Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? (57983 Views)

I'm Hitting On A 42-year Old Woman And She's Down. / ~ Guys: Reasons Why Ladies Dump You For Other Guys ~ / ONE Trick You Can Use To Get A Girl To Take You More Seriously Than Other Guys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Rival(m): 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2014
Every relationship that has the prospect of blossoming into something tangible strives to have its foundation built on trust, love and understanding!

In this regard, would you, as a guy, want your lady to tell you about the guys hitting on her on daily bases so as to gain your trust?
Would you trust her more if she does this?

As a girl/lady do you tell your boyfriend about the guys that hit on you?
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by echobee(f): 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2014
Coming back to reply. Make i s h i t first sad

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 18, 2014
Am i suppose to laugh?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 18, 2014
Any girl madly in love does that without being asked.

It is necessary..

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by ERCROSS(m): 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
echobee:
Coming back to reply. Make i s h i t first sad

Bae... undecided
Ur shiit dey smell ooo... angry

U chop egg and beans..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by ERCROSS(m): 12:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
@ Ashlamzee..

Dat pawpaw wey u carry big ooo..

grin
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by naijaboiy: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2014
I think it's important a lady let's her guy know about other guys hitting on her.

Although it may spring up a little jealousy,,but it's important.

It's important to be free with each other in a relationship.

15 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Lordabas: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2014

What for? If the girl is pretty I'm sure he already knows that

19 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Medunah: 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
NO!!!! Are guys even worth it??
ok ok i get it, all guys are not the same, stop quoting me already!! thanks!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Stephxoblessed(f): 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
Why not? thats y its called Relationship.you share everything........no secrets.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by DaGC(m): 12:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
I personally have no problem with knowing/not knowing that. If she says it, fine. If she don't, still fine.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Evina(f): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
To what end? What is the essence of telling?

Truth be told, it is immature and girls who do, do it to test how jealous their partner is over them. They feel that the depth of jealousy exhibited by their boyfriend is a determinant factor of how much love he has. Lol...wash.

When maturity and experience sets in, you will realise that there is no need sharing such irrelevant information because it can begin to sow the wrong seeds.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Mprex(f): 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
I will certainly tell him about other guys that are hitting on me

only if...

He tells me about other girls he is hitting on too

angry

37 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Rival(m): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2014
Evina:

Truth be told, it is immature and girls who do, do it to test how jealous their partner is over them. They feel that the depth of jealousy exhibited by their boyfriend is a determinant factor of how much love he has. Lol...wash.

When maturity and experience sets in, you will realise that there is no need sharing such irrelevant information because it can begin to sow the wrong seeds.

Interesting, but don't you think that by telling him you could strengthen his feelings of love for you and make him believe that you love him and chose him above everyone else, especially if you show that in actions also? Don't you think it would strengthen the bond of trust! Or perhaps telling him has nothing to add to building trust?

26 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Evina(f): 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
Rival:

Interesting, but don't you think that by telling him you could strengthen his feelings of love for you and make him believe that you love him and chose him above everyone else, especially if you show that in actions also? Don't you think it would strengthen the bond of trust! Or perhaps telling him has nothing to add to building trust?

Telling doesn't build trust. It mostly destroys it. What is the point in rubbing it in your man's face that he's got competition? Men have big egos, they want to be known as sole proprietors. Why deflate the ego?

Not wise, if you ask me.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Missmossy(f): 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
It's good and sometimes not nice.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by KMTee(f): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
there is no point in telling ur bf abt guys hitting on you every now and then.
it's so immature and with time, it becomes boring listening to such tales.

some guys might even see you as bragging about yourself.

16 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by BluePearls(m): 3:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
My girl tells me sometimes when we gossip about our days.
Its a good thing...i feel it goes a long way in building trust between both of you.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Rival(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
Evina:

Telling doesn't build trust. It mostly destroys it. What is the point in rubbing it in your man's face that he's got competition? Men have big egos, they want to be known as sole proprietors. Why deflate the ego?

Not wise, if you ask me.

Sorry if I have to disagree with you, but the difference is where and how you choose to tell him!

In my opinion telling your man does not deflate his ego, rather it inflates it because he would think that he has in his possession what others want but can't get!

It makes him feel that you want him to be with you because he has some qualities you saw that the others do not have.

He'd feel that you're indirectly telling him that he's important to you and you want him to have complete trust in you; he'd feel that you're indirectly telling him that you'd not cheat on him and that he's everything you desire in a man.

Anyway, it's your opinion and I respect it!

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Evina:

Exactly.....sum guys wl even think you are lying or u want dem to be jealous.

How come we have so much in common?

7 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2014
DaGC:
I personally have no problem with knowing/not knowing that. If she says it, fine. If she don't, still fine.
chop knuckle. Only immatured fellows bother about that.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2014
Evina:

well said
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Evina(f): 5:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
mizzkeji44:

Exactly.....sum guys wl even think you are lying or u want dem to be jealous.

How come we have so much in common?

Ohh sweetim, I couldn't respond to this post sooner cos I was banned from posting on the romance section shocked

Unbelievable cheesy I am not even sure what rules I flunked

I think it is cause I type in French sometimes

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Evina(f): 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2014
Rival:

Sorry if I have to disagree with you, but the difference is where and how you choose to tell him!

In my opinion telling your man does not deflate his ego, rather it inflates it because he would think that he has in his possession what others want but can't get!

It makes him feel that you want him to be with you because he has some qualities you saw that the others do not have.

He'd feel that you're indirectly telling him that he's important to you and you want him to have complete trust in you; he'd feel that you're indirectly telling him that you'd not cheat on him and that he's everything you desire in a man.

Anyway, it's your opinion and I respect it!

smiley smiley smiley cool
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2014
You mean you guys actually want your gf to tell you about every guy that hits on her, flirts with her, and etc.

That is just super weird.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by ArtanK(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
You mean you guys actually want your gf to tell you about every guy that hits on her, flirts with her, and etc.

That is just super weird.

If my girlfriend did that, I'd get the idea that she wants to get a reaction out of me or perhaps make me feel a little jealous.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2014
ArtanK:

If my girlfriend did that, I'd get the idea that she wants to get a reaction out of me or perhaps make me feel a little jealous.

I've told mine about one or two in the past, but they were either really notable, or he was in the vicinity and/or asked. He's told me too, and I even watched him get cornered once lol (waitress at brunch)...but then again we do talk a lot, and tell each other almost everything. I don't think it's a good habit to form tho. It's not positive, and it seems tedious and counterproductive.

If ever she does, don't get all jealous tongue

2 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Wetin concern agbero with overload.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 19, 2014
Evina:

Ohh sweetim, I couldn't respond to this post sooner cos I was banned from posting on the romance section shocked

Unbelievable cheesy I am not even sure what rules I flunked

I think it is cause I type in French sometimes

Sorry dear....glad to have you back,i miss ur views&ideas abt romance.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Evina(f): 6:25pm On Nov 19, 2014
mizzkeji44:

Sorry dear....glad to have you back,i miss ur views&ideas abt romance.

Awwww smiley *in Kim Kardashian's voice* theeenk you. Lol

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by kandiikane(m): 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2014
Evina:

Not wise, if you ask me.
it is good to deflate that ego sometimes. Having an ego is not something one should be proud of. He should know that if he isn't treating his girl right, there are many others willing to do it. wink

7 Likes

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 19, 2014
kiss
Evina:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Pictures Of Igbo Bride And Her Oyinbo Husband-to-be / Guys, What's The First Thing You Check Before You Approach A Lady? / Caption This Photo Of A Soldier And His New Bride.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.