Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced (35375 Views)

Nokia Launches N1 Android Tablet Running Lollipop / Nokia Launches N1 Android Tablet Running Android Os 5 / How To Use Whatsapp On An Android Tablet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by victorix(m): 3:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
frankobaba:
$249...?

Does it come with inbuilt fridge?
Or inbuilt ATM machine?

Abeg where my tecno tab de sef...

#Team TECNO

see yr life, team tecno? U no dey move forward? 10yrs time now, na team tecno u go still dey shout. Smh
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by UjSizzle(f): 3:29pm On Nov 18, 2014
Looks sexy
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
Woow that phone is sleek

SWEAT TOO MUCH? Contact Mr sweatfree
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by phemybof(m): 4:00pm On Nov 18, 2014
i believe my #tecno will soon release #android6.5 wt cheaper price than ds Nokia
mtcheeeew @nokia
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by ibietela2(m): 4:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
akpanikpe:

is iPad not a product from Apple? Abi iPad no be tablet again? Abi Apple (fruit) dey hungry u?

READ your 2 post again....
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by jibbzion(m): 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2014
blemon44:
nairaland self
i thought they posted here now that Nokia wont be producing anything
why una dey use us dey play like this?

Hahahahahahahaha! I dash you 1 like...grin
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by xtervaganza(m): 4:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
mifavour:
I hope its works fine. I honestly think Nokia shud stick to their java and symbian stuff
java and Symbian in 2014?

Lol

Like burna boy said; let the old things pass away
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by sonnie10: 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2014
paulshakur:
Wow, a great specification. I hope the spec won't make the price sky rocket.

God Bless Nairaland, God Bless Nigeria.

For Cafe owners, Secondary Schools enrolling their
candidates for WAEC, NECO, JAMB, School Teachers,
Proprietors, Principals and Workers, Tutorial Center Owners
and Business Center Owners, My signature might be useful
to you.[b]Wow, a great specification. I hope the spec won't make the price sky rocket.

to you.[/b]Wow, a great specification. I hope the spec won't make the price sky rocket.

to you.

Is there a data base to match or cross reference information obtained during any investigation should the need arise?
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Donsheddy: 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
akpanikpe:

Am jst expressing my own view, and making my comment, y are u quoting me wit the phrase (Mumu) when am not? If u end up saying I can't afford it I jst dey make noise is even more better said, in which case I swear I can buy 10 pices of you.
please can you buy any android phone for me. I will be forever grateful .i stay at portharcourt. Tanks and Godbless
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
Wow!!! 2.3ghz!!! Omoh dis tab na laptop...#laptop in a tab's body
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by badaru911: 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
This phone does not av a space for sim card. So, NO SIM CARD and it is not a gsm phone,that is, it does not work with any gsm network provider.
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2014
mifavour:
I hope its works fine. I honestly think Nokia shud stick to their java and symbian stuff
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
mifavour:
change is the only constant thing in life-- Rigidity is dangerous. Go with the winds and trends.

1 Like

Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by twerkjack: 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
frankobaba:
$249...?

Or inbuilt ATM machine?

#Team TECNO
40 to 50 thounsand naira only? Mtcheeew abeg when e go enter ph?
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by chamboy(m): 6:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nokia = Microsoft so expect windows 8
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by apogeez(m): 6:20pm On Nov 18, 2014
frankobaba:
$249...?

Or inbuilt ATM machine?

#Team TECNO
DON'T O O... smiley
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Basirutanko113(m): 7:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
daz cool
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 18, 2014
good phone buh shey Nokia mean say if i wan snap for night, i go need to buy torch light first?

blah blah blah
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Donemmex(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
Cheapest MTN Data Subscription.
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by DaBullIT(m): 9:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
blemon44:
nairaland self
i thought they posted here now that Nokia wont be producing anything
why una dey use us dey play like this?

They said Nokia won't be producing mobile phones anymore , instead they will be producing phablets. = phone + tablet

1 Like

Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by agent9(m): 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2014
frankobaba:
$249...?

Or inbuilt ATM machine?

#Team TECNO

Lol ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Juenwume: 9:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
how much is apple tablet in nigerian naira?
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by izikjon(m): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2014
We look forward...
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Djbaka(m): 9:58pm On Nov 18, 2014
onosprince:
Nokia just did the licensing of the name, the product is made by FOXCONN.
Story Story..... Story!
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
I tot the name meant that the nokia is one naira self
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Habeebpain(m): 11:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
paulshakur:
Wow, a great specification. I hope the spec won't make the price sky rocket.

to you.[b]Wow, a great specification. I hope the spec won't make the price sky rocket.

to you.[/b]Wow, a great specification. I hope the spec won't make the price sky rocket.

to you.

No be this same scanner INEC dey use for my area for registration? You have to apply pressure for it to register your fingerprints. Na im I go come pay 14k for? Abeg swerve.
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Habeebpain(m): 11:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
Jhuniyour:
good phone buh shey Nokia mean say if i wan snap for night, i go need to buy torch light first?

blah blah blah

A tablet is not meant for taking pictures, when I see people doing that at parties, I term them bush people. A tablet is not meant for recording .The camera is just there in case you need to take pictures you need to send to someone while working or for use with certain apps such as camscanner.

Foxconn manufactures for several companies including Apple and their factories are in China, India, Czech republic, Brazil etc. They're an ODM (original design manufacturer). What they do is assemble/manufacture the parts that make up a particular phone. Take for example the iPhone; let's say the processor comes in from Samsung, camera from Sony, screen from Sharp etc. The Foxconn factory then assembles the phone and ships it to the warehouse of the client.

Now they've started making their own devices, but while it'll take time for them to build a brand name, they go into a deal with a known client and brand the device in their name. Maintenance, updates and support will be handled by the company whose name is on the device.
Now wouldn't you rather buy a Nokia tablet than a Foxconn one? That's what goes on behind the scenes.
There are lots of design manufacturers in Asia. If you're very familiar with phones, you'll notice that a particular phone with the same design may have two different brand names in different parts of the world. Try checking out Tecno phones and the Indian phone company Micromax, another example is Gionee and the American company Blu.
As long as the company enters into an agreement not to penetrate into each other's markets everything will be fine. All they have to do is make some few adjustments like Frequency bands as it varies from country to country.

And to the dude comparing Tecno to Nokia, they'll never be on the same levels. I'll take Tecno serious when they have a Research and development team like Nokia. You think it's moi moi to put a 2.3GHz Intel processor in your device? Tecno can't pull that kind of weight yet. tongue
Jhuniyour:

blah blah blah

A tablet is not meant for taking pictures, when I see people doing that at parties, I term them bush people. A tablet is not meant for recording .The camera is just there in case you need to take pictures you need to send to someone while working or for use with certain apps such as camscanner.

Foxconn manufactures for several companies including Apple and their factories are in China, India, Czech republic, Brazil etc. They're an ODM (original design manufacturer). What they do is assemble/manufacture the parts that make up a particular phone. Take for example the iPhone; let's say the processor comes in from Samsung, camera from Sony, screen from Sharp etc. The Foxconn factory then assembles the phone and ships it to the warehouse of the client.

Now they've started making their own devices, but while it'll take time for them to build a brand name, they go into a deal with a known client and brand the device in their name. Maintenance, updates and support will be handled by the company whose name is on the device.
Now wouldn't you rather buy a Nokia tablet than a Foxconn one? That's what goes on behind the scenes.
There are lots of design manufacturers in Asia. If you're very familiar with phones, you'll notice that a particular phone with the same design may have two different brand names in different parts of the world. Try checking out Tecno phones and the Indian phone company Micromax, another example is Gionee and the American company Blu.
As long as the company enters into an agreement not to penetrate into each other's markets everything will be fine. All they have to do is make some few adjustments like Frequency bands as it varies from country to country.

And to the dude comparing Tecno to Nokia, they'll never be on the same levels. I'll take Tecno serious when they have a Research and development team like Nokia. You think it's moi moi to put a 2.3GHz Intel processor in your device? Tecno can't pull that kind of weight yet.

1 Like

Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Polyflexzy(m): 1:27am On Nov 19, 2014
tope24:
Good job by nokia. if it is to be sold for less than 50k, that leaves those who can't afford ipad with another choice.

itz nt abt hvin an ipad. Apple has so much limitations already. I bet yu, i will prefer an android OS over apple's iOS anytym anyday anywhr
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by Polyflexzy(m): 1:38am On Nov 19, 2014
Habeebpain:

And to the dude comparing Tecno to Nokia, they'll never be on the same levels. I'll take Tecno serious when they have a Research and development team like Nokia. You think it's moi moi to put a 2.3GHz Intel processor in your device? Tecno can't pull that kind of weight yet. tongue

And to the dude comparing Tecno to Nokia, they'll never be on the same levels. I'll take Tecno serious when they have a Research and development team like Nokia. You think it's moi moi to put a 2.3GHz Intel processor in your device? Tecno can't pull that kind of weight yet.

You got a hefty point there, but nigerians as we all know prefer cheap gadgets to quality ones. That's why when i see phone users with tecno etc claiming pride over goin for such brand over samsung, LG or nokia... I term them #realNAIJA.
You got hefty point, but nigerians as we all know prefer cheap gadgets to quality gadgets. That's why when i see phone users with tecno etc claimin
Re: Nokia N1 Android Tablet Announced by chikis(m): 2:55am On Nov 19, 2014
Abeg make una educate me here. Can the tablet do the work of a laptop? For example, corel draw, paint, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

50k-70k Budget: Best Android Phone To Buy / Transfer Airtime From One Network To Another / Glo Scatter Dem! Glo2go @ 1k/sec- Flexi Dynamic Tariff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.