Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse (770 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Is A Gay Cultist - Kemi Olunloyo (The Former Governor's Daughter) / Many Nigerian Pastors Are Gay--bishop Ighele / Is Satan Really As Bad As Christians Make Him Out To Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse by nedu2000(m): 11:30am On Nov 18, 2014
The confusion started in 2002 with Gene Robinson an openly gay guy who was made bishop in the US,after a series of events the anglican communion in Africa severed ties with the church of canterbury as a direct result.
This week it was voted in the church of canterbury in favor of the appointments of female bishops

mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/world/europe/church-of-england-approves-plan-allowing-female-bishops.html?_r=0&referrer=

In my opinion is see them both as purely unbiblical and what the church is using as its consitution,other than the bible because:
mal 3:6 "for I am the Lord I change not".
1 cort 14:34-35 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for
it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they
are commanded to be under obedience, as also
saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let
them ask their husbands at home: for it is a
shame for women to speak in the church".
Pro & anti-christian feminists what's your opinion smiley
Re: Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse by urheme: 11:45am On Nov 18, 2014
nedu2000:
The confusion started in 2002 with Gene Robinson an openly gay guy who was made bishop in the US,after a series of events the anglican communion in Africa severed ties with the church of canterbury as a direct result.
This week it was voted in the church of canterbury in favor of the appointments of female bishops

mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/world/europe/church-of-england-approves-plan-allowing-female-bishops.html?_r=0&referrer=

In my opinion is see them both as purely unbiblical and what the church is using as its consitution,other than the bible because:
mal 3:6 "for I am the Lord I change not".
1 cort 14:34-35 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for
it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they
are commanded to be under obedience, as also
saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let
them ask their husbands at home: for it is a
shame for women to speak in the church".
Pro & anti-christian feminists what's your opinion smiley

the laws of our land prohibit all form of discrimination against women , whether on the ground of sex, religion or otherwise. I guess when your bible is in conflict with the laws of the land, the law prevails.
Re: Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse by obua: 12:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
That's not true. Churches were meeting in houses of women in the new testament. Homesexualism is just not against your body but against God and nature.
Some women are already running churches well.
Re: Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse by nedu2000(m): 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
urheme:

the laws of our land prohibit all form of discrimination against women , whether on the ground of sex, religion or otherwise. I guess when your bible is in conflict with the laws of the land, the law prevails.
but we talking about a church's and not a country's constitution ain't they two different things?
Re: Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse by nedu2000(m): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
obua:
That's not true. Churches were meeting in houses of women in the new testament. Homesexualism is just not against your body but against God and nature.
Some women are already running churches well.
women running churches is wrong according to the Bible and not what we humans see as being right,the bible is our guide
"There is a way that appears right to men,in the end leads to destruction" proverbs 14:12
Re: Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse by urheme: 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
nedu2000:
but we talking about a church's and not a country's constitution ain't they two different things?

even the church is subject to the laws of the land, we are talking about the discrimination against women from holding a particular post within a church establishment , any attempt in an organization to exclusively reserve some special post to men only is discrimination.
Re: Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse by nedu2000(m): 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
urheme:

even the church is subject to the laws of the land, we are talking about the discrimination against women from holding a particular post within a church establishment , any attempt in an organization to exclusively reserve some special post to men only is discrimination.
so the church of old is discriminatory,saint Paul was discriminating?
Why are you conveniently pushing aside the discrimination against homosexuals and focusing on that of women,I've given you direct bible passages and as you know,what the bible says actual supercedes any human constitution,or shouldn't it?
Re: Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse by sarahade(f): 4:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
My people perish becos of lack of understanding. Paul made d statement to the corinthianss wen he was in prison n he heard dat women were being disrespectful to their husbands becos they held posts in church he said it to cub them n ask dem nt to prophesy too. D same bible said he has given some d gift of prophesy some teaching etc. I kw some low esteem men will b lookin for a way to argue, but d truth is the gift of God is free for all
Re: Appointing A Female Bishop As Bad As Appointing A Gay Bishop?! if not worse by nedu2000(m): 4:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
sarahade:
My people perish becos of lack of understanding. Paul made d statement to the corinthianss wen he was in prison n he heard dat women were being disrespectful to their husbands becos they held posts in church he said it to cub them n ask dem nt to prophesy too. D same bible said he has given some d gift of prophesy some teaching etc. I kw some low esteem men will b lookin for a way to argue, but d truth is the gift of God is free for all
pls don't get me wrong,women deserve respect anywhere & everywhere,I'm being open-minded & following the scriptures to the latter

(1) (Reply)

Thanksgiving Thread For 2014. / “these Top Nigerian Pastors Are Candidates Of Hell Fire” – 7rys Old Gir / Galaxyroyp Response To Emperor4god

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.