Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:18 AM

Error Codes From Nissan Murano - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Error Codes From Nissan Murano (6905 Views)

My Nissan Murano Key Refuses To Turn / Help Nissan Primera P11-144: Engine Not Starting Error Codes P0335 & P1336 / Why Is Nissan Murano Becoming Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error Codes From Nissan Murano by tkovie2002(m): 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hi,

I took my car (2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD) to a diagnostic center and when it was checked, the following codes came out:

C1103 - FR RH SENSOR - 1

C1107 - FR RH SENSOR - 2

C1143 - ST ANG SEN CIRCUIT

P1111 - INT/V TIM V/CIR-B1

P0550 - PW ST P SEN/CIRC

P1031 - A/F SEN1 HTR(B1)

Please I would like detailed explanations on these codes and possible solutions.

ALSO, My car consumes fuel alot. When I checked online, the average MPG for a 2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD is 18/23 mpg (City / Highway). But my trip computer shows that my car runs on 8.8MPG Which is almost twice the consumption of a 2014 Bentley GTC (15/24 mpg). I thought it was misreading so each time I go to the petrol station, I clear my trip computer and calculate how many miles I drive until my tank goes empty and that is exactly what I get. So please I want you all to proffer the best solutions to my problems as I don't want to spend excess money taking the car to a NISSAN dealership. I have access to a good diagnostic center/Mechanic here but I want to first understand my problem and explore all possible solutions.

This morning, I was doing my regular oil, water and coolant check and when I turned on the car to idle for some minutes, I noticed the odometer needle rising up to 30MPH while the car was running idle and the gear was in Park (P). I'm really confused right now and don't know what next to do.

I hope someone has a solution to my "truckload" of problems LOL.

THanks
Re: Error Codes From Nissan Murano by icemann(m): 10:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Did your car visit any electrician or did water entered your Engine bay?

How long has this been going on?

Did you work on the suspension recently?
Re: Error Codes From Nissan Murano by tkovie2002(m): 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
icemann:
Did your car visit any electrician or did water entered your Engine bay?
How long has this been going on?
Did you work on the suspension recently?

The only electrician that touched my car recently was the one who changed the headlight bulbs and he also worked on the driver window that wasnt winding up.

Water didn't enter the car and I changed my shock absorbers about two months ago when I just bought the car.
Re: Error Codes From Nissan Murano by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:44am On Nov 18, 2014
tkovie2002:
Hi,

I took my car (2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD) to a diagnostic center and when it was checked, the following codes came out:

C1103 - FR RH SENSOR - 1

C1107 - FR RH SENSOR - 2

C1143 - ST ANG SEN CIRCUIT

P1111 - INT/V TIM V/CIR-B1

P0550 - PW ST P SEN/CIRC

P1031 - A/F SEN1 HTR(B1)

Please I would like detailed explanations on these codes and possible solutions.

ALSO, My car consumes fuel alot. When I checked online, the average MPG for a 2004 Nissan Murano SE AWD is 18/23 mpg (City / Highway). But my trip computer shows that my car runs on 8.8MPG Which is almost twice the consumption of a 2014 Bentley GTC (15/24 mpg). I thought it was misreading so each time I go to the petrol station, I clear my trip computer and calculate how many miles I drive until my tank goes empty and that is exactly what I get. So please I want you all to proffer the best solutions to my problems as I don't want to spend excess money taking the car to a NISSAN dealership. I have access to a good diagnostic center/Mechanic here but I want to first understand my problem and explore all possible solutions.

This morning, I was doing my regular oil, water and coolant check and when I turned on the car to idle for some minutes, I noticed the odometer needle rising up to 30MPH while the car was running idle and the gear was in Park (P). I'm really confused right now and don't know what next to do.

I hope someone has a solution to my "truckload" of problems LOL.

