Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? (57933 Views)

I'm Hitting On A 42-year Old Woman And She's Down. / ~ Guys: Reasons Why Ladies Dump You For Other Guys ~ / ONE Trick You Can Use To Get A Girl To Take You More Seriously Than Other Guys. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
danbrowndmf:
Am a Victim of Long Distance relationship.sad

buh We hardly go out of Talk sha.cheesy

Let's make a support group sad

Nairaland LDR
I need ideas mehn.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

Very true. But it can be annoying at times I must confess. She should know how to say it sha not to try to threaten u

My Ex used to do that.

Not as a threat but as a sign of submission.

Infact all my colleagues wooed her. She was irresistible unless you no be man.

And I expect such from a wife too.

Because most men reason with their Dic heads..
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Rival(m): 4:59pm On Nov 22, 2014
Pamcrest:

Honestly my intention was not to make him jealous. I just thought our relationship had gotten to that stage where we could be open with each other abt everything happening in our individual lives. Boy, was I wrong! grin
My humble submission

That's the point! Wanting to be open doesn't mean that you you should go about doing things deliberately and coming back to tell him, expecting him to understand! You're indirectly telling him, by your action, that he's not doing enough to make you happy and contented in the relationship!

He'd naturally react because his ego is threatened when you start showing him gifts from other guys who are interested in you! IMO.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oahray:
long distance?

Yep

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by laykhorn(m): 5:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
Evina:

Telling doesn't build trust. It mostly destroys it. What is the point in rubbing it in your man's face that he's got competition? Men have big egos, they want to be known as sole proprietors. Why deflate the ego?

Not wise, if you ask me.
Trust me, telling him won't deflate his ego- it does otherwise.
it makes you feel like a boss... and others snubbed are sub-ordinates. It doesnt hurt!
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by danbrowndmf(m): 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
MissMeiya:

Let's make a support group sad

Nairaland LDR
I need ideas mehn.
how do we go about it?
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
JustCare:

just the reason I followed you... seems you've read
could you pls recommend some of such books?

Hi there.

Considering I don't know your area (or level) of philosophical interest, it would be hard for me to recommend a title outright. I can list my own personal favorites, but you may or may not enjoy them - there's just so much out there!

Have you had any kind of introduction to philosophy? The book that turned me on to philosophy in HS was "Beyond Good and Evil" by Friedrich Nietzsche. I thought it was very intriguing, and I can honestly say it changed my perspective. Little known fact, the popular saying "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger" was coined by Nietzsche.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by ArtanK(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Loll what are you implying? tongue

That's because being unbiased can be so dang hard at times sad

Nothing sinister lol just a compliment.

I know it's hard, hence why I can't give you a better advise. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
I dey tell oo, I dey even show am all the love messages from other guys. Cos whether I tell or not him still know say guys dey come. There's nothing wrong with it, as I feel oo
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by mplawal(m): 5:52pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmmm that will make me keep an eye on her de more nd reduce the trust i have for her
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by JustCare: 5:54pm On Nov 22, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Hi there.

Considering I don't know your area (or level) of philosophical interest, it would be hard for me to recommend a title outright. I can list my own personal favorites, but you may or may not enjoy them - there's just so much out there!

Have you had any kind of introduction to philosophy? The book that turned me on to philosophy in HS was "Beyond Good and Evil" by Friedrich Nietzsche. I thought it was very intriguing, and I can honestly say it changed my perspective. Little known fact, the popular saying "that which doesn't kill us makes us stronger" was coined by Nietzsche.

chai! ...I'm enjoying your company already! actually, I have been a private philosophy student and a researcher into the extraordinary with deep curiosity. I have read a little on philosophy and more on spiritual works...but I have always been a rational thinker, and a question asker who's been getting answers as well. Just give me a list...and be rest assured that I will download and read them, I will also get hard copies as necessity demands.
thanks... *heading to download Beyond good and evil*

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by smudge2079(m): 6:05pm On Nov 22, 2014
Who cares Nairalanders, get a job and save up for d 401k scheme.

My 1cent.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Oahray: 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
MissMeiya:

Yep
em... That one go hard small. Requires alot of time, creativity, and at times fooling around. On how many platforms do you guys talk? If you just talk on calls only, you could try chat apps. Share random thoughts at random times, initiate role-play games. Just step out of the regular.

NB: Do this only for serious long-term relationships. Can be energy sapping when it doesn't work out.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 22, 2014
MissMeiya:

That's not the reason. We've talked about everything there is to talk about. We know virtually everything about each other. We used to talk twice a day, every single day for an entire year, for at least 2 hours each call. At least.

What are you, my twin?! O.o

The things you say sometimes..
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 22, 2014
Rival:
Every relationship that has the prospect of blossoming into something tangible strives to have its foundation built on trust, love and understanding!

In this regard, would you, as a guy, want your lady to tell you about the guys hitting on her on daily bases so as to gain your trust?
Would you trust her more if she does this?

As a girl/lady do you tell your boyfriend about the guys that hit on you?

Personally I dont want to hear about it.

Normally I know that guys will be hitting on my woman. That's normal. She wouldn't be my woman if other guys weren't hitting on her.

