Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice (2909 Views)

Pimping My 2007 Camry SE! / I'm Planning To Buy Toyota Camry Se 2007 Please Advice / 2009 Honda Accord EX VS 2009 Toyota Camry SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 10:58am On Nov 18, 2014
Guys I just got my girlfriend a camry SE 2007, it arrived two days ago.

I checked the engine oil Sunday evening and I discovered the oil is new and its not up to gauge. which means she has to change the oil or top it. I am thinking of just toping it but cannot seems to decide on the right local engine oil to add.

However my mechanic said it will be wrong to mix oils except they are of the same make.

Mechanic opinion- change the oil, drain it and change it to mobil1

PLEASE guys what other options are available.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by blemon44(m): 11:00am On Nov 18, 2014
i go with the mechanic opinion
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by AutosBay(m): 11:02am On Nov 18, 2014
@ Op Please follow your mechanic advice similar topic has been treated before.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 11:06am On Nov 18, 2014
Thanks guys,

I need a clerifiction though,

can we conclude that mobil1 works well with all Japanese cars because I heard there is a cheaper option in Total oil at about 5500.

Please can someone elaborate on the fuel constituent need to a Toyota engine.

Thanks.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 18, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

I checked the engine oil Sunday evening and I discovered the oil is new and its not up to gauge. which means she has to change the oil or top it. I am thinking of just toping it but cannot seems to decide on the right local engine oil to add.

However my mechanic said it will be wrong to mix oils except they are of the same make.

congrats, but which car do you drive yourself?

1 Like

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 11:14am On Nov 18, 2014
Bossforeva:
congrats, but which car do you drive yourself?

Se ole ni e ni... o fe wa rob mi abi.. olorun ko ni gba fun e
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

whatever you speaking in yoruba about me wan rob you, na you know.
just that i sensed you part of those that will go extra mile to impress girls at your own detriment.

2 Likes

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by abatically(m): 11:33am On Nov 18, 2014
Bossforeva:
whatever you speaking in yoruba about me wan rob you, na you know.
just that i sensed you part of those that will go extra mile to impress girls at your own detriment.

Guy which one be ur own na? Na crime to buy car for ur gf again?

1 Like

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 18, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Dude! must you be this harsh, crude and ill tempered with little patience and perseverance?
So because he asked you the kind of car you use, makes you feel he's gonna rob you of your car?
Do you even know him or what he drives or his account number that's making you tag him in such detrimental name?
Keep acting as if you're the 1st and only one who's got a car when your mates have moved on to buying yatches, and gulfstreams

Yeye de smell!

2 Likes

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by constance500: 11:42am On Nov 18, 2014
abatically:

Guy which one be ur own na? Na crime to buy car for ur gf again?

you bought her a camry, das good, but dont come and tell us she dump you later o
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by abatically(m): 11:43am On Nov 18, 2014
@lomomike, I think u failed to see the humor in his comment.

@op, the best oil for ur car is 5w20. The Mobil 1 sold in nigeria is mostly 0w40. So the best thing is for u to get a 5w20 oil, doesn't matter if it is Mobil or oando or total or milemaster, so far the rating is 5w20.

2 Likes

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by constance500: 11:43am On Nov 18, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

you bought her a camry, das good, but dont come and tell us she dump you later o
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2014
Like WtF! Abaticallly, constance has turned the table against you!
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2014
Easy guys!!! my reply to the my friend up there is not that harsh naaa.

This what I said in Yoruba- are you a thief, you want to come rob me , God will not let you. In all honesty I meant that as a joke grin grin grin grin

I am sorry if it look bad because I am not speaking it directly but it is written.

By the way I drive Accord 2012.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by abatically(m): 11:45am On Nov 18, 2014
constance500:

See me see wahala, do I look like the op? And moreover what kind of mentality do nigerians have? Since when has it become a crime to buy a car for someone's gf? U lots don't know the kind of relationship they have, or the status of op's acct. Why the hate? This forum is meant to be for matured minds.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2014
abatically:

@op, the best oil for ur car is 5w20. The Mobil 1 sold in nigeria is mostly 0w40. So the best thing is for u to get a 5w20 oil, doesn't matter if it is Mobil or oando or total or milemaster, so far the rating is 5w20.

God bless you for this answer, I just did a little research online and I found camry oil grade is 0w-20 or 5w-20. Thanks G
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2014
abatically:

The last time I checked, I am yoruba, and I understood a bit of the language. Which I'll translate "are you're a thief, you wanna rub me God won't allow that". Not many would take it light na.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by constance500: 11:47am On Nov 18, 2014
abatically:

See me see wahala, do I look like the op? And moreover what kind of mentality do nigerians have? Since whe has it become a crime to buy a car for someone's gf? U lots don't know the kind of relationship they have, or the status of op's acct. Why the hate?

i don quote the right person na, which one b your own sef

buy a car for your gf when you are still running after molue, seriously, witches in your village don use your balls do barbecue

1 Like

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by abatically(m): 11:51am On Nov 18, 2014
constance500:

buy a car for your gf when you are still running after molue, seriously, witches in your village don use your balls do barbecue

Ur comment sums up ur level of IQ. No need arguing with u.

1 Like

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2014
constance500:

Bros and you get sister so o!!! if her bobo buy her a car while he is jumping molue wouldn't you call it love.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2014
abatically:

See me see wahala, do I look like the op? And moreover what kind of mentality do nigerians have? Since whe has it become a crime to buy a car for someone's gf? U lots don't know the kind of relationship they have, or the status of op's acct. Why the hate? This forum is meant to be for matured minds.

constance500:

Chai! Na wa o! grin Bossforeva and NewNigeriaMind una see wetin una don cause grin
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 18, 2014
I don laugh tire forget about my worries.
grin

Seriously, constance500 you need to apologise, bossforever and newNigeriamind, you guys should put the comment behind you. OP, forgive my rush, I saw the comment in a different light because typed words don't have emotions to convey their intent most times.

Abatically, I think toyota specified 5W30 for 2.4L L4 and 3.5L V6 engines of that model year camry.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by NewNigeriaMind: 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
Thanks guys I really appreciate it all.

FYI if she bleeps up I will take my car back. The car is not in her name. I am not a dumbo guys.

1 Like

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:
Thanks guys I really appreciate it all.

FYI if she bleeps up I will take my car back. The car is not in her name. I am not a dumbo guys.

Yyyeaaahhh now that's my naija guy! That's what we talking bout. Not like some douchebags who'll put the car in them babes name all for some damn relationship/love! cool
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by constance500: 12:10pm On Nov 18, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:

Bros and you get sister so o!!! if her bobo buy her a car while he is jumping molue wouldn't you call it love.

Neva, I'll tell her to return it with immediate alacrity, which kind stupid love in this 21st century, unless if he already has a porche carerra GTO and a Mercedes McClaren grin

1 Like

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by constance500: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
abatically:

Ur comment sums up ur level of IQ. No need arguing with u.

U don vex grin

1 Like

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
NewNigeriaMind:
Easy guys!!! my reply to the my friend up there is not that harsh naaa.

This what I said in Yoruba- are you a thief, you want to come rob me , God will not let you. In all honesty I meant that as a joke grin grin grin grin

I am sorry if it look bad because I am not speaking it directly but it is written.

By the way I drive Accord 2012.

Thanks
well i didn't take it as an insult tho i dn't understand yoruba that much. nice car you got tho. pls buy another camry for me ur boyfriend...lol
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by abatically(m): 12:59pm On Nov 18, 2014
constance500:

U don vex grin

Vex for Wetin? But u sef quick to conclude that someone is jumping molue just because he bought a Camry for his gf. A car that is not even up to N3 million.
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by constance500: 1:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
abatically:

Vex for Wetin? But u sef quick to conclude that someone is jumping molue just because he bought a Camry for his gf. A car that is not even up to N3 million.

See as you call 3m like say na beans, how much u get for your account
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by Readonee35L(m): 1:15pm On Nov 18, 2014
Lols
Guys calm down
@op I I fink you should get 5w-20

And constance500 wats ur P with dt... if u dnt av someone to buy for u doesnt mean they wont buy for someone alse
Nice ride tho the accord 2012 is cool
Upgrading next yr
From a 2010 dodge charger to a 2012srt8

smiley
Have a nice day
Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by constance500: 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
Readonee35L:
Lols
Guys calm down
@op I I fink you should get 5w-20

And constance500 wats ur P with dt... if u dnt av someone to buy for u doesnt mean they wont buy for someone alse
Nice ride tho the accord 2012 is cool
Upgrading next yr
From a 2010 dodge charger to a 2012srt8

smiley
Have a nice day

what is this one saying again

3 Likes

Re: Camry SE For My Gf Need Advice by abatically(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
constance500:

See as you call 3m like say na beans, how much u get for your account

Ask google.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Cars Are Not Parked At Owners' Risk / Electric Shock From Car Door. Have You Experienced It? / What Is Wrong With Mazda Mpv?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.