Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,148 members, 7,807,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor (89766 Views)

A UNILAG Babe's Twitter Love Story / Life Of A Unilag Student / My Complicated Love Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by bimbos2007: 11:11am On Nov 20, 2014
A female Experienced events manager needed. with 3-5 years experience in events management and administration, send cv to bimbos2007@yahoo.com thanks. Salary very attractive
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by dnawah(m): 3:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
spartanian:
A woman already has the innate power to change the world without being a FEMINIST, imagine if we had a 100 of this lady on the streets of Lagos.....guess the impact on our society.
bet me o will relocate to lagosgrin
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by Nimen(m): 11:56am On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by maclatunji: 1:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
Nimen:
This story has been plagiarized, i call the attention of Royver and maclatunji to this
https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=892481240785943&id=100000722262488&set=a.137726002928141.17472.100000722262488&_rdr#892526494114751

Sadly, chasing plagiarists in Nigeria is like chasing demons, they multiply easily. For now, I suggest we live them to poetic justice. In due course, a very systematic and strategic plan of action will be implemented against them #Godwilling.
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by stephaniepearl(f): 7:40am On Nov 22, 2014
absurdity
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by MAYOWAAK: 11:34pm On Nov 29, 2014
For those who believe in the power of redemption, we can also assume that the story of that hapless conductor will not end at the motor parks. Having realised the mistakes he made, he could probably decide to take responsibility for the past and make efforts for a better future that was still within his reach; after all, it is never late to embrace a more productive approach to life. And as it is with individuals, so it is with nations. There is no doubt that Nigeria has squandered its riches and mismanaged several opportunities and potentials but as late in the day as it may seem, our country is not a lost cause if only we can embrace a more productive approach to public issues.

Let us come back to that beautiful girl who did not see a conductor but rather another human being. The girl in the story represents the ideal leader: the one who would not relate with people on the basis of status, ethnicity or religion; one who would give everyone his/her due; one who believes that even a conductor deserves to be treated with respect and dignity and one who would fire the imagination of the seemingly hopeless (in this instance, with a simple peck), that could mark a turn-around in the fortunes of such people.

Whichever way we look at it, what is not in dispute is that our society is in dire need of politicians and public officials with the integrity of that “Danfo girl”, especially as we move towards the crucial 2015 general elections.

3 Likes

Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by maclatunji: 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2014
MAYOWAAK:
For those who believe in the power of redemption, we can also assume that the story of that hapless conductor will not end at the motor parks. Having realised the mistakes he made, he could probably decide to take responsibility for the past and make efforts for a better future that was still within his reach; after all, it is never late to embrace a more productive approach to life. And as it is with individuals, so it is with nations. There is no doubt that Nigeria has squandered its riches and mismanaged several opportunities and potentials but as late in the day as it may seem, our country is not a lost cause if only we can embrace a more productive approach to public issues.

Let us come back to that beautiful girl who did not see a conductor but rather another human being. The girl in the story represents the ideal leader: the one who would not relate with people on the basis of status, ethnicity or religion; one who would give everyone his/her due; one who believes that even a conductor deserves to be treated with respect and dignity and one who would fire the imagination of the seemingly hopeless (in this instance, with a simple peck), that could mark a turn-around in the fortunes of such people.

Whichever way we look at it, what is not in dispute is that our society is in dire need of politicians and public officials with the integrity of that “Danfo girl”, especially as we move towards the crucial 2015 general elections.

Really?
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by bollify(m): 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2014
donigspain:
Quite an interesting read.

Bus conductors are actually humans. Sometimes the problem lies in the way we approach them like they are society rejects. The times I have tried to communicate with them in a friendly and caring tone have showed me that under those bloodshot eyes lies a gentle soul yearning for love and affection.

hmmmmm...... reminds me of days when I was a one. Although levels don change now and i can only thank God.
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by maclatunji: 3:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
bollify:

hmmmmm...... reminds me of days when I was a one. Although levels don change now and i can only thank God.

#Congratulations. You are the second person that has actually admitted ever being one that I have come across, the other person is in real life.
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by bollify(m): 6:51am On Dec 03, 2014
maclatunji:

#Congratulations. You are the second person that has actually admitted ever being one that I have come across, the other person is in real life.