THanks
In the future it would be nice to explain all the problems you are facing with your vehicle, including all the warning signals you have on your instrument cluster so we can decipher which is a pending/stored error and which is permanent. When technicians work on your vehicle and remove sockets of sensors when the ignition is turned on or when engine is running, the ecm (brainbox) registers an error which is stored. When the sensor sockets are re-cliped or put back the sensors function might be restored but the error does not go away until cleared using diagnostic equipment. That said I will dwell on just 2 of the codes until you respond.

The problem with your excessive fuel consumption is centred around the P1031 - A/F SEN1 HTR(B1),it is a type of oxygen sensor and the harness is either faulty or the part is now defective. Have it replaced before it kills your catalytic converter.

The p0550 is a code specific to nissan, and it refers to Power Steering Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction, check harness and check sensor.

[img]http://engine-codes.com/qa/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=13203761272250849505[/img]

smiley
Re: Error Codes From Nissan Murano by tkovie2002(m): 3:12am On Nov 18, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

In the future it would be nice to explain all the problems you are facing with your vehicle, including all the warning signals you have on your instrument cluster so we can decipher which is a pending/stored error and which is permanent. When technicians work on your vehicle and remove sockets of sensors when the ignition is turned on or when engine is running, the ecm (brainbox) registers an error which is stored. When the sensor sockets are re-cliped or put back the sensors function might be restored but the error does not go away until cleared using diagnostic equipment. That said I will dwell on just 2 of the codes until you respond.
The problem with your excessive fuel consumption is centred around the P1031 - A/F SEN1 HTR(B1),it is a type of oxygen sensor and the harness is either faulty or the part is now defective. Have it replaced before it kills your catalytic converter.

The p0550 is a code specific to nissan, and it refers to Power Steering Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction, check harness and check sensor.
[img]http://engine-codes.com/qa/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=13203761272250849505[/img]
smiley

Thanks for the explanation. Actually by the time I got the car, the catalyst was already damaged so it had to be removed and I've been driving it without a catalyst. The following lights are on when the car is running:

1. ABS
2. AWD
3. SLIP
4. Check Engine
5. VDC
6. Airbag light blinking

I hope this will help you give me a better explanation.

THanks
Re: Error Codes From Nissan Murano by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:37am On Nov 18, 2014
tkovie2002:

Thanks for the explanation. Actually by the time I got the car, the catalyst was already damaged so it had to be removed and I've been driving it without a catalyst. The following lights are on when the car is running:

1. ABS
2. AWD
3. SLIP
4. Check Engine
5. VDC
6. Airbag light blinking

THanks

Christmas light grin

C1103 - FR RH SENSOR - 1

C1107 - FR RH SENSOR - 2

These two errors are for abs sensors on your wheels, they are either faulty or their harness is disconected. Front right wheel. (I'm supprised there are 2 sensors in 1 wheel)

C1143 Nissan - Steering Angle Sensor Circuit this sensor is located behind the steering wheel the code C1143 is detected when the Neutral position of steering angle sensor is dislocated, or steering angle sensor is malfunctioning.
The sensor detects the rotation amount, angular velocity and direction of the steering wheel.

P1111 intake valve timing circuit
This could be caused by Faulty Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1
Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1 harness is open or shorted
Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid Valve Bank 1 circuit poor electrical connection.

Note.Since the Intake valve timing control solenoid valve uses oil flow to control timing, dirty oil can cause the valve to get stuck open or close. Before replacing the valve, change engine oil and filter and reset engine code.

wink
Re: Error Codes From Nissan Murano by icemann(m): 4:18am On Nov 18, 2014
tkovie2002:

1. ABS
2. AWD
3. SLIP
4. Check Engine
5. VDC
6. Airbag light blinking

THanks

Can you take a picture of the engine bay(at least 4 pics from Different angles including the fuse area).

(1) (Reply)

Our Petrol Really Has Serious Impurities / 2006 Toyota Camry Vs. 2006 Lexus ES330: Which Is Better & Why / Automatic Or Manual Transmission- Which Is More Practical?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.