Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,567 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship (41577 Views)

Picture Of Police Holding Handbag For Sokoto State First Lady / INEC Declares Tambuwal Winner Of Sokoto Governorship Poll / Breaking: Tambuwal Picks Sokoto Governorship Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 18, 2014
pendy79:
Great political manoveur by the APC we keep teaching the political neophyte in the PDP how the game is played.

Throw in Tambuwal into the midst, create a panicky and diversionary move and distort their thought process yet creating more awareness and putting the party into more public discussion and occupying the media space .

Who no know no go know. PR and Adverts at no cost.

Awa ni baba won

APC change !
And your little mind told you PPD was fooled even for once.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Jhydey192(m): 7:37am On Nov 18, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, being a Speaker or number 4th Citizen is just a mere title. He would still be loyal to the Governor of his state because he controls only a Constituency, while the Governor controls the whole State. If not that some Speakers are just too corrupt, they shouldn't be anywhere near the Governors when it comes to money.
from ur explanation, even a Senate president is not as big as the governor, right?

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 7:38am On Nov 18, 2014
Beazy:
The speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon Aminu Tambuwal, will soon declare his intention to join the Sokoto State governorship race on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Though some members of the House had purchased the APC presidential nomination forms for Tambuwal, urging him to go for the highest office in the land, a chieftain of the Sokoto APC confided in LEADERSHIP last night that the stakeholders in the state preferred that the speaker contest the state’s governorship.
The party stalwart, who sought anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the matter, disclosed that necessary plans had been put in place to enable Tambuwal declare for the Sokoto State governorship seat on the platform of the APC.

www.leadership.ng/news/390783/tambuwal-finally-settles-sokoto-governorship
Congratulations to Tambuwal.He must have weighed his chances.Not sure he would want to be exposed like buhari.Atleast,he still needs cover and protection as a neophyte.Children should obey their parents.Tinubu don warn am

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by pendy79: 7:41am On Nov 18, 2014
APContherun:

And your little mind told you PPD was fooled even for once.

And your useless brainless head could not decipher what I wrote.

If something is about occupying media space, how was it just about PDP? Use your brain at times, it wasn't placed there to just occupy space.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 7:44am On Nov 18, 2014
Buchianom:
I wish him well.

One thing is very certain.... He will decamp to PDP after all this macabre dance.
Bros how you know sef.All these politicians are the same.
See what Buhari said in 2011 after he lost

Buhari asked Tinubu “to stop hiding under false excuses after striking deal with President Jonathan. Tinubu should leave me alone. He has made deal with President Jonathan and delivered. He even lost in his ward to PDP” in a contest he said should have given birth to new Nigeria”.

Buhari described the alleged deal between President Jonathan and Tinubu as a typical replica of what Alliance for Democracy (AD) leaders did in 2003 when the South West “was sold to former President Olusegun Obasanjo. The South West leaders are chipping the blame on Late Chief Abraham Adesanya who cannot respond in his grave.

“I can act authoritatively that he sealed the deal with President Jonathan, after which he called a meeting of controlling leaders of the ACN to make them buy into the deal Tinubu struck with President Jonathan,” Buhari said.

However, Buhari commended Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola for rejecting Tinubu’s proposition that the South Western progressives should mobilise for President Jonathan in the presidential election alone.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-how-tinubu-gave-s-west-votes-to-jonathan/89907/

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Articul8(m): 7:51am On Nov 18, 2014
wordcat:
Political Scientists in the house, pls explain this move to us; Is Mr. Speaker moving forward or backward?
sometin is central. And dt is service 2 d ppl. It doesn't mata wt position&@ wt level. He serves his ppl. Basic!!!

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by donphilopus: 7:54am On Nov 18, 2014
Jhydey192:
from ur explanation, even a Senate president is not as big as the governor, right?

Can you compare House of Reps to the Senate?!
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by dridowu: 7:58am On Nov 18, 2014
Good for him. It is very easy 4 him to win governor seat than president. Congrat in advance
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 7:58am On Nov 18, 2014
I laugh about two things whenever i read comments like these.
1.Anti-GEJ propagandists thinks everyone supporting Jonathan is PDP member or TANist
2.Those living in fools' paradise thinking that they could trust TINUBU With Buhari.The only similarities is their religion full stop.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/jonathan-in-talks-with-tinubu-akume-akande-ngige-others/
Na wetin go benefit Tinubu im dey look for

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Biggty(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2014
This is better at least he can win this one unlike the presidential ticket he won't win

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by tuffgongjo(m): 8:09am On Nov 18, 2014
I think he stands a chance of winning this election than the presidential$if he wins it will be a "grooming ground"for his future presidential ambition.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by holatin(m): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2014
gh
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by holatin(m): 8:11am On Nov 18, 2014
thank God
wish I could see the look on taniod. abeg no commit suicide pool but you can kill yourself.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by eazisky(m): 8:12am On Nov 18, 2014
Another rout for him to embezzle, then defect to ABC Party, THIEF!
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by DeanHaas99(m): 8:14am On Nov 18, 2014
please where can I Find The Bettin' Forum Here on Nairaland
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by 9jahubcom(m): 8:14am On Nov 18, 2014
ahaha
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 18, 2014
Good move though he had no chance whatseover in the Presidential race. I so wish him well in his desire to govern Sokoto. Meanwhile, Sai Buhari 2015 is unshakable

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by MacluvPH(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2014
Nope,Tambuwal shld ve settled for presidential position so dat Buhari and Atiku will show him how to concede defeat.anyway made the best decision at the right time though.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by hrykanu231(m): 8:17am On Nov 18, 2014
ok....Happy birthday to me
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Hemanwel(m): 8:18am On Nov 18, 2014
Nigerian politics is all about the Benjamins!
Think fellow Nairalanders!
How much does he have access to embezzling being a Speaker compared to being a state governor - where he has access to a state's account?
Moreover,outside Obasanjo,the last two presidents of Nigeria - since 1999 - have been former governors.Chances of achieving his ambition of becoming the country's President are higher being a governor than being a Speaker.
My opinion though!
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by will1am: 8:18am On Nov 18, 2014
I wish him well.

12 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Christmasdon(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2014
Rojas sud follow suit.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Christmasdon(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2014
Rojas sud follow suite.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by jauntty: 8:20am On Nov 18, 2014
Tambuwal has always had his eye on the Sokoto Governship seat. All those noise about presidency were just political stunts
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by kennydee05(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2014
bestman09:

From being the 4th citizen to a mere governor of a mere sakwoto state.

I laugh in Arabic.

Maybe Atiku should also be persuaded to contest for the governorship of Adamawa state or Fashola should contest for the chairmanship of Ojo local government
being the number 1 citizen of Sokoto state is better than Dimeji Bankole after being the speaker he went into exile......
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by NosaHenry(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2014
I thought he has gone insane before to have upped his ambition to presidential level.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 18, 2014
I don't see APC smelling the presidency
They are very disorganized and immature

5 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 18, 2014
He knows he aint that Pop ,he's only a creation of the media and he has been on the tabloids for a lond time due to his unloyalty moves to his former party .....the sokoto guber is right for him ,that's tambuwals level for now
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Kx: 8:26am On Nov 18, 2014
Buhari Ezekwezili loading.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by salt1: 8:27am On Nov 18, 2014
stillwata:
One step foward ten steps baward.well done tambuwal grin grin

Poor thing! I mean Tambuwal not you
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Nov2(m): 8:28am On Nov 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Will the 29 million naira that was paid for the presidential nomination form be refunded?
This is a question for d gods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

#ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates / Omojuwa: The Difference Between Lagos And Ekiti In Terms Of Governance / James Ibori Holds Thanksgiving Service Over Freedom From London Prison (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.