Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:31 PM

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash (27414 Views)

Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by confun: 1:44pm On Nov 18, 2014
tbaba1234:
Egwuekwe was one of the best players in the last game and since Oboabana is out, we do not have a choice.

Ambrose is the one, i'd axe... Can we get a right back please?

walahi, dt ambrose......e get as e be sha...
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by jordanice007: 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
MadCow1:
MIKEL SLOWBI...

We all know that the Through pass Mikel played towards Emenike that led to the Penalty can be liken to an Eclipse.. The last time Mikel played a forward through pass, Lionel Messi had no World player trophy..

Drop Mikel.. angry

hmm
Mikel Mikel Mikel!!!! everywhere

he made an assist against Sudan, made an incisive through ball to emenike . In the last two games Nigeria played Mikel has been effective . I think with the introduction of hope akpan, Mikel hatred in the heart of Nigerians will be reduced.

6 Likes

Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by alphaconde(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
A repacement is required for emenike
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by jordanice007: 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
alphaconde:
A repacement is required for emenike

nice talk bro
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by Mekyno(m): 1:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
tbaba1234:
Egwuekwe was one of the best players in the last game and since Oboabana is out, we do not have a choice.

God bless u. Smtyms i wonder wat keshi is doing......we hv solomon kwambe, who is in form, n leon balogun & many oda right backs in d local league dat can challenge 4 dat position.
Musa need to com frm d bench smtym. To me, he fumbled badly in d last match. Where waz emem eduoke? Golahan salami.....hmmm
Jst lyk in d left back, d best dear is ugwu uwadiegwu of enyimba, go watch d guy or ask abt him, to confirm.
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by blackfase(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
While I wont condone clumsy tackling & im not sticking out for Onazi in particular, the holding midfield role is a particularly tasking role to play from. You can never overlook the possibility of a CDM scrapping the opponent now & then. He's the first line of protection from the opponents gainin access to your death zone (box area) so he gats to do whatever necessary to halt any incursion. All in all, a needless freekick in front of the vital area is as unwelcome as a penalty kick.

Anyi3:
Emenike doesn't score but he helps our attack, disturbs defenders and creates space for other attackers.

Your assessment of Onazi though is spot on, that guy is a walking red card. He makes so many untimely tackles. I've noticed that since world cup, when his leg was broken against France I was silently happy knowing at least we won't get a red card. That dude needs to improve his tackling.
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by daveP(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
The 1st two yes.. Emenike-No. I prefer a goaless striker that disturbs defences than one that score goals that dont make a stadium camera shake in jubilation and yet isnt even deadly.

The above preference inasmuch as the team still wins a match

eg when torres was in chelsea!
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2014
jordanice007:
#noted

But is it not glaring that Emenike is unruly??

For a striker to celebrate a year without scoring ( for both club and country ) pls why is he still playing.
Did he really celebrate his goal barrenness?

Last Bullet
Keshi should tell Mikel to play like a servant and not a master...
I saw him yell at a player during the world cup, thought it was an adrenalin rush....
He did the same thing against Congo....to Onazi... He even told the guy to f uck off!
Is he mad?
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by Komedy(m): 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
MadCow1:
MIKEL SLOWBI...

We all know that the Through pass Mikel played towards Emenike that led to the Penalty can be liken to an Eclipse.. The last time Mikel played a forward through pass, Lionel Messi had no World player trophy..

Drop Mikel.. angry
almost funny, but not quite
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by Komedy(m): 2:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
Anyi3:
Emenike doesn't score but he helps our attack, disturbs defenders and creates space for other attackers.

Your assessment of Onazi though is spot on, that guy is a walking red card. He makes so many untimely tackles. I've noticed that since world cup, when his leg was broken against France I was silently happy knowing at least we won't get a red card. That dude needs to improve his tackling.
you were silently hapi Onazi's leg was broken bkos yu felt he was gonna get a red,quite pathetic,we were bossing d midfield b4 onazi got injured,his injury changed d game totally,a player dat played every minute of our wc cup matches without a red,btw has onazi even been red carded since he debuted? No doubt he is a bit lousy with tackles but it koms with d role he plays and for now,he's d best there's in that role for us,or do yu hav a better candidate? If yu play football,yu wud neva be happy wen aa player gets injured
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by Reference(m): 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
jordanice007:

Agreed Ambrose is an issue.

I think Egwekwe's major problem is his inability to think fast and make quick decisions

Ouch!! Then get Intel involved. Upgrade his chips. Pentium III just does not cut it anymore in modern footy.
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by tbaba1234: 2:15pm On Nov 18, 2014
MadCow1:
MIKEL SLOWBI...

Drop Mikel.. angry

Mikel was easily the best outfield player in the last game and he had other good through passes, i remember another pass, missed by Musa.

In the Sudan game, he also played a role in the first goal.

2 Likes

Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by namdo(m): 2:16pm On Nov 18, 2014
Italia tackling blood don enta Onazi. I think the coach needs to talk to him about his tackles and where they could be done. Onazi is still very relevant in my opinion.

Efe Ambrose takes opponents fore granted at times but do we have a better right back anywhere at the moment?

Emenike is overdoing his confidence stunts to the detriment of the team. this could be seen when Keshi rightly replaced him with Aaron Samuel during the Congo match.

Mikel is still very relevant in the midfield especially now that Keshi has found a way to give him space to move forward to lay killer pass to point attackers like Uche or Aaron.

My opinion therefore is that Emenike should be dropped for Aaron while Onazi and Ambrose need a peptalk. I wish Keshi and SE goodluck tomorrow.
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
I believe if yakubu aiyegbeni and Garba lawal are called back to the team, there will be much needed bite in the mid field and attack. They should even throw in. Victor Agali so the team will be complete. grin. Dont blame me pls, I just Returned from Cambodia memorial university, ouagadougou, where I schooled

4 Likes

Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by mahteens: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
HrtBrkSteve:
U play paSs them?
Just let these guys exhibits what they got, and stop crucifying them, Chai! Nigerians, no one is perfect in his/her fields.
dats not it...if today am a shoe maker or a tailor,nd I do my JOB badly den criticize me!!! Same goes 4 a PROFESSIONAL footballer or sportsman. You're paid to do ur work well. Dat aside we are in a country of Free Speech.

1 Like

Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by MadCow1: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
Komedy:
almost funny, but not quite

And you are?
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by zoboizee: 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
Our weak link is Efe Ambrose. Egwueke , Emenike and Onazi are trying. Ambrose is just too poor. Every team we played vacation on our ryt back. Against Congo, he was just sight-seeing while our opponent was using him for training practice.
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by Komedy(m): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
MadCow1:

And you are?
mtcheww
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by MadCow1: 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
Komedy:
mtcheww

I thought as much..

#iGnOrEd..
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by pius4luv(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2014
ibiso1986:
Emenike should be dropped because of this attitude

I dislike the way emenike greeted the man what a shame to his humanity.I like him but he has misbehave
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by rashygenius: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
Anyi3:

but do u knw dt it was his absent after he broke his leg dt made up to lose d match against france.after he was stretched out,d midfield became flat and very porous
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by Hanibal(m): 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

Ambrose isnt a natural right back... i dont know why national team coaches insist on playing him in that position.. he plays center back at celtic every week... even in the 2008 olympic team he played center back... I guess now that omeruo is injured and Oboabona is suspended.. we will see the real ambrose in his natural position
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by tbaba1234: 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hanibal:
Ambrose isnt a natural right back... i dont know why national team coaches insist on playing him in that position.. he plays center back at celtic every week... even in the 2008 olympic team he played center back... I guess now that omeruo is injured and Oboabona is suspended.. we will see the real ambrose in his natural position

Omeruo is fit now
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by melotreaah(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
WHO POSTED THIS SHIT?? NA U GO PLAY ABI..............................
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by mrvictor: 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
The problem is Keshi and Mikel, that's all!
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by melotreaah(m): 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2014
tbaba1234:

Omeruo is fit now
God bless you for that............. i don't know how this coaches do reason, that ambrose guy doesn't fit that right back...i mean he's old jorrrr.
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by myhero4eva: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2014
Well Op u r on point... Its a good observation u made cos i wuld v substituted these 3 players if i had my way against Congo especialy emenike. His slacky, unnecessary and innefficient dribbles were annoying. He was smwhat selfish too, so he ned to rest on d bench against d South Afri
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by lozanni(m): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
Reference:

Ouch!! Then get Intel involved. Upgrade his chips. Pentium III just does not cut it anymore in modern footy.

Yea, we live in the information age and our brain must be updated to the times we live in. Lol.
Re: Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
jordanice007:
Nigeria secured the desired result against the Republic of Congo in Pointe-Noire thanks to goals from Ikechukwu Uche and Aaron Samuel. However, it could have all been a different story had the likes of Fode Dore and Thievy Bifouma, who repeatedly split the Super Eagles' defence open, had a bit of luck and composure in front of goal.

At the end of the day, the result is by far the most important announcement of a football match, but it would be unwise for Stephen Keshi to again rely on luck to see off South Africa, who, despite having secured qualification, have a score to settle with Nigeria.

In this feature we look at three players who should be replaced from the XI that started against the Republic of Congo due to their unconvincing performance in the game.

Azubuike Egwuekwe

Keshi was lucky to have got away with his centre-back pairing of Azubuike Egwuekwe and Godfrey Oboabona.

The Warri Wolves captain possesses good height, which helps the team snuff out aerial threats from corner kicks and crosses into the box. However, his lack of pace was unbearable to watch at times and it almost cost the team against the Red Devils’ pacy forwards.

Such luxury might be too expensive against a more composed Bafana Bafana attack.

The 25-year-old is susceptible to been drawn out of position amateurishly, exposing Vincent Enyeama terribly.

Egwuekwe | Infamous struggles with pace

“The chance Dore fired wide,” Goal’s Solace Chukwu noted, “was a simple 1-2.

“Egwuekwe, instead of going with his man, follows the first pass and lets Dore run free,” he added.

A little accuracy from the Congolese striker’s shot when put through on goal or a slight deflection from another player could have seen the ball roll into the net.

Claude Le Roy must have identified the 6ft5 defender as the weak link in the Eagles’ defence and instructed his forwards to attack his channel consistently, and they almost reaped from the sustained pressure.

In the first half, the home side had a shout for penalty wrongly turned down by the referee, and, again, it was Egwuekwe with a terrible, penalty-conceding tackle in the 18-yard box of all places.

Ogenyi Onazi

I have noted in one of my previous articles that the Lazio man is gradually turning into a rugby player and this is could put the team in trouble.

His combination with John Obi Mikel, as a double-pivot, looks glorious at times, hence the praise they both receive. However, Onazi’s influence in midfield has gradually waned over the last couple of games, and the decline could cost the team if not addressed promptly.

The tactical switch by Keshi to move Mikel up the pitch saw himself and Hope Akpan saddled with the task of shielding the back-four but the 23-year-old committed so many unnecessary fouls in dangerous areas, which could have led to a goal.

Onazi | Can he be trusted?

On one occasion, after a short altercation between himself and Emmanuel Emenike, he and Mikel looked set to engage in a boxing match on the pitch after some heated argument. The confrontation was intense, needing the intervention of others to restore peace.

Keshi can no longer turn a blind eye to Onazi’s knack for making wayward tackles, which puts the team under undue pressure. Smart players (and teams) would target this volatile behaviour and play to get him booked, and possibly sent off. Mikel’s early days at Chelsea should be a good handbook.

Emmanuel Emenike

This last choice is a difficult but necessary one.

The Fenerbahce forward was involved directly in the penalty that led to Nigeria’s first goal but his overall performance was nothing to write home about. He is a big lad and obviously likes to muscle his way through defences but it has so far not helped his cause.

The coaching crew reacted positively to his goal drought by inviting Villarreal striker Ike Uche back into the team for the crucial tie, and he marked his return with a goal.

His goal drought aside (though that in itself is a good reason for him to be dropped), his attitude on the pitch against Congo left a lot to be desired.

Emenike | Drifting to the peripheries

For a player who has been giving a long rope to rediscover his form to make foul comments towards the bench was utterly disrespectful and he ought to be punished for that.

Besides, with Uche leading the line, Emenike’s reassignment to the wings doesn’t suit his style of play. He is not a winger. And he looks uncomfortable and inefficient on the flanks.

The Super Eagles have done the hardest job: securing a precious win away to Congo.

At home against South Africa, knowing the visitors have little or nothing to play for and might want to act as spoilers, silly errors, which would jeopardize the team’s effort so far, must be curbed in order to gain the result that would aid progress to finals in Equatorial Guinea: three points.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4055/main/2014/11/18/6254551/three-players-keshi-should-drop-for-south-africa-clash?ICID=HP_BN_5

Remedy to Emenikes's drought : Bring back Brown Ideye

I swear Emenike go score.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Referee Beaten Mercilessly By Supporters After NPFL Match. Photos / Onazi Ogenyi Set For His Traditional Marriage / Maradona: "Teams No Longer Fear Argentina.. Nigeria Disgraced Us"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.