That said, I see as an affront that my woman will tell me about guys hitting on her. Its more or less like she's threatening me and trying to say there are other guys who would appreciate her.

Rem like Keshi's brag about other countries waiting to employ him. You get what I mean.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2014
ArtanK:

Nothing sinister lol just a compliment.

I know it's hard, hence why I can't give you a better advise. Good luck.

Yh, I know bro. Thx smiley

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2014
If she tells me in a manner that makes fun of the other men...its cool by me
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
JustCare:

chai! ...I'm enjoying your company already! actually, I have been a private philosophy student and a researcher into the extraordinary with deep curiosity. I have read a little on philosophy and more on spiritual works...but I have always been a rational thinker, and a question asker who's been getting answers as well. Just give me a list...and be rest assured that I will download and read them, I will also get hard copies as necessity demands.
thanks... *heading to download Beyond good and evil*

One of my cousins made me read "Plato's Republic" which was more enjoyable as I got into it.

"Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse

"The Concept of Mind" by Gilbert Ryle.

"The Prince" by Machiavelli - I actually have this sitting in my room right now.

Might you be interested in Eastern Philosophy? Why not give these a try, and see how you like it.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by JustCare: 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

One of my cousins made me read "Plato's Republic" which was more enjoyable as I got into it.

"Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse

"The Concept of Mind" by Gilbert Ryle.

"The Prince" by Machiavelli - I actually have this sitting in my room right now.

Might you be interested in Eastern Philosophy? Why not give these a try, and see how you like it.
Thanks. I will get them right away
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
Rival:

Lol. Guy don't get it twisted, love is a beautiful thing with the right lady in it with you!

"Hitting" is used in the sense of trying to get someone laid, not the act itself!

Hehehehehe......
I wasn't far from it...tho..with a wrong conception!

It's not a bad idea... But!
Most girls will tell you how ...how many guys have been hitting on them..just to inform you that if u ever leave her...she'll get another guy in a jiffy!

But, that's not withstanding!
It's perfectly good to discuss it with ur man!
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Shugaryme(f): 6:57pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oahray:
em... That one go hard small. Requires alot of time, creativity, and at times fooling around. On how many platforms do you guys talk? If you just talk on calls only, you could try chat apps. Share random thoughts at random times, initiate role-play games. Just step out of the regular.

NB: Do this only for serious long-term relationships. Can be energy sapping when it doesn't work out.
Relationship counsellor... Counsel on tongue
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Oahray: 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
Shugaryme:
Relationship counsellor... Counsel on tongue
ah! She's feeling me cool
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
Medunah:
NO!!!! Are guys even worth it??

If guys aint worth it, goats? Cows? Donkeys?
Fine girl, we are all we got, im sure ud find a man worth it someday (or a woman, if thats ur fancy )
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Shugaryme(f): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oahray:
ah! She's feeling me cool
hehehe.. What are you na feeling like?
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Oahray: 7:22pm On Nov 22, 2014
Shugaryme:
hehehe.. What are you na feeling like?
someone special enough to be the object (or is it subject?) of your special feelings embarassed
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by netmillionaires(m): 7:29pm On Nov 22, 2014
From experience I get to realize that girls tend to tell their boyfriend when they didn't agree for the cheap hemp smoker hitting on them on the street. But when the so called big boy hit on them and they agree they won't make mention of it. U gotta find out yourself or die trying. So OP shouldn't think that telling abt this is a sign of trust and sincerity. My ex always tell me about silly old men trying to hit on her... She did it so much that I started bragging of how much she loves me. The next thing I know she was pregnant for a guy next 3 street. The question is y didn't she make mention of the guy she agree to date? Y mention only the ones she ignores?
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by scedescede(m): 7:30pm On Nov 22, 2014
If only she will be sincere to tell me when she has concide any of them
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Lolarez: 7:32pm On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmmm interesting. Well, I feel it depends on d individuals involved and their level of understanding. I for one do not fancy it cos I don't have the strength for such show of jealousy...can be irritating sometimes....but then I sometimes intentionally tell him about some guy or guys hitting on me and how serious they are, just to let him know he has competitors and must not relax until he secures the 'gold' grin This does not in anyway undermine ur luv for him and ur commitment to the r/ship.
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Shugaryme(f): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oahray:
someone special enough to be the object (or is it subject?) of your special feelings embarassed
You are not serious. *rolling eyes*
Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
kandiikane:

it is good to deflate that ego sometimes. Having an ego is not something one should be proud of. He should know that if he isn't treating his girl right, there are many others willing to do it. wink
GO ON KANDI!!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should A Girl Tell Her Boyfriend About Other Guys Hitting On Her? by Shugaryme(f): 7:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
Lolarez:
....but then I sometimes intentionally tell him about some guy or guys hitting on me and how serious they are, just to let him know he has competitors and must not relax until he secures the 'gold' grin This does not in anyway undermine ur luv for him and ur commitment to the r/ship.
Seconded grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oyinbo Man Dances At A Yoruba Wedding. All Eyes On Him / Married Women Don't Care About Condoms When They Cheat / Plus-sized Man Knelt Down And Proposed To His Girlfriend (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.