Its my past bro... In fact, I have two friends then, one is currently on service now. He did civil engineering, d oda is an ND holder accounting and by the grace of God I'm in my finals in a federal university. Like I said, its my past and I don't regret it. Today is the yesterday of tommorrow and the step we take today is what matters more than where we are today. That is what shape our tommorrow and not really where we are. If I have opportunity to meet the person in this situation, I believe I can help reshape his life cos people with such mentality do have determination when they see the light of hope. Anybody can be anything he or she choses to be nomatter where he/she find himself/herself.

4 Likes

Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by maclatunji: 6:59am On Dec 03, 2014
bollify:

Its my past bro... In fact, I have two friends then, one is currently on service now. He did civil engineering, d oda is an ND holder accounting and by the grace of God I'm in my finals in a federal university. Like I said, its my past and I don't regret it. Today is the yesterday of tommorrow and the step we take today is what matters more than where we are today. That is what shape our tommorrow and not really where we are. If I have opportunity to meet the person in this situation, I believe I can help reshape his life cos people with such mentality do have determination when they see the light of hope. Anybody can be anything he or she choses to be nomatter where he/she find himself/herself.

True.
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by Jummyjagz(f): 10:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
maclatunji:

What is "conductor" in Yoruba?

i wonder ooooo
dunno if its a must 2comment
nice 1 dr really touching
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by Jummyjagz(f): 10:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
baba11:
Reading it, I was just laughing throughout but for correction's sake,it's not agbero but rather simply bus conductor...The guy can still enrol in adult class...there's still more time to do that....maybe he ll just need to have mentors...that's all!!!!!lobatan cool shocked tongue

shoro niyen
angry
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by baba11(m): 5:46am On Apr 20, 2015
Jummyjagz:

shoro niyen
angry
Itumo?
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by Jummyjagz(f): 1:34am On Apr 23, 2015
baba11:

Itumo?
yawns
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by baba11(m): 7:02am On Apr 23, 2015
Jummyjagz:

yawns
Jimmyjatts!
U b DJ?
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by Jummyjagz(f): 8:43am On Apr 23, 2015
baba11:

Jimmyjatts!
U b DJ?
its jummyjagz! Ar u as blind as u'r dumb undecided
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by baba11(m): 10:24am On Apr 23, 2015
Jummyjagz:

its jummyjagz! Ar u as blind as u'r dumb undecided
As u are too....

Kid on nairaland, go get life for ya self....oak!
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by Jummyjagz(f): 6:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
baba11:

As u are too....

Kid on nairaland, go get life for ya self....oak!
lolz! I av 1 far better dan urz! By d way i thought OAK z a tree undecided
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by baba11(m): 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
Jummyjagz:

lolz! I av 1 far better dan urz! By d way i thought OAK z a tree undecided
Ask Google...
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by Jummyjagz(f): 11:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
baba11:

Ask Google...
lolz
dumbass
grin
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by baba11(m): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2015
Jummyjagz:

lolz
dumbass
grin
Why beefing?

Is it because I'm fine dan u?
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by Jummyjagz(f): 11:14pm On Apr 29, 2015
baba11:

Why beefing?

Is it because I'm fine dan u?
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by baba11(m): 3:58pm On May 01, 2015
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by miracle98(f): 10:08am On May 04, 2015
Hy here,although 've nt bn readn diz story nor 've i commented b4,buh i jst noticed sumthing dah ifelt i shud share i
dere z diz guy named samuel virginboy nnaelue dah posted ur story recently on facebook,i jst wanna hint u tho,hv a nice day!
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by SujiAndrew(m): 8:44am On May 17, 2016
Two Kinds of Morality http://www.sujiandrewsblog.tk/2016/05/two-kinds-of-morality.html?m=1
What is the role of morality in our Christian walk?
This post will clarify your doubts about what the true morality is.
Be blessed in the name of our lord Jesus Christ.
Re: Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor by Prognose: 1:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
Wow, what an awesome read! Kudos to the writer, the conductor and the girl. So emotional right now!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Witches And Wizards / My Personal Taste..(18+) / The Bang Rule Pdf File Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.