Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? (2822 Views)

2014 Mercedes-Benz S Class In Pictures / The New 6-wheel-drive Mercedes G63 AMG / 2012 Mercedes E63 Vs. 2012 Jaguar Xfr Vs. 2012 Bmw M5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by auhanson(m): 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Which of these two monster do you prefer? Which one is a better car?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5oSik1eHs&spfreload=10
Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by Export1: 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2014
2014 BMW :

-New Competition Package for 2014
-High-performance variant of the 5 Series
-Twin-turbo V-8
-Seven-speed dual-clutch transmission or six-speed manual
-Available carbon-ceramic brakes
Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by lonelydora: 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2014
Mercedes anytime anyday.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by AutosBay(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
I should point out that as critical as I'm being of the BMW, this new M5 Competition Package is a much better-driving car.
Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2014
BMW M5 F10.

While the Mercedes-Benz AMG 63 is undoubtedly an awesome car, it lacks the driving dynamics of the M5. BMW's M division has a rich Motorsport heritage, which AMG's lack. As a driver's car, the M cars rule the roost, way above their AMG rivals.

1 Like

Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by auhanson(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
Lomomike, Thanks for the rescue. I appreciate
Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by auhanson(m): 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2014
I want to be very objective here but not emotional,cause i love both brands. It's unfortunate that some judgement here are solely based on emotional dislike overtime for a particular brand, but not objectively.

The two cars are identical , mid size luxury sedan that drives the same like super cars, but behind the wheel they feel very different. 60 -0 mph braking at 106 ft.They both run around figure eight in 24.3 sec @ 0.83G(avg), but behind the wheel they feel very very different.

BMW rushes 0-60 mph acceleration in 3.7 sec and a 1/4Mile of 11.9 sec @ 122.2 MPH.

AMG is a bit faster . It hits 0-60 MPH Acceleration in 3.4 sec and a 1/4 mile of 11.5 sec @121.8MPH

The amg is relatively drama free unlike the M5, however she is cool calm comfy with but very suited for bad temper drives.

The M5 on the other hand is a crasy machine, very dramatic for the boys. Call it drivers car or what have you.. if you get it wrong it will spin, stunt, smoke and could do some doughnut as well more than the E63. The MB E63 model drivers neither bother about these, cause they thing it isn't a thing for the matured minds.

How many of us, would buy such expensive cars to do doughnut,spinning and smoking? How many times do you ever do that in a life time in a drivers machine?

Wouldn't you rather want to be safe at bends and brake savely at sudden/unforseen occurrence yet still remain save in a smooth comfy easy but non dragoneer car? E63 handles better when it comes to this.

In every measurable way, the M5 and E63 bahaves like super cars, yet they are really heavy sedans; The m5 weighs 4369 ibs with 575 hp & 500b-ft of torgue from a 4.4litre twin-turbo DOHC 32 valve v-8 engine, while

the e63 generate 577 hp with 590 b-ft of torgue from 5.5litre twin-turbo DOHC 32 -valave v8 engine , the difference is clear though.

Lets chose not to believe that but the tested dynos:

The Amg at the dyno wheel test, generated 541hp and 505ibs ft of torgue. While the BMW on the same dyno wheel test generated 508hp and 452 ibs ft of torgue. So what do you still say to that? Who is really more practical car?

The M5, though it has a twim clutch, but the steering handles a little too heavy for the kind of expensive car she is, unlike the benz with a single clutch but handles nicely light on the steering(even though it is actually heavier than the M5) and bulldozes around without causing any damage.E63 is a better car in this series. I prefer the Mercedes Benz E63 to the BMW M5.

2 Likes

Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by phazotron(m): 7:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
you pple are commenting based on the previous generation m5. if you are an unbiased petrolhead like me that does a lot of research, u will discover that this new m5 despite being good, does not live up to the legacy of previous m5s. its heavy, very complicated with too many driving modes the steering is numb the brakes are weak, etc. in that very comparison video the e63 won. the Bible says that out of the mouth of 2 or 3 the truth shall b established. do proper research b4 commenting.
Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by yungboss(m): 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
phazotron:
you pple are commenting based on the previous generation m5. if you are an unbiased petrolhead like me that does a lot of research, u will discover that this new m5 despite being good, does not live up to the legacy of previous m5s. its heavy, very complicated with too many driving modes the steering is numb the brakes are weak, etc. in that very comparison video the e63 won. the Bible says that out of the mouth of 2 or 3 the truth shall b established. do proper research b4 commenting.
is this from driving experience or reviews digested?
Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Dec 04, 2014
phazotron:

Don't make assumptions, and place yourself above people you haven't met. Every one's contribution is valid. I have actually driven the current M5, extended test drives are easy to arrange.

Whilst I haven't driven the current Mercedes-Benz AMG C63, a buddy of mine owns one. And he himself has admitted it doesn't offer the same driving experience as the BMW M5, despite him being a hardcore Mercedes-Benz fan. This is as unbiased an opinion as one could get.

Learn to be less dismissive of the opinion of others, every opinion counts. "Unbiased petrolhead like you", pfffffffttt.

3 Likes

Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by redcliff: 11:17am On Dec 06, 2014
Siena:

Don't make assumptions, and place yourself above people you haven't met. Every one's contribution is valid. I have actually driven the current M5, extended test drives are easy to arrange.

Whilst I haven't driven the current Mercedes-Benz AMG C63, a buddy of mine owns one. And he himself has admitted it doesn't offer the same driving experience as the BMW M5, despite him being a hardcore Mercedes-Benz fan. This is as unbiased an opinion as one could get.

Learn to be less dismissive of the opinion of others, every opinion counts. "Unbiased petrolhead like you", pfffffffttt.

Siena.. how do you do.. right now im in a deep dilemma.. i have been meaning to get my mum a car gift..i checked out the a6 and a4. I like the a6 alot because it has alot of leg room and im a tall person. So is my mum. So i went to check one yesterday. The a4 i mean. I liked it but theres really no leg room and it feels like a tight car.. no space.. i just feel like im in a prison. My mum has good car taste so do I. I saw some a6 but the problem people keeep complaining about is the transmision problem the car has which has made me really scared. Right now im on my way to check some a6 and i want to ask if theres any way i can avoid the transmision issues the a6 may have?
Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by phazotron(m): 9:19pm On Jan 24, 2015
now mr siena i do admit that i havent driven any of the two but truss me every reviewer of both has consistently placed the e63 ahead of the m5. every one! scan the web well youll see what im talking about including the motortrend head to head that this thread is based on. its always the same issue and complaints with the m5: non communicative and heavy steering, weak brakes and a suspension that does not properly conceal the cars weight. as for the drivetrain, its a 100%. now im not really supposed to tale sides here because i havent driven any, but can all those reviewers be lying ? besides, the bible says out of the mouth of 2or3 the truth shall b established.
Re: 2014 Bmw M5 Competition Vs 2014 Mercedes-benz E63 Amg s model-Which is Better? by marshalcarter: 8:31am On Jan 27, 2015
M takin the bimmer all the way....it has no comparism

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Common Problems That Acura MDX 2001-2005 Do Have. / From Car Wash To Transmission Problem. Help / Conversion Of Right Hand Car Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.