Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,468 members, 7,781,361 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:08 PM

Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. (1632 Views)

Kenyan Man Cuts Off Penis, Says Its Useless To Him / Kenyan Girl Has This To Say About Nigerian Guys / Wow! See A Proof That Kenyan Ladies Are Seriously ENDOWED! [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by robosky02(m): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2014
Women take part in a protest along a main street in the Kenyan capital of Nairobi, Nov. 17, 2014. The demonstrators were demanding justice for a woman who was attacked and stripped recently in Nairobi by men who claimed that she was dressed indecently. Reuters
Protesters, including women dressed in miniskirts, demonstrated in the streets of Nairobi on Monday to show support for a Kenyan woman who was assaulted and stripped by a mob of men who claimed she was dressed indecently. The incident also sparked the #MyDressMyChoice hashtag on Twitter.

The assault of the woman at a Nairobi bus stop drew attention in Kenya last week after a witness posted video of the incident online. The video of the incident has since been taken down from YouTube, but you can see stills of the footage here. Local authorities said they were looking into the case, according to the Star, a Nairobi-based daily newspaper. The men called the victim a “Jezebel” and claimed she was “tempting” them by the way she was dressed before ripping her clothes off and kicking her body, the Star reported.

"When it comes to violence against women, there are no grounds for tolerance and no tolerable excuses. I hope that investigations will be carried out and the culprits charged for assault," Rachel Shebesh, a Kenyan politician and women’s representative for Nairobi County, said. "I strongly condemn violence against women in all its forms, whether it is domestic violence, rape, sexual harassment, torture and abuse of women. We must take tangible action to eliminate violence against women.”
Protesters descended on Uhuru Park in Nairobi and displayed banners including “My Dress, My Choice,” according to Al Jazeera. Some women also wore miniskirts in solidarity with the assaulted woman.

The incident also led to the #MyDressMyChoice campaign on Twitter, where users showed their support for the victim by tweeting out the hashtag:

http://www.ibtimes.com/kenya-miniskirt-protest-my-dress-my-choice-supporters-show-support-woman-beaten-men-1724692
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by robosky02(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
hello house would you support the ladies cry to wear Minisket knowing its not an african tradition to dress anyhow as claimed by the men

or

would you support the ladies

#mydress.mychoice

that thier dressing is thier chioce and so no man should molest them for what thy wear..
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by robosky02(m): 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2014
it is a bit of concern now cos the other day in a crowded market area a young lady was striped of her skirt in ACcra Ghana, it was a shame to womanwood the way the lady was treated.

so do we aggrey to woman freedom to wear as they wish or.....
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by robosky02(m): 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
or whats your view in terms of womens dressing................
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by drnoel: 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
robosky02:

hello house would you support the ladies cry to wear Minisket knowing its not an african tradition to dress anyhow as claimed by the men

or

would you support the ladies

#mydress.mychoice

that thier dressing is thier chioce and so no man should molest them for what thy wear..

Really? Go and look at pix taken in 50s and see how shot the skirts of our ground mothers where. This has nothing to do with being African or not but the satisfaction of justice. No one would wish that what happened to that lady should happen to someone they knew. U need to have seen the video. It was nasty. Kenya men are goats, randy he goats.
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by robosky02(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
drnoel:

Really? Go and look at pix taken in 50s and see how shot the skirts of our ground mothers where. This has nothing to do with being African or not but the satisfaction of justice. No one would wish that what happened to that lady should happen to someone they knew. U need to have seen the video. It was nasty. Kenya men are goats, randy he goats.

wow they are goats?.......................

you said hmmmmmm
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
Wearing Miniskirts Is A CLEAR signal to the opposite sex that you don't mind being hit on. it's like pouring cheese on your head and the complaining about flies. besides, your dress is NOT your choice. there are certain rules that must be followed when choosing an attire. miniskirts are from a more barbaric era when women were intimacy gadgets. dressing like a slut awakens those ancient instincts. i think i will start a thread to further explain this.
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by robosky02(m): 8:54am On Nov 19, 2014
Teempakguy:
Wearing Miniskirts Is A CLEAR signal to the opposite sex that you don't mind being hit on. it's like pouring cheese on your head and the complaining about flies. besides, your dress is NOT your choice. there are certain rules that must be followed when choosing an attire. miniskirts are from a more barbaric era when women were intimacy gadgets. dressing like a slut awakens those ancient instincts. i think i will start a thread to further explain this.

so does that qualify the men to molest women the way they did

are there no other ways to correct them
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by Ngutor(m): 11:24am On Nov 19, 2014
Teempakguy:
This one of the most unfortunate things I have ever read on Nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by robosky02(m): 12:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
Ngutor:

This one of the most unfortunate things I have ever read on Nairaland

indeed
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
Teempakguy:
if u walk around with your wallet showing shebi it means you are willing to be chopped left, right and centre abi? undecided
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by robosky02(m): 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
Mondisweets:
if u walk around with your wallet showing shebi it means you are willing to be chopped left, right and centre abi? undecided

not really but be a bit deacent too
Re: Kenyan Ladies Protesting To Wear Miniskirt. #my Dress,My Choice. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 22, 2014
stop comparing. sex is a unique subject. and besides, it's a proven fact that if you flaunt what someone else wants, they will get it. no matter who gets hurt in the process, be it money, Instruments, or even food. what i previously posted is true and you know it. it is unfortunate. but true.

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between The Person You Love And The Person You Like. / Her Father Called And Warned Me!!! What Do I Do / Is It A Taboo For Catholic Guy To Marry An Assemblies Of God Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.