Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! (2739 Views)

Pupils Attack Teachers With Guns In Osun / Beauty Vs. Brains: Most Beautiful Girl At UNILAG Rewarded With A Brand New Car, / University Of Ado Ekiti Part Time Students Bribe University With Cars. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by liveyourlife: 12:36am On Nov 18, 2014

[img]http://4.bp..com/-asqNsVYsARc/Ut5oyNbjktI/AAAAAAAABVg/VpMEg3sHfes/s1600/Merit3.JPG[/img]

[img]http://3.bp..com/-d14ydLUft5o/Ut5onPbg3zI/AAAAAAAABVY/75Xnv2y7Fu8/s1600/Merit2.JPG[/img]

THE Lagos State government on Tuesday last week presented news car to two teachers for excellent performances.

Funmilayo Akinlade of African Church Primary School, Mosan, Alimoso emerged the best teacher in the Primary School Category while Bose Deji-Oderinde of Wesley Girls’ Junior Secondary School, Yaba, emerged with the highest rating in the Secondary School Category.

The two teachers were among 57 awardees that were honoured by the state government at this year’s Education Merit Award ceremony held in Lagos.

Presenting the cars, Commissioner for Education, Olayinka Oladunjoye, said the initiative was part of ongoing activities of the state government to promote excellence in schools.

Oladunjoye reiterated that education remains a critical sector of any society because it ensures the transmission of positive core values from one generation to another. And this explains why teachers remain the strongest tool in the delivery of qualitative and standard education in the world.

The commissioner, therefore, assured the academic community that the State government would continue to embark on programmes and activities that would enhance teaching and learning in the schools.

She also appealed to stakeholders to continue to support the government in pursuit of a brighter and rewarding future for the children, in the hope of a greater and prosperous nation for us all.

The objective of the yearly award is to recognize and reward deserving public schools, teachers, principals, students/pupils and personnel in the education sector for their hard-work, high performance, high productivity and achievement in their fields of endeavours.

Oladunjoye noted that nine of the awardees had been shortlisted to compete with their counterparts from other States for the President’s Teachers and Schools’ national awards later in the year. Two of the state’s principals – Ayodele Abiodun Ayerin of Vetland Senior Secondary School, Agege, and Emmanuel Olu Adebiyi of Iju Junior Grammar School, Iju – have won national awards in 2013 and 2014 respectively.

Chairman of the occasion, a former Head of Service in the state, Adesegun Ogunlewe, earlier commended the State government for keeping faith with the state’s workforce and enjoined teachers to take advantage of ongoing reforms to enhance productivity.

Ogunlewe noted that the award ceremony is good evidence that the government is blazing the trail in human resource management. He urged the awardees to continue to put in their best, citing that the underlining reward for good work is more work.

Fifty-five other awardees ranging from students, teachers, principals, schools and staff were also honoured with different gift items such as freezer, refrigerators, and television set among others.

Source:http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/features/education/186384-lagos-rewards-best-teachers-with-cars

Anyways, organize classes online Visit http://
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 18, 2014
Front page

1 Like

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by olaric(m): 12:47am On Nov 18, 2014
Teachers can now get their rewards here on earth and not in heaven.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Smooyis(m): 1:05am On Nov 18, 2014
Congratulations my teachers!

2 Likes

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by liveyourlife: 1:24am On Nov 18, 2014
olaric:
Teachers can now get their rewards here on earth and not in heaven.

if na you nko? grin grin grin

Anyways, organize classes online Visit http://
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by liveyourlife: 1:24am On Nov 18, 2014
Bridgetown:
Front page

me three wink
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by StealthyMe(m): 2:07am On Nov 18, 2014
Its a wonderful development! At least,it'll spur the teachers and enable them teach at their bests...

1 Like

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by AceOfDiamonds(m): 2:35am On Nov 18, 2014
Excellent...this sort of motivation is necessary if you want improvement in the educational sector.

2 Likes

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by eightsin(m): 2:43am On Nov 18, 2014
Congratulations to them

2 Likes

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by liveyourlife: 2:49am On Nov 18, 2014
StealthyMe:
Its a wonderful development! At least,it'll spur the teachers and enable them teach at their bests...

You are On point smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by liveyourlife: 2:50am On Nov 18, 2014
AceOfDiamonds:
Excellent...this sort of motivation is necessary if you want improvement in the educational sector.

Yeah, Exactly.... cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by gunuvi(m): 6:11am On Nov 18, 2014
what are the criteria used

1 Like

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by KHAYGOLD(m): 7:14am On Nov 18, 2014
That's one of the benefits of a good government. Enjoy your cars cos it is deserved.
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by spenca: 7:38am On Nov 18, 2014
I can't find my teachers name there yet they would complain why I wasn't first in exams ....mschwwww olodos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 18, 2014
I actually applaud them for this. Teachers have been long neglected.

But then, what criteria was used in selecting the best teachers? And why only two?
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Rexphobia(m): 7:48am On Nov 18, 2014
Can I comment when I get to work?
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by zoeee(f): 7:52am On Nov 18, 2014
Best teacher? By whose standards
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 18, 2014
Nice one oga fashola. This is a really wonderful development, it would serve as a motivational platform for a more zestful contribution by the teachers to their students development.
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by rodeo0070(m): 8:05am On Nov 18, 2014
I guess Teachers no longer need to wait for their reward in heaven...
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by donmalcolm21(m): 8:07am On Nov 18, 2014
Fashola loves playing to the gallery, he gave out two cars and he splashed it on papers while the schools in lagos states are in bad condition .
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by dridowu: 8:11am On Nov 18, 2014
That means teacher reward are no more iin heaven
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by ekemit(m): 9:03am On Nov 18, 2014
The era of political reward,why now?why not since the era teachers measure yam with tape rule?
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 18, 2014
Is Lagos state in France?... I've never heard of it?
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Donfamous(m): 9:12am On Nov 18, 2014
This is d type of development we need, that will motivate our teachers to teach well, some teachers Ŋø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ dey try at all, very lazy peeps, mind u I know what I'♏ saying, aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ d few ones working shul be rewarded accordingly
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Dreyl(m): 9:35am On Nov 18, 2014
Wow! That's so nice.
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by nedu2000(m): 10:11am On Nov 18, 2014
Overall any of the following : increment of salaries ,better welfare packages and better teaching conditions would've gone a longer way but,well,its all gud smiley
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by femidejulius(m): 10:25am On Nov 18, 2014
Out of well over 2 thousand schools, how do you pick the best teacher? I mean, how exactly can you determine the best teacher? What criteria do you use? Best teacher my foot! The best teachers are amongst the once who will never win that award. This award is definitely based on political affinity and connections.
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 18, 2014
Lagos state setting the pace since 1908
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by blueheart(m): 10:32am On Nov 18, 2014
Wonderful
Re: Amazing, Lagos State Just Rewarded "Their Best Teachers" With Cars! by Sharon6(f): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2014
Wonderful development. This will encourage other teachers to be better.

Get rid of stretch marks.
www.nairaland.com/2000428/get-rid-stretch-marks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grammar Conflict: Converge ON Vs Converge AT / Oou Releases 2016/17 Academic Session Admission List / Difference Between SEX And Bleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.