Doctors Have Abused Strike Weapon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Doctors And Strike by gpdkingpin1(m): 7:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
DOCTOR’S STRIKE

I once met a five year old girl, who told me that she wanted to become a doctor because she wanted to save lives and nothing more and in those little glittering eyes were shimmers of hope. We met again when she turned sixteen and she re affirmed that her aim had not changed a bit and she couldn’t wait to start snatching lives from the cold hands of death.

I stumbled on her on her graduation and I saw those glittering eyes still hoarding hope and I was happy.

Then I saw her a year later, I could barely recognise her, she looked ravishing and dashing then I looked into her eyes and it wasn’t glittering anymore, it was dry and banal.

Where has the hope eloped to I asked myself?

She was now piloting a doctor’s strike action!!!!!  ‘why?’ is the inevitable question……

Was it as a result of non-payment of salaries or a drop in it, that would be reasonable I reasoned conscious of the fact that a job is a means of survival but then, when the answer hit me, I became amazed.

How can you go on strike because of a declaration of the Federal Government to make a post attainable by other medical practitioners!!! How poor, cheap, malodorous, spurious, detestable, lousy, ungodly and banal is this??

Where is her love for the profession? I asked

What could have killed her dreams of saving lives so soon? I pondererd

Isn’t she aware that persons are dying during this period? I shudder

Why did you study medicine?  I asked her

Is it because YOU were cajoled to by your parents or because you have a burning desire to save lives and bring smiles to faces of persons   I asked her

A boy had a seizure and was rushed to a hospital and YOU were not there to attend to him so he died.

A man with 7 children had high blood pressure and was rushed to a hospital and YOU were not there so he passed on.

A pregnant woman died with her baby because YOU were not there to give her adequate care.

A baby convulsed and died because when the parents got to the hospital, they couldn’t find YOU.

A final year petroleum engineering student collapsed and was rushed to the hospital and YOU were not there.

A fifteen year old boy was involved in a car crash and rushed to a hospital but where were YOU

Is this your dream??
What happened to your glittering eyes?

The famous Ben Carson spearheaded an operation to separate Siamese twins for 22 hours without a break. He did this because he still had that glitter in his eyes. He’s living his dream of saving lives and putting smiles on faces.

Are you living yours??

Next time you want to execute a strike action, ask yourself, is it worth the collateral damage.

Parents, NEVER you force a child to pursue a career of your choice because they end up being misfits and possess no love or passion for their profession.

There are other ways of proving your point or stating your claim without causing UNNECESSARY collateral damage.

I’ll love to hear from you, send comments and stories to gpojehumen@yahoo.com .

JOSEPH GOD’SPOWER.
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Strike by armadeo(m): 8:16pm On Nov 17, 2014
OK.

On behalf of Nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Strike by hybridtm(m): 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
Should.... i save lifes at the expense of my life......doctors are frustrated of a system... were other medics don,t kn there limit
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Strike by gpdkingpin1(m): 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
yea, but people died. a whole lot. there are other ways of passing their point across
Re: Nigerian Doctors And Strike by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:37am On Nov 18, 2014
Which bush do you live in? Doctors are not on strike right now, it is the other health care support staff that are on strike . The people also known as JOHESU!
Can you please close the thread now? Next time get your facts right!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Doctors And Strike by gpdkingpin1(m): 3:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
you know, its common knowledge that people read not to understand but to reply. I'm writing so as to prevent another strike action. please, read thoroughly, think before commenting, it'll go a long way to help you. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Removing Body Organs Without Consent Permitted By The National Health Act, 2014 / Its Live On Konga.com!!! / Must Read | Health Benefits Of Eating Bananas